Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Since mid-December, I have been reorganising my "hobby" space(s). I dusted many figures and bits that had been gathering dust for weeks, months, even years ... I cleaned some in hot water with cleaning soap (not detrimental to painted figs). I reorganised them into boxes, trays, ... We bought 3 cupboards (PAX series at IKEA, 236x50x35cm) to have more storage room. I repaired several broken models, making good use of drills and metal rods. I added magnets here and there as well.

In the process I found 13 small Epic biovores which I decided to put into a plastic bag after cleaning them. Plastic bag which I managed to put somewhere that I don't remember ... which drives me crazy every time I look for it. I also found 3 bits (bodies for the corpse cart wraith) I had bought several years ago and put aside for "later", I did put them aside so well that I looked for them on more than a dozen occasions over the last 3-4 years without being able to find them ...

And I methodically glued together many parts I had left unattached to various figures, ranging from my newest Legions Imperialis stuff to my first Epic models (some of which are still untouched in their original blisters), Warhammer Battle and 40K, Warmaster, Battlefleet Gothic, ... Even if the progresses I made are small ones, I find them quite satisfying.

And, of course, I'm far from being done ... :biggrin:

Strictly speaking this was a couple of days ago but better late than never. The Chaplain for some reason I just found a bit frustrating to paint. Pretty poor, even by my low standards Still at least now all my Characters are done. 

20240203_184538.jpg

20240203_184525.jpg

20240203_184550.jpg

Gotta start the process somewhere, brother!  Great job putting paint to plastic, that in of itself is worthy of adulation.

Once you get a handle on thinning down yellow and white (both of which, in my opinion, are obnoxious to work with until you "Figure it out"), you'll find the spot where you're happiest!

Edited by DemonGSides

I think if I went to Imperial Fists I’d use a spray paint to get a nice even coat. Then I’d try a few washes to get some depth. My last marine army was in 5th though. :biggrin:

I agree with @DemonGSides that getting paint on (3 colors in my case) is itself a victory.

TITH I purchased the Leviathan box from element games. Been lurking on the site now and again for a few weeks and took the plunge. Last year I sold off everything I owned regarding the hobby except my blood bowl stuff. I had so much stuff that was just boxed up and needed a clean break so moved away from it until I could feel ready to come back. Well this morning was that day. I’m moving house in a few weeks so I’ll have a bit more room to build and paint when I get the time. 

TITH I finally got the notification that my Deathwing Assault box has shipped! So I celebrated by picking up a box of Bladeguard and the Lion while on my lunch break...

In my defence that's me got everything I need for my Deathwing project, and half of it has been drawn from the pile of potential.

TITH I bought for the first time a paint pot from the GW "dry" range.

And it was not planned, I just did it by error. My mistake. I even had time to rant for a while about paints that are delivered dried and damaged before realizing I was the one that pick wrongly the reference of dawnstone grey... 

No comment...:facepalm:

Edited by Bouargh

Last night in the hobby, I built the ripper swarm and 3/10 of the remaining termagants from Leviathan

Last week I finished off painting/basing and varnished the previous 10. At this rate I may actually paint up Leviathan this year!

I need to get more storage for painted models now though.

Today in the Hobby I, being in Hong Kong, watched the Superbowl in the morning with Discord friends, then that new Tracker TV show since we were already watching CBS, THEN I ran off to the Warhammer Store for a 3 vs 3 game of 40k to celebrate the Chinese New Year:

IMG_20240212_141148.jpg?ex=65dc6fe8&is=65c9fae8&hm=12cab5b5deea87a12bf27b1d970fa0078c57e1634d828ce4b463de6d62ec0662&

I used my Triple C'Tan Threat list, in which I have a Transcendent C'tan, the Nightbringer and the Deceiver.

In the post-game WhatsApp chat, we were giving each other a "gg", but one of them added: "你 3 C'tan 得罪人人。"

Translation: "Your 3 C'tan have sinned against all peoples."  I have indeed sinned against all peoples.  I never pretended to be a saint.

On 2/9/2024 at 6:53 AM, Magos Takatus said:

I just finished my Tankbustas, the models in question being DaBoom Skwad from Artel W for those curious.

image.thumb.jpeg.8b417e7a7077abbf87d6f9451c1948c8.jpeg

My fellow Magos Takatus...you pretty much convinced me to do an Orky homage to Team Fortress 2.

34 minutes ago, N1SB said:

My fellow Magos Takatus...you pretty much convinced me to do an Orky homage to Team Fortress 2.

You'll be happy to know they have this on their site... 3845637552.jpg

10 hours ago, Deus_Ex_Machina said:

@Magos Takatus:

Great vibrant colours on your orks. They seem to come right out of 2nd 40K.

That's certainly where the camo swatch I used came from. That camo came from Rogue Trader but it was a swatch in the 2nd ed Ork Codex that set me off. It does look a bit "red period" now that I look at the models. :laugh:

I painted two of my sixteen Firstborn Dreadnoughts. Considering in my entire life I had only painted one Dreadnought nearly twenty years ago I am personally quite pleased with result. 

20240216_224557.jpg

20240216_224615.jpg

20240216_224605.jpg

20240216_224638.jpg

20240216_224644.jpg

20240216_224654.jpg