Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Tithi am still waiting on any of the HH stuff I ordered, makes me a bit of a sad puppy. Also going back and forth with GW on what I consider casting errors and they see as not a problem. (Through my FLGS, so bugging them as well unfortunately). 

Today I fitted a magnet to my Spartan MkII marine and did the same to the Rhino one, and now I can have a Commander with the iPad thingy or a Gunner holding the pintle mounted weapon (Multi-Melta go FZZZZTT!) 

For the Spartan and Rhino, I glued a bit of sprue on the underside of the hatch, and added a corresponding magnet there. I also stuck a magnet in the hatch with the havoc launcher so i can swap that out too.

Today in the hobby I played a match with my Imperial Knights! I lost for less than 10 points but I loved the match.

7 hours ago, Chaeron said:

TITH (or just gone!), I played a narrative game of first edition 40k - fantastic fun!

Wow! How's it compared to 9th edition?

2 hours ago, Muskie said:

Today in the hobby I finally broke through some sort of mental barrier and started painting the first of the new (to me) plague marines.

Have always loved seeing your stuff over the years Muskie - great to see more of it!

16 minutes ago, Viridovix said:

Today in the hobby I played a match with my Imperial Knights! I lost for less than 10 points but I loved the match.

Wow! How's it compared to 9th edition?

It’s probably closest to Heresy now in terms of ruleset! You still have modifiers like in 9th, but I think it feels and plays like where 30k has progressed as a game. It’s still very fun - simple and fast, which is great!

These last few weeks in the hobby, I visited Phalanx 2022 (finally back after a COVID-enforced hiatus) and scored some scenary and models for Wargods along with some metal power armoured Grey Knights, six loose and kind of painted, and a five man box still sealed up! I also received my shipment of the Age of Darkness set and built one of the MkVI yesterday. Other than a slight hiccup with arms, I love the detail GW have put into them, albeit at the cost of flexibility in my eyes as it's a little harder to kitbash them compared to the BaC and BoP marines.

TITHI visited my local GW today and picked up a couple of paints to use on said-Grey Knights and also a copy of the Liber Astartes for Loyalists.

TITH I finally decided I’m done with 40k and ninth edition. Can’t be bothered with all the bookkeeping it entails so will just move on to the skirmish games like kill team and necromunda (I know there’s loads of books with that too but you have less models at least) I may dip my toe in Horus Heresy but for now I’m good with those two I listed and also blood bowl although we can’t talk about that here so that’s enough of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday in the hobby I got my shipment from Green Stuff World containing a drybrush, two texture rollers and some UV hardening resin. I had great fun messing about with the resin making it flow out of a pipe and into a puddle on the base of one of my miniatures and I rolled out a piece of steampunk-themed milliput. I can tell the bases for my Mechanicus army will get a lot more interesting going forward. :smile:

Today in the hobby I experimented with the new White Scars spray and Imperial Fist contrast.

Both looking pretty good, I’ve had a small detachment of Lamenters sat alongside my BA for ages waiting for paint, so the new contrast seemed ideal.

First impressions of Imperial Fist yellow are really good!