Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TiTH I have been playing Mechanicus and loving the ability to customize your tech priest party. It's really making me want to cut up some models and make some custom priests myself but finding base models other than Enginseers and Datasmiths seems like it would be tricky. I've probably got enough Skitarii, Sicarian and Kataphron parts left over to make something so I'll have to take a look at models to find a good starting point.

Yesterday/today in the Hobby, I dunno what happened.  I went to the shop for two bottles of primer, there was some flashing light, aaaaaand I walked out with three large bottles of vallejo primer, transparent red, a drop pod, three land speeders, a tyranid harpy, and two Imperial Sector sets for like $350 Cnd. I'm... not entirely sure what happened, it's all a blur.  

today/tomorrow in the hobby... building Leman Russ and his two puppies for a Christmas Gift. 

today/tomorrow in the hobby... building Leman Russ and his two puppies for a Christmas Gift. 

You're BUILDING someone a puppy? O.o

Edit: Wait, just reread. Don't comment before you're fully awake people! You'll look like an idiot :lol:

Edited by Gederas

You're BUILDING someone a puppy? O.o

Edit: Wait, just reread. Don't comment before you're fully awake people! You'll look like an idiot :laugh.:

I thought... "Why does a tank need some dogs?"

Dat be Big Papa Russ.  Although all tanks need a dog mascot, right?  Canid ex Nihlia.  

Build a Bear is a thing, build a dog should also be a thing.  And on the subject, I snagged Canis rex and a Knight Valiant when I got coaxed back to the shop.  Uuuugh, too much plastic. 

TITH I did some painting on Watch Captain Marez. Need to get another Kill-Team Cassius box (or pick up the Deathwatch Overkill box from the other GW near me....) to fully finish him after I do the finishing touches for the model currently (need to finish the plasma pistol, then finish the highlights on his backpack and pistol)

5jSAYtQ.jpg

TITHI cleaned and glued two more Rievers and a random "character" (Old Marine carrying a Heavy Bolter singledhandedly, just because he can)

I am slowly getting back into the Hobby again.

I also realised I have... 17 Primaris Character Models converted and glued already.

(Squad/Pack Leaders not counted)

From Dark Imperium:

Captain in Gravis Armor

Ancient with Banner

2 Lieutenants

Plasmapistol and Powerfist Anniversary Captain

500 Stores Primaris taking his helmet-cap off

Haldor Icepelt

A 'Ragnar Blackmane'-like "Youngster"

Primaris with a huge Thunderhammer

Primaris with a Chainfist and Knife

Primaris with a huge double-headed Axe

Primaris with a long Chainsword

Primaris with a Star-Chart/Relic

2 Wolf Priests

Rune Priest with an Eagle

Riever Sniper Character

...once I get the last 7 Rievers glued, I should get back to painting, huh? =/

TITH I got the Space Marine Adventures - Labyrinth of the Necron box game today from the local(ish) Barnes & Noble, along with the Armageddon omnibus.

GenConSMAdventures-Aug1-Box3x.jpg

Contains the Sergeant Sevastus (named Sergeant Cassius in here) kit from the Space Marine Heroes boxes, along with 4 other marines not in the Heroes boxes:
GenConSMAdventures-Aug1-Minis4s.jpg

I'm obviously going to be fiddling with these five to make them into Deathwatch Marines. Will keep the chapters the same for the Kill-Team.

TITHI Finished my legion praevian consul for my ultramarine legion army, thanks to the wonders of neodymium he can swap out his power sword and plasma pistol for a bolt pistol and thunder hammer, now I just need to find some matching combat shields from my bits boxes for the pistol hands, also put the finishing touches to a trio of vorax battle automata for him to lead, a legion champion and a primaris librarian

Tomorrow I'm planning on working on some death guard, mostly some plague walkers, six plague marines and a myphitic blight hauler (got to keep the light and dark sides balanced:wink: )

And as an update to the previous TITHI post I made, I finished the converting of the Space Marine Heroes to Deathwatch.

Zlr64qf.jpg

Good lord those guys are hard to convert. Also, damn that Imperial Fist one does not like the camera :lol:

Edited by Gederas

heh, nice work Gederas mate, real nice.  Man, kinda sad that I'd already totally forgotten about the Space Marine adventures line (and the Sally looks great.  Still a little sad that the Angel doesn't have a proper beakie boy helm).  Dude, deathwatch looks crackin' on 'em!  Peeerfect.

Portman, mate, welcome back to the fray!  Heh, that's one scary gap, a full 90% of my time in the hobby in fact. 

Niiiice work Tredhead, gots a picture for us some time, mate?  That's right cool (I really do need to make a Praevian consul some time, and seeing others is a great inspiration).  

As for me...TiTH, I put together two of the new big boy knights (Man they're clean), assembled the Sector Imperialis box set (I don't recall any of the other Imperialis sets with combined 3 segment walls.  Is that new?), put together 20 escher gangers for my Cthonian Militia, and then half put together my first normal drop pod (that's not a Dreadclaw).  WarriorHunter, mate, how did you ever do these things?  Uuuuuugh, I hate them almost as much as the Dreadclaw. 

heh, nice work Gederas mate, real nice.  Man, kinda sad that I'd already totally forgotten about the Space Marine adventures line (and the Sally looks great.  Still a little sad that the Angel doesn't have a proper beakie boy helm).  Dude, deathwatch looks crackin' on 'em!  Peeerfect.

You can only buy it at select retailers, like Barnes & Noble in the US, so that's understandable. :lol: And I think I'm going to go with all bare heads for these five. Sevastus has an AMAZING looking bare head, honestly one of my favorites in the entire Marine line. The difficult part is figuring out what head to use for the Fist.

Heh, wonder if Chapters might have it up north here.  It's a great choice to make them feel really unique and individualistic!  The Veteran packs in the SM line has some terrific ones that are totally worth the investment, and the new heroes and such look great.  I swear, I never liked a lot of the heads before, but admittedly they were usually just bald and screaming or cowlick hairgel sorts. After using the FW and finecast chapter master heads I kinda got hooked.