Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

I finally got my DA starter force assembled and ready for basing.

IMG_20230508_192704708_HDR.thumb.jpg.5a541699e9ac067c83e9b12b1670781c.jpgIMG_20230508_192841163_HDR.thumb.jpg.191bd84495d2ab00333a33e525cc802d.jpg

IMG_20230508_192803794_HDR.jpg

Not shown: the Ravenwing, Deathwing, Land speeders, and Storm Speeder I also have also awaiting basing and priming.

I've been a bit busy.

Edited by BitsHammer

TTITH I vow to find that blasted portal that appears when you drop a bit of a model and it vanishes into the ether never to be seen again. In the name of the Emperor I will bring his holy vengeance down upon the corrupt crown of whatever dark and malevolent force is hording thirty odd years of my lost bits!

Just finished a truescale predator build only to accidently knock one of the sponson lascannon barrels off and sat waiting for the inevitable sound of it hitting something on it's journey to the floor only to be left waiting in silence.

I name thee Mislaidius, dark lord of gravity and unsteady accident prone hands.

I've been sloooowly working on dialing in a paint scheme for my Dark Angels. Lots of color testing and fiddling. I think I almost have it dialed in. Got some stuff to work on like making he silver brighter, painting the he eyes and working out that scheme. I am considering putting a design on the bolter, though if I do that here I probably won't try to recreate it on other weapon casings. Maybe.

-yntrlb.thumb.jpg.ab15189259dac2ecf5fff613156c4c9b.jpg

Still chipping away at dialing things in. Decided to do something different for the green using Loren Forest with the Caliban and I think it hits just right without giving a Christmas feel with the red.

Still haven't fully committed to putting checkers on the bolter but at the same time I kind of want to.

ct38nw.thumb.jpg.2fc5194863307ebbdd7398a2936f0e4f.jpg

ghv876.thumb.jpg.c86d8278f91b711276258ded181398e2.jpg

TITH after months of hunting I finally outsmarted the scalpers and found a FLGS selling the Kasrkin I have been wanting for so long to bulk out my fledgling guard/Inquisition force.

Foul mutants, heretics and xenos, foolish enemies of Him on holy Terra that would deny His light, all beware His righteous wrath for he sends the Kasrkin for you!

TITH I am getting the base colours down on my Brutalis. This one was a bit of a pig to put together as it was part of the batch from Agastus that were slightly deformed. I have used a lot of sub-assemblies as I think it would be hard to get under all the armour plates for painting otherwise.

ubmOO-Q6Y5jhARoVLShE5qLojMnwY2f0-OO7Li8MGCBiFacKZrW4kvGd__YLrtiYA25oE33cTvd36YVEMUgz2TsiKMcLWJVwE0_GxZ0YuAVcO02UXNI-mpu5h80mWoWGGTiQ15NoTr3oGkl6SwXE3RDlZZvmIeLdsgzr9Rme8FWDbocQnbKUp-VM7pJRuk_YGXCpqQtyqQTSk6S2UpAqYgULHZHW6KiO6ZRVIm1lwnrufEJzwEzJLKaHaoLRxBLbAWcxlq4LOVorph1bghD69abF0aVlY8gAqqhwoe874NrB7LOVC3vrYEWcJ5SVsn-H_VSqemaQDc9tJ4aHD0i6zBFuq1gA-ZhCpOMUGL1CrW6LeaOmivp0v1_x1AAJGFzyVjCtiY3xFmBy1xbh1pUk1xzTv3Dnm15eqU27_fbXtOIEiPjxCTlb0YJivxJzCulPiE40ofGns8PyspXkAizk6-YGmPYJKRGIN4AG6Vomc9akvgXLXB3ZcZvtC_fd4kRQiwp4wK_ewZLOYOUcmtORwjAGagXhBpUi7tq_4G8q2s0LHVSgmrSR7qvfdKOuvej4-PfE5O4k5gJP6-MU_iNREcSuXKz229Mft19Q1hYPjdOwTfY5odI_qvPJrC6mkdkLdz76DcMmDnIlB-Wt5-91pWcxWgt8NSZ6mXmcA8M2o9r8wW34AowvJ_5tPJ0gSgZm5JpseZHZw3927LC27ExuraOvFgkgjWEMD3V5UxbpHnbBvFFPKK5lNreqh1A7Y2i1BxKl_N0KqtgOBRfkr-83IJLxot6WOn8SZpdx-tNwvwhE31lXw5i5zZeAt_mHT8VdzgdX7LakPt98qu7e5B4d5kHTFp0KZiEXFXF4OTFov6C2mSjPKReb23a36904MuleINLsgjbXH0u3zv0fKyBFJAHH-UEI2pTZGg5sQsDcx41u6b31r1OIl5CCsEeNcHb8i3UzeDW-oFpu0hLW8plkbA=w1143-h937-s-no?authuser=0

• 2 weeks later...

TITH was my first time with static grass.

Not the best attempt in absolute (far from it in fact). :confused:

The overall final look is OK and gives a nice grass land aspect to the bases. A shame it was supposed to be a marshland with only limited areas covered...

Next time better may be?

In the mean time I will leave as it is - removing this is a pain. 

Today in the Hobby, I'm glad that this forum still exists. I never stopped posting significant updates on my armies here, but I spent far more hobby-time on reddit reading what other people were doing, than here. I just left Reddit and am glad that this place still exists. Thanks everybody for keeping it alive!

• 6 months later...

Today in the Hobby I built a Warhammer gaming table in a MMO, DC Universe Online.

MHDT0122_AUDIO-PC-15-17_50_550.thumb.jpg.f3f72cc9c6ea818f62f103663d898cc8.jpg

So it's got terrain, that's the Daily Bugle Planet building on the left, you see the miniatures that's like Sanguinius with his wings.  You see other miniatures in the middle, the 2 Flashes of Barry Allen and Wally West.  They're just primed gold for now, I'll use a red Contrast on them later, I learned from a Blood Angel player here on B&C red Contrast looks great on a gold basecoat.  Big circular dice tray in the corner.

In case you're looking at this and thinking, "There's nothing 40k about this, Imma PM a mod," please look in the bottom right corner.

That's CLEARLY the old Necron Monolith, Mr. Smartypants.  But yeah, even when I'm playing other games, I'm still playing Warhammer.

(My character is kneeling, and if you're wondering why he's bald, in this DC-based game he's the Dark Knight Returns version of Green Arrow.)

Today in the hobby:

I didn't notice my Tamiya extra thin glue applicator had garnered a giant blob of glue at the end of it. So I drowned half of my Legions Imperialis Solar Auxillia Sentinel in it. 

Oh well, the other half might make for good basing for a titan or something I suppose...

TitH I began assembling the new plastic scouts and dear Emperor on holy Terra they have been an unpleasant build. The legs are awful, the bits are dotted so badly over the sprues that I had to hire an Astropath to help me scan the great void in order to locate the parts and it's only two sprues. 

I eventually settled on a pattern of one scout from one sprue then the same from the other duplicate sprue set. I've got ten bodies and legs done but I'm going to have nightmares about the leg assembly. :laugh:

I think the rest should be ok to assemble.

The Heresy sprues are so much nicer to assemble with the parts clustered around each marine.

TITH I decided to go from mailbox to based in less than 24 hours, I received the three aggressors on Friday afternoon.  Friday night 7 pm I started assembling them and went to bed to let them set.  Saturday morning I woke at 6 am scraping mold lines.  Based with back paint by brush in the recesses then placed them in front of an electric heater to dry then based with black spray paint.  Back to the electric heater to set then based in recesses with brushed Mephiston red, back on the heater (it had been raining all night and day) and final base coat of spray paint Mephiston red.  Back on the heater to set then fine on the bases with PVC all done by lunchtime.  Total 19 hours.  Felt satisfying. 

IMG_8368.JPG

Edited by Ash
spelling

Today in the hobby, I decided to get off the Space Marine treadmill. Having them in my project backlog was causing too much stress, so I'm selling off my Primaris Marines. 

To be fair, I haven't really done anything with any of the boxes I bought, so they might as well go to someone who will use them.

I'll finish my few firstborn units, and that will be that.

I did two things. I applied a base coat by hand to my five captains, two chaplains, two librarians and four lieutenants (all Firstborn) and 15 Centurions. 

The second was to end a twenty year friendship that had got increasingly one sided, abusive and toxic, especially over the past couple of years. If he wants to be a real life Perturabo then he can screw off.

I'm not sure which of those sounds harder. In all seriousness though, shame as it is to end a relationship, life's too short for 'friendships' that aren't actual friendships.