Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Pacific81 said:

I assembled/based about 75 Orks and 10 boar riders for a Snakebite Clan. For Epic scale though :happy:

20221024_135108~2.jpg

Where did you find these lil beauties? Im thinkin about dipping my toe into 1st ed epic again.

4 hours ago, Slave to Darkness said:

Where did you find these lil beauties? Im thinkin about dipping my toe into 1st ed epic again.

These specific ones are from Vanguard Miniatures ('skinners' range). They do 'standard' space ork type minis, command, vehicles, all that kind of stuff too.

There are quite a few 3d prints around too, Wakes Emporium or Mighty-minis-uk.com if you need a printing service.

1 hour ago, Pacific81 said:

These specific ones are from Vanguard Miniatures ('skinners' range). They do 'standard' space ork type minis, command, vehicles, all that kind of stuff too.

There are quite a few 3d prints around too, Wakes Emporium or Mighty-minis-uk.com if you need a printing service.

Thanks. :thumbsup: Im gonna look at more minis I cant afford to add to my pile of opportunity. 

1 hour ago, Slave to Darkness said:

Thanks. :thumbsup: Im gonna look at more minis I cant afford to add to my pile of opportunity. 

Good luck! At least its a pretty cheap system to collect for. I get some from Vanguard, a few 3d prints and pick my targets on ebay for classic stuff - some of it is getting expensive now, but generally the mass produced plastics from the boxsets sold by the tonne so they are still pretty reasonable.

Yesterday in the hobby I managed to get all of my space hulk terrain assembled, primed, and detailed painted.  Today I'm going to be doing some oil washes, hopefully tomorrow it will be dry and I can finish with dry brushing and finally after decades of dreaming have a 3D space hulk interior!

That will be something to see @Inquisitor Eisenhorn! Is that something you are making from a kit or you have done yourself? 

Today I finished off some Epic Termite tunnelers and Crusade-era World Eater Berserkers. I love the idea of them being constrained inside the machines and then released when it surfaces :smile:

WE_Termites3.webp

@Pacific81

Nothing so ambitious as a scratch build--I just managed to get the new Kill Team space hulk kit which is brilliant!  Also picked up the Shadowvault so I may be repeating this build/paint process next month for twice as much hulk to explore. 

TITH I got an airbrush spray booth so I got my badger Sotar 20/20 out to try it out and the airbrush is done in. Cleaned it, took it apart and rebuilt it and then tried it again and just air going through. No primer will go through it at all so I picked up a cheap £20 airbrush and that works fine so I primed the five ork kommandos I built a few weeks back. Will try and get some paint on them over the next week.

• 2 weeks later...

TITH I made a start on building my Ultramarines for the Horus Heresy. Started building the MKVI marines but only managed to build three as I’m ill. Primed them with macragge spray then used the airbrush to base coat them also with macragge blue. If I feel up to it might build another seven tomorrow. 

YITHI created a base with an insert for a magnet, sent the file to a slicer software and printed the result. I found the 3d modelling extremely difficult, having not tried using Blender before but it's a milestone for me to start a 3d printing project from start to finish. It's humble beginnings but I want bases that are more sturdy than GW's brittle flight stands.

Hopefully I will be making larger bases for my Fire Prisms and other Eldar tanks.

1668302383348.jpg

Today in the hobby I've been magnetising my War Walkers. It was slow going but I think that I have more of it done. I need one more Bright Lance. I think I should probably do the Starcannons as well. I used bar magnets for the first time today and they really keep their orientation better than I expected.

On 11/18/2022 at 4:45 PM, Warden-Paints said:

"New Year, New Army" 

I was thinking abut my 2023 army, but I still have not finished my 2020, 2021 and 2022 army's. :laugh:

TITH I finally did a complete army shot of my Great Crusade-era World Eaters. In Epic-speak this is probably nearly 10,000pts or so. I have a bit more to go, perhaps another Titan or two, some Knights, Artillery Company. I know this probably pales in comparison to some (I have seen larger volumes than this at 28mm and definitely with Epic!) but this is probably about three years of work on and off. 

WE_ArmyShot2_Nov22.webp

Today in the hobby I kit bashed CSM to upgrade a 7th ed CSM unit (20 men strong) into 2 10 men strong units for current cidex rules inc. A proxi for bale tome and another for great chain axe.

EDIT: And here is the result:

Edited by Bouargh
Progress report

• 2 weeks later...

TITHI put a layer of leadbelcher down on an Assault Marine. It ain’t much, but it’s honestly work—there’s something deeply satisfying about the underlying leadbelcher color going on to a Space Marine, even if it’s just helmet/weapons/cabling from primer. That first pop of color. Really builds things out. Even if I eventually acquire a full battle company for my Dawn Blades, I think I’ll keep expanding them—the feeling I get from the initial leadbelcher layer might just be worth it. 

Today in the Hobby, I will complete the re-painting of the first metal model I ever bough (year 1994): Space Wolf metal Scout Sergeant ref 70005/1.

This chap had been left apart since 1998 at least... And yet he managed to survive all this time, "behind the ennemy lines" (understood in the long time forgotten and dusty shoebox on top of the wardrobe), without supplies or any wolfpets. Never underestimate a scout´s willingness to survive against all odds. 

Wolf Scout Sergeants; Space Marine Scouts (solegends.com)

Edit: And here comes the survivor !!!:

image.thumb.jpeg.9b2865fe4207806d75e5eabf20fff46d.jpeg

As it is slightly bigger than the other scouts, I use him as a Wolf Guard attached to the squad.

Edited by Bouargh