Jolemai

I actually really like the Bullgryns.The Fallout looking power fists are pretty neat to me.

Excuse me?They look like this to you?http://nma-fallout.com/fallout2/items/images/energy/MPWRFIST.gif

We've heard nothing about them, but without new models they may as well be

There's still DKoK Death Riders.If you got the cash for it at least.Or maybe convert some WHFB miniatures...

you mean like the RR that I mounted on that ogre kingdoms special character's hunting cats?

I think they'll fit in well most places, depending on the scheme of course. I'm thinking of having mine with camouflaged fatigues and plain green armour. That should have them stand out sufficiently from the normal troopers but still fit the uniform theme of the army :)

Hold the phone here.

I was just looking over the leaks again and noticed this: "5 of them come in at the same cost as a 5 man marine tac squad, additional models are 1 Eldar Ranger each". Now, I don't know how much Eldar Rangers cost because I don't have that codex, but 5 tactical marines cost 5 points MORE than 5 storm troopers in the current Imperial Guard codex.

This is rather disappointing. I was never one of those who raged against the cost of storm troopers, I thought they were expensive, but they worked and I had no problem with them. It seems to me that they are starting to get rather steep in price with a price bump rather than reduction.

I'm not sure, but I don't think Eldar Rangers are that expensive. The initial cost could be including the Sergeant for all we know, and this is still the rumour stage so this could well all be bunk!

If nothing else, have faith that GW wants us to buy lots of Scion kits :P

I'm sure it does include a sergeant, but so does the current storm trooper entry that is 5 pts cheaper.

My interest in this is mostly academic, however: I can always just bring my DKoK grenadiers and have some of them dressed as Scions wink.png

And no matter what they'll make excellent Inquisitorial Acolytes in carapace. Don't necessarily need the hotshot lasguns. Meltaguns are probably more cost-effective anyway. biggrin.png

I'm not sure, but I don't think Eldar Rangers are that expensive. The initial cost could be including the Sergeant for all we know, and this is still the rumour stage so this could well all be bunk!

If nothing else, have faith that GW wants us to buy lots of Scion kits :P

Gw wants us to buy the dumbtruck but the rules for that are just plain bad. Av 11/10/10 is bolter bait. Basically everything but our lasguns can kill this thing. Take away 2 from capacity and give it a autocannon for a whole melta bomb less in price. Weapon options are meh. And ugly model on top of it. No thanks.

Quick question, since I am new here... Why all the coding on model points cost? Is there some legal problem with us saying "I00 points" instead of "three scout sentinels minus a sniperrifle"?

(Please note that i didnt actually use the letter 1... No need to send black silenced helicopters with mystery men to my home!)  =)

The rules are, don't post direct point costs or copy paste entire sets of rules. Basically it is to make it so you can't simply play the rules without purchase. If we did that, and the B+C mods let us, the B+C would end up getting a rather unpleasant notice from GW legal.

Some people try to get around the direct point cost rule, by "they cost a marine / land raider", but most of the time it will be a ball park "just more than a land raider" etc.

Talking about rumours is fine, as they aren't official (or often even true) and you can talk about points a little within a reasonable context but if you start listing things or posting up pictures from books etc then that is crossing the line by quite a margin. It's to protect the B&C as much as GW's copyright as once the Eye of Sauron comes that's very bad news.

It won't be a helicopter that comes for you though, the last thing you'd see would be the silhouette of a peak capped figured muttering something about heresy laugh.pngmsn-wink.gif With that in mind, let's focus on the topic and rumours within. Or rumours that we're still waiting for as the case may be..!

I'm starting to wonder if the rumoured 5th kit (the "large tank") is true at this stage, which as a devout treadhead is making me sad sad.png

Well after reading the rules printed in WD I must say im disappointed. Ill break it down.

Pros.

Move through cover standard.

Platoon structure.

Cheaper. 10 model unit is the price of a drop pod cheaper.

deep strike stayes.

Cons.

Loses special operations.

Loses uber grit.

Only sgt has grenades.

Sgt loses lots of options.

Stupid rename. :)

Thanks.

I actually looked it up so I see now. They actually had hotshot las pistols and a CCW. I remember fondly the time I stunned an Eldar opponent by having my stormies sling their rifles, shoot with pistols, then charge into HTH.

I'm a bit underwhelmed as well it at least they had a nice price decrease. My DKoK grenadiers are still cheaper though. They can't deep strike but they all have frag and krak grenades and WS4 on the other hand.

Bit underwhelmed =/= nerd rage by the way or thinking they suck/are garbage. On the whole I think I'll miss special operations and the " uber grit" but they're still more than useable IMO.

Archived