Jolemai

There was that old female Commissar that GW made as a limited edition way back when. There are some good third party ones.

I hope the rumor of the multi-part stormtroopers was real. I love my Kasrkin, but at the same time I want some options of the old style for my vets.

Screw the female guardsman idea.....

What we *really* need is female commissars biggrin.png

Yes please, both. But never mind about the bread... or in this case the Aquilatron/Aquilinator. =)

As for storm troopers I am hoping for a updated set with the old estetics, that would be awesome. And convertion options for carapace veterans... somehow!^^

Via bols.

Week 1: three kits:

- Ogryns/Bullgryns plastic combo-kit (one unit with ranged weapons, the other with giant shields and close combat weapons)

- Stormtroopers/Veterans combo-kit

- Unseen "Big transport" kit.

This new vehicle is said to be able to move entire squads of Ogryns and other stuff (so apparently more transport space than the Chimera). This kit is said to be roughly Land Raider sized. Previous "big tank" chatter over a month ago has also described it as being influenced by the Forgeworld Malcador's design.

Well spotted! And very exciting stuff as well! *Hands a medal to Cypher*

The Ogryn/Bullgryns I find VERY interesting. I presume the gun ones are our good old ripper gun ogryns. Maybe they can get a special weapon? A huge autogun thing on a ogryn with ammo belts wrapped around him. Like Harkar only cooler! Would love that.
But then shields... shields? As in a semblence of a save of sort... Like... almost meaningful useful ogryns? Tis must be a lie! XD Though seriously awesome if it is true. Paint them up as riot police and you are golden^^
I would love to see a more unique look to them, perhaps a little of the mongolian from fantasy. At least for me the current ones are just... bland. Big guys, tis all.

The big transport... Not much of a threadhead, but could be cool.

And stormies!^^

I'm very interested in a squad or two of storm troopers, but divided on the Ogryns: I've wanted to see new models of them for so long but had decided to convert some WHFB Ogres, which would fit my army's theme better anyway...

And then they go and (it's rumoured) give us a new kit.

Perhaps I have to buy both and kitbash. :D

But not before buying a new tank.

Must keep my fellow mod happy ;)

Yeah, we keep hearing about that tank. It definitely does make the FW Malcador spring to mind, but I do wonder about the merits of this. Will it be an assault vehicle? Otherwise perhaps of dubious use. I'm assuming this is the "part and parcel" plan of GW - new Ogryns that are likely costed "nicely" to encourage purchasing and then a nice shiny transport for you to put them in to get the best out of them in game..?

Keep your infiltrators out there comrades and report back whatever you find! Especially anything about tanks tongue.png

Screw the female guardsman idea.....

ermm.gif Poor choice of words.

As for the transport, the Aquilatron transports a Primaris Psyker, Commissar, and Command Squad; might be that Games Workshop liked my idea.

Actually I could see the Guard getting a transport designed to carry a large number of Guardsmen, perhaps several units worth, with a focus on allowing the transported units to fire, perhaps something along the lines of a mobile multi-part building, although open topped would work too.

That's the one, the transport Malcador :P

Having said this, wouldn't such a vehicle tread on FW's toes a little too much? I don't think GW wants to raid the FW draw any more.

We're getting close now, I can almost smell the promethium...

Can't argue with that hendrik laugh.png That said presumably the Gorgon/Malcador vehicle is more of a super-heavy right? That's going to count for a lot.

I'm increasing the bounty on the first pictures of the new Guard stuff: not only will I give you a like I'll also write some nice things about you tongue.png

I wouldn't be able to replace my chimeras. The little hate boxes have been serving me too well for so long for me to replace it with a single large transport. Unless it had invincible behemoth, it's just too many eggs in one basket. (I fight waaaay too much Tau)

Second, what could this transport have in terms of weapons that couldn't be covered by a Leman Russ? Unless it's got some sort of awesome weapons, I just can't see why I would take it other than it being new and cool looking. Guard just has so many ways of transporting our guys already. If this thing is -just- a means to transport a large squad of Ogryns and then let them assault, eeeeh.... anyway, I hope that whatever it is, it is as awesome as a Knight.

what's wrong with our chimeras for getting your troops across the board? if none of them make it you're simply not bringing enough of them!!

Storm Chimeras are reserved for Storm Grenadiers only and then only for major offensives.  Otherwise the Death Korps infantry only need boots for their transportation! 

I have to agree that I would prefer to use many Chimeras rather than one large basket/bullet magnet.

Plus one large transport can only go in one direction: your intentions are clear and focused. Many Chimeras: put pressure on all across the battlefront, seize multiple objectives simultaneously...

Plus I've already started building up my Chimera motor pool.

However, if the kit follows recent trends and is a double-build...then what is the other option? Non-transport?

I have to agree that I would prefer to use many Chimeras rather than one large basket/bullet magnet.

Plus one large transport can only go in one direction: your intentions are clear and focused. Many Chimeras: put pressure on all across the battlefront, seize multiple objectives simultaneously...

Plus I've already started building up my Chimera motor pool.

However, if the kit follows recent trends and is a double-build...then what is the other option? Non-transport?

THAT'S IT!  A transport that carries two units and can split off from each other mid game!  Just like in second edition how Guard squads could split their heavy weapon and loader off from the unit to provide covering fire.

The Crassus is fast - with Overdrive Special Ability. I can't remember but I think it moves 12" + 12". But I don't think it's an Assault Vehicle.

The Gorgon is Open Top - therefore an Assault Vehicle, but units cannot shoot out of it. It also has a 5++ from the front.

the crassus is fast indeed. instead of the usual 6" max every turn (like all the other superheavies have) it can move at cruising speed (so only 1 x 12"). the transport crassus costs as much as a landraider while the gorgon costs almost the same as 7 chimeras!

what's wrong with our chimeras for getting your troops across the board? if none of them make it you're simply not bringing enough of them!!

The only thing "wrong" with chimeras is they're not assault vehicles. Which, if this new this is an assault vehicke, would be the main benefit I suppose.

I can't see a time when I would ever use a Chimera as an assault vehicle...Or a reason to.

Death Korps would adore making the Storm Chimera an assault vehicle. That WS4 does truly make all the difference and the sight of Assault Marines losing combat to mere Guardsmen is a disheartening sight for many of my foes.

As for plain ol' Guard, a six pack of Ogryns could benefit as something of a rapid response unit. Hear me out on this.

Since I went to Games Day and bought the Renegade Ogryn with the Krieg victim (while pointing, "awesomeness, please" and they knew exactly which model I meant) I bought four more Ogryns when I got home as an excuse to use the model. I try to run them as often as I run Guard that are not sporting trench coats and gas masks and while I find them expensive (210 for the unit sad.png), they are nowhere near as bad as people make them out to be as the higher toughness and load of wounds and attacks makes them a great counter assault unit to bail out a combat you need either ended sooner than later (as you are winning through weight of numbers or lucky dice) or a combat that needs to drag on another turn or two. They also can slow a smaller flanking force, buying you time. What makes them viable, despite their high cost, is the relative cheapness of the rest of the units in a primarily infantry army, giving you the ability to make them your "splurge unit" without compromising your overall list. Also that event Ogryn tends to distract opponents because of how cool it is and they keep looking at him while you sneak (well brazenly march right across the open) on to objectives.

The above is merely my own observations in games; your results may vary. Prior performance does not guarantee future results. Void where prohibited, not available in WI (nothing seems to be anyway).

Archived