Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the hobby I browsed through derpibooru.org (do not go there without protection against ponies, freaks, creeps and fetishists) to look for crossover pictures and was extremely disappointed that there was no picture of Warhammer 40,000 inhabitants murdering the hell out of filthy pastel friendship horses.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm pretty sure I'm immune to fear now.

You mean like this:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/442828483956058773/7ED7BC55433CFD445D560EBA873114851E801FCD/?

TITH I got some black on the MKIIB.  For a Land Raider it's a SEXAH BEAST.  Don't have transport for it yet, but ... meh.  At this rate I may be done by June

Which is perfect timing!

Heavy Bolters better be a thing in 8th edition.  They've been the heavy weapon stepchild for too long.

So... Today I tracked down a second-generation IG Storm Trooper for my SW:A Adeptus Arbites patrol team, standing in as a SWAT-style Tempestus Scion.  Unfortunately, I forgot just how much I love the old sculpts, and now I have a second all-Storm Trooper kill team to work on.  Talk about M41 problems...

Edited by CommodusXIII

Today in the hobby I listened to Brawl in the Family's Ode to Minions for the first time in years, and I wished there was an equivalent song for Warhammer 40.000.

"So light a candle

For the cadians that were crushed beneath your feet.

Say a prayer

For all the catachans that were sliced into minced meat.

Give a shout out

To all the men you killed just to open that locked door,

'Cause no one thinks about the guardsmen anymore..."

Edited by Knight of the Raven

YITH I stabbed myself for the first time with a tool trying to dig some greenstuff out of something. Healed up like I had larraman's cells in my blood but it ​hurt. ​Well, I know better for next time.

Also began to assemble a devastator with a 3D plasma cannon for an arm. I'm thinking about trying to pin it. We'll see how it goes.

TITH I pinned something for the first time. Went decently, I think, will have to wait till tomorrow afternoon for the greenstuff to cure to know for sure. Also sort of attempted a power cable. That may get bulked out later, or not, if I'm feeling lazy.

I'm pretty much ignoring 8th... if the numarines are convertible I may start with templaring them and the. Go back and truscale everybody else... don't know how I'll truscale the mk3, or the monopose dark vengeance chaos.. lamentations!

TITH I started to paint the Thousand Sons army I've been building since Xmas. Six Rubrics and an Exalted Sorceror to start, but I get the feeling 8th with make them a lot, lot cheaper so I'll be painting a load more

TITH I put more black paint on the LR MkII.  AND was able to glue on the sponsons.  That is a sexy tank!

Oh, and I worked on cleaning up some of the mess of the 8th edition mega-thread.  Dudes, that is work here.  It should be ready soon, but ... work!

I'm pretty much ignoring 8th... if the numarines are convertible I may start with templaring them and the. Go back and truscale everybody else... don't know how I'll truscale the mk3, or the monopose dark vengeance chaos.. lamentations!

concur. given i have the greater part of two boxes worth of unbuilt B@C marines and no intention of truscaling anything it's easier to ignore 8th. i don't mind the idea of, "we shall call them... mini-centurions".

i am looking forward to someone writing a fauscale tutorial though  :)

TITH i started work on an epic black templars army... because too many marine armies is still not enough.

TiTH bought me a little B-Day present:  an Imp Knight and a copy of Shadow Wars Book and Sgt Telion for conversion fodder

Last purchase from GW as they change RoW site to USD ( and raise prices 28%)

Don't see myself getting into 8th ed. at all - going to continue to ignore the new AoS style stuff.

So will gladly play with 2nd ruleset / SW:A moving forward.

Yesterday considered buying a really cheap 3d printer vs buying 3-4 boxes of terrain I'm meh about.  Probably done with my hobby purchases for the year...probably.  :)

TITH I continued to make major headway on my SW:A project.  The last of my Adeptus Arbites are nearing completion, and I've prepared my two Special Operatives for painting.  I also have about 10 more civilians ready to paint, and another 10 or so on the way.  I'm hoping to have time this week to clear out an area to begin taking pictures.  :happy.:

After much indecision about whether to pick up the last couple of tactical boxes I need to finish my Company (thanks to the hoohah about Numarines imminent arrival) I have arranged to go down to Warhammer World next week to pick up the command tanks and a couple other Forgeworld vehicles instead.