Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today I have put the finishing touches to my Gravis Wolf Lord that I converted from Marneus Calgar. Big shout out of thanks to @Brother Captain Arkley who provided Marneus for me to desecrate convert. For the Wolf Time Brothers!

large.20230304_222244.jpg.dfff43b197e0ba

large.20230304_222213.jpg.0213a9ad470688

large.20230304_222223.jpg.95507dae550248

TITH I’ve managed to find a copy of Soulshackle online and bit the bullet. Looks like it was the last one on the online shop I ordered it from. Still searching for a Shadowvaults box in the wild but I  fear I’d have more chance of the Dodo being spotted in my back garden than finding a copy of it.

TITH I started painting gorkers (or morkers I do not know) from Gorkamorka starter kit I never built nor paint (of course you'll say) since they have been released... Lets go Trukker boyz!

Updated 29-03-23: Painted! took me the whole month but now they are done. You can see the result in my galleries...

Edited by Bouargh
Just realized I had these minis for 25 years... waiting in a box...

TITH I got some Desolators to see them in person and see if I could modify them. You can tell they were made at the beginning of 8th, the only saving grace I can honestly say they have is that the left hand is not attached to the weapon so it's like an old school space marine arm with the hand attached.

I did try and convert one but lost the will to carry on. It's an ugly cheap feeling basic kit that should have been left lost to time.

My day has been ruined, my disappointment is immeasurable. 

18 hours ago, Doghouse said:

My day has been ruined, my disappointment is immeasurable. 

"Remember that, when you felt you hit the bottom of the hole, you still can keep on digging deeper..."

Hang on mate. And stay strong. May be you can just save them getting if you ave enough spare bits to retool them as plain intercessors... Arms and weapon swap looks like the best option so far... And the back back with targettin array can be used on Servo-Turret, Hallblasters, sergeants with a HH or IF theme maybe.

Last night in the hobby... I made a start on my HH pile of shame and built a few MKVI marines.

4 down out of 60.

The general plan, shamelessly stolen from here somewhere (if i can ever find it again)

2x 20 tacticals

1x 10 plasma guns (to be used as the DA variant that I cannot remember the name of)

Then from the remaining 10 bodies: a couple of apothecaries and possibly a command squad and/or some variants.

With a character this should give a fairly solid base to build on with the rest of the HH box. If I can keep the motivation I also have Betrayal at Calth to add to it though will need to somehow address the size difference.

Bits boxes and other piles of shame have been raided to grab suitable MKVI/generic DA, RW apothecary bits etc already - being kept in reserve to be the 'shiny' models to keep me interested after doing more tacticals.

4 hours ago, lhg033 said:

1x 10 plasma guns (to be used as the DA variant that I cannot remember the name of)

Dreadwing interemptor squad?

For the heavy weapon option do to foresee plasma incinerator or missile launcher? If you plan any Heavies of course...

Yes though I think there is the option to just upgrade a tacical support squad to have the weapons that I was originally looking at(?). I do have some spare 40k plasma cannons and missile launchers, plus some MKIV missile launchers too so could borrow those for a dreadwing heavy weapon

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, sort of in the hobby, I primed a load of......

....plastic eggs for my daughter to decorate for a school competition then let her loose on my paints to do this.
I used it as a good excuse to teach her how to prime models properly, look after spray paints properly and then on "how to paint" (palette, thin coats etc). Overkill I know but she enjoyed it and she did rediscover some old models in the projects box so who knows, it might ignite an interest.

It has at least reminded me to get up and paint some stuff I'd primed read a while back. With the Lion inbound I could do with a bit of DA practice and to check the state of some of my older paints.

Today in the Hobby I have had quite an eventful day. I've got the 3d printing bug of late, printing new bases for my Aeldari Grav Tanks, giving some modular terrain some test prints and looking into providing storage tanks made from coke cans. Making the body of the tank litter also saves me spending hours printing storage tanks in plastic.

I have also started undercoating my next wave of jetbikes. I bought some more Scale 75 primer because I like it and because I feel I will need it soon. I have magnetised my Windrider's weapons so they will all need to be painted eventually.

I also received my ai generated poster today. I intend to use it to serve as the backdrop for my photographs in future to liven them up a bit. Now I just need to figure out the best way to stick it to a board.     

IMG_20230401_142356.jpg                       

Edited by Magos Takatus
Forgot to post the image I came here to post.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been working on Dark Angels for a whole now while waiting for paint to get back in stock. I have so much painting to do and honestly I'm okay with that since it's an army I haven't really touched since 3rd edition and kitbashing with the Primaris has been fun.

More kitbashing today. Not shown are the Techmarine, Ancient, and Apothecary I also built.

Also waiting on some MkIII shoulder pads I ordered for the right arms for everyone I'm building that doesn't have molded on shoulder pads.

-th0asu.jpg

-y34o6c.jpg

-a77mcw.jpg