Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the hobby I was able to take the time to take some photos of 5 minis I recently finished.

The minis have been painted up for the 3 year old son of my buddy who has developed an interest in the little plastic men me and my buddy play with.

The minis have been coated with multiple clear coats to make them as durable as possible.

Also shown in the other picture are the 5 tyranids my buddy painted up for his son as well (I am a little sceptical about how long they are going to last though because of their delicate nature).

My friend's son has been picking the colour scheme and decals and everything has been mostly painted up to his ideas. Myself being an EC player mainly could not say no to pink marines of course!:biggrin:

IMG_7709.JPG

IMG_7712.JPG

Edited by Maschinenpriester

I've been drilling holes in Mk III shoulder guards today to pock them with rust and insert microbeads for pustules. I want more "plain" pauldrons for my Death Guard (a few too many in the kit with whole daemon faces sticking out of them for my taste) and this is a great way of making them. Time consuming, but pretty fun. I really appreciate that the DG pauldrons are exactly the same size as the ones in the MK III kit.

TiTH my newly minted Kommandos (8 months painting, ugh) got into some Kill Team action against Genestealer Cultists.

Best game of KT21 I've had so far. The momentum swung two or three times in the game and it came down to the last dice roll. Cultists would've won if my nearly-dead Nob hadn't shrugged off a rifle butt as "Just a Scratch" before cutting the poor fella in two with his Klaw. We were both speechless for a couple of minutes after it finished.

221214_KT2.jpg?raw=1

Edited by NiceGuyAdi

• 2 weeks later...

Today in the Hobby, I am preparing for a "new year new army", going Adeptus Mechanicus. A huge leap as I have been mostly sticked to Space Marines only since 1999 ... 

Just completed cleaning of ArchMago on Abeyant from FW. This is my first step for this new journey. 

Good luck! Adeptus Mechanicus armies are a fiddly project to work on but the results are breathtaking when done well. I've seen a few armies on Instagram and they look fantastic. I hope you bring your enthusiasm over to the Admech Forum. It's a bit quiet there but there's some great people to chat with.

Thanks mate! TBH it was just fused in place by whoever super-glued it before! I had the tank missing one track in my bits box for some years, so it has finally had some use. I suppose it could have lost power and stuck like that when destroyed, or a rookie tank driver went to close to the bank and got stuck?!

Interesting stuff, which I read most of!

One thing I did pick up on was the idea of the UK being dependent on Russian gas. I don't think that's particularly accurate, or at least it shouldn't be. The UK has a lot of its own gas and I don't think we ever imported much from Russia. That said, the UK does use a lot of gas, making it dependent on the international gas price - and that has definitely been affected by the war. Right now though, that price has fallen to pre-war levels.

Also GW has a pretty significant solar array on its factory roof. They won't actually be paying much for electricity at all as a result. They'll get paid for excess energy on sunny days (which do happen!) to make up for when it's cloudly/night. So GW as a company is less impacted by changes in the energy market, as they generate it themselves.

Its possible @Mandragola although inflation will have made the cost of everything rise. Andthe energy prices rocketed up, but will parachute down now that the market prices have dropped. Although, I think the UK economy being in recession, and people just not having expendable income, will probably have more of an impact on GWs profits.

Today I took some photos of an Adeptus Titanicus-scaled Gargant (finally someone did one!)

Gargant1.jpg