Go to solution Solved by Brother-Chaplain Kage,

It's rumored the big E might have made a deal with the Ruinous Powers to help create the Primarchs, and then they kinda reneged on the deal.

To get this train back on track, I've got another little teaser for the 30k scout idea.

I decided to base it on a Kasrkin sergeant:

http://i.imgur.com/3KI9YD0.jpg

Here's the figure prior to some serious amputations and other surgery:

http://i.imgur.com/LqbNcdh.jpg

You can see the start of a bolter carbine variant on his hip.

Initially, I wanted to keep at least one of the original arms if I could. A while back I started collecting stuff for a Vostroyan IG army, and I bought some normal Cadians to convert into vets, and a plastic heavy weapons box for more weapon options, so my resources for extra arms and other bits was a lot more limited than it would have been for a marine in power armor. As it turned out, I decided the right arm had to go as well.

The idea for this scout is that he's a forward observer or artillery spotter, and I wanted him to have something to show that he's using the laser spotter on his back to lock in targets, like a little remote, or a tablet, or something. I found something nice in the heavy weapon box. There's a little more work on the bolter carbine and the beginnings of shaving down the detail from the Kasrkin chest plate:

http://i.imgur.com/gBa7eHn.jpg

I'm stealing that bolter carbine idea for my future scout squad. How are you going to make him look astartes though? He still looks a lot like imperial army (even if a heck of a lot more hi tech and awesome)

-The Boater

The bolter carbine started life as the bolt pistol from the FW Marine Character Conversion Set. No lie. That pistol is HUGE.

He'll begin to look more astartes as more of the conversion is revealed.

I like that helmet on him a lot it fits the look.  Is it from the IG heavy weapon kit as well?  I've only bought the Cadian Command box for bits and no other guard boxes ever.  

The helm is from the Manticore pilot/driver.

I'm stealing that bolter carbine idea for my future scout squad. How are you going to make him look astartes though? He still looks a lot like imperial army (even if a heck of a lot more hi tech and awesome)

-The Boater

The bolter carbine started life as the bolt pistol from the FW Marine Character Conversion Set. No lie. That pistol is HUGE.

He'll begin to look more astartes as more of the conversion is revealed.

>>I like that helmet on him a lot it fits the look.  Is it from the IG heavy weapon kit as well?  I've only bought the Cadian Command box for bits and no other guard boxes ever.  

The helm is from the Manticore pilot/driver.

I had to look up that kit, I don't even know what the IG vehicles are called besides the Valkyrie and that's only because my daughter shares the same name as that particular flyer.

The bolt pistol conversion is sweet.  That FW Command Conversion Kit is pure gold.  I need to order one soon, I love the bionic arms in there and I'm all out of them. 

Edited by mikhail

I had to look up that kit, I don't even know what the IG vehicles are called besides the Valkyrie and that's only because my daughter shares the same name as that particular flyer.

Your daughter's name is Valkyrie?

The bolt pistol conversion is sweet.  That FW Command Conversion Kit is pure gold.  I need to order one soon, I love the bionic arms in there and I'm all out of them. 

It gets changed up a little bit. I decide to go with a different barrel at a later point, and yeah, the conversion kit is pretty nice but the size of those bolt pistols really puzzles me.

That big? Damn. I've ordered that set and thought that the bolt pistols would be usable :(

Your daughter's name is Valkyrie?

>The bolt pistol conversion is sweet.  That FW Command Conversion Kit is pure gold.  I need to order one soon, I love the bionic arms in there and I'm all out of them. 

It gets changed up a little bit. I decide to go with a different barrel at a later point, and yeah, the conversion kit is pretty nice but the size of those bolt pistols really puzzles me.

Yes, my daughter's name is Valkyrie and she refuses to answer to Val or any other nick name.  She's 8 years old and named for the Norse "Choosers of the Slain," not the GW flyer and she knows it.  She also commands an amazing level of respect at the local gaming club as well.

I can't wait to see where the conversion is headed with the Kasrkin model, although I have a pretty good idea already.:wink: 

(Yes that conspiratorial wink emoticon is just to annoy you Jasp.):whistling:

Edited by mikhail