Jolemai

If you got a few SM bike wheels (its possible that you would need four, two either side on the front due to the large tracks) and maybe a few edges from a plastic spruce then you could make a half track.

Think I might give it a go. If it can carry 20 dudes then thats where I'll be putting my conscripts for a little 'supprise' for my oppenent.

Considering I have a snow themed paint scheme, the tracks are perfect for me especially since as it was pointed out that it looks like an armored snow groomer.  While I doubt it will be a while before I get one as my Krieg need more infantry first and I just played a 2,500 point game with a proxied Night Lord Legion with Cruze at the lead and now love 30K more than 40K, I do plan to add at least one, more if regular Guardsmen can take it.  So the order of purchases will be Krieg, 30K, Knight, IG snow groomer.

I'm prepared to reserve judgement on the Taurox until I've seen more angles and a better pic. But my first impression is that it looks good except for the tracks which are too small and make it look silly. With better tracks it could be improved greatly -- depending on its size, maybe mashing it together with a Chimera kit would do the trick?

I REALLY like what I see of the scions, and I think the speculation that this Militarum Tempestus codex will be a storm trooper/commissar codex makes sense. The only think I really don't like about these mini 'dexes is that Forgeworld are being kind of unfair towards Kreig with how the allies rules for Kreig are worded in IA12 and so far my inquiries from FW have been the lines of RAW so too bad (i.e. any new codex is Come the Apocalypse since aside from a few enumerated codices, everything is "Come the Apocalypse" for Krieg).

That said, my Kriegers just don't look right allied-in with my Blood Angels whereas I think these guys (from what I can tell from the poor quality photos) would look great with them so, third fourth army here I come!!

EDIT: Edited to correct the last sentence ... how could I forget my fledgeling Adepta Sororitas detachment? Also, while I'm in here editing, a Storm Trooper codex might allow me to recreate my old sister-less Witch hunter army that I had planned.

I feel that Arbites fans are going to be happy with this bastardized MRAP and the supposed riot shield Ogryns.

I would enjoy that Taurox if it had big wheels instead of tracks too. Whoever had that groomer idea was right on, I feel that this thing looks like one of the Scandanavian countries thingies. You know, the one that has big skis on the front, tracks on the back, holds guys and gear, and has a tow rope in the back for ski troops to hold onto...

Agreed Nico, that's a much better picture. I can see it looking better in Catachan Green, but those tracks will need something doing to them. I'm starting to quite like the idea of a half-track so I'll have to see how it turns out when I get to poke it in person.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the other kits are :)

It was mentioned on another forum that the scion officer out front could be a clam pack model (akin to the SM Librarian).

Looking closer I see he's wearing a black overcoat, open as is de rigeur with officers ;)...I'm wondering if it might be a commissar/Scion officer double-build?

Is he holding a (very nice) dagger in his right hand or is that just on his belt?

The more I look at those scions the more I like them. So much so that I am now thinking of using those models (with head swaps and some conversions to beef up their leg armour) to represent some sort of elite power-armoured Inquisitorial bodyguard for my Inquisitor using Sisters of Battle rules.

Aside from my own uses I really like the berets harkening back to the original Storm Troopers along with the more gothic look to their armour (also rather retro). I won't complain if they did a new generic guard armour with that sort of aesthetic throughout (my bank account might complain, though).

From what I can tell from the small image the Scions pack should come with a helmeted variant too, so you might not need to head swap.

Hard to say, but since they're being advertised as a combo kit in the WD picture, this is likely.

Inwhich case it will just be a case of bulking up armour a bit to make them WYSIWYG compliant as power armoured troops. They seem even more heavily armoured on the top half of their bodies than Kasrkin, so it will just be legs that need work and maybe the addition of a power armour backpack (although I notice inquisitors don't have these so I guess they're not strictly necessary to power armour?).

I'm certain that others have already shared a similar point of view; but I have to say that that I think the Taurox looks awful. I hope it's one that grows on you, but I worry it might not. The scions looks interesting although current picture scales make it hard for me to want to judge too strongly.

Not use the beret heads? Are you mad? tongue.png Nothing demonstrates how tough Guardsmen are better than going into the deadly battlefields of the 41st Millennium with just a bit of cloth on your head to protect it!

Oh, don't worry, I'm all in favour of the berets -- as storm troopers. But for a more Inquisitorial/Ecclesiarchial feel, I think helmets would be more apropos (they'd have to be the right helmets, though).

I could use the Taurox in my Ork Army, would make a great Battlewagon.

I'm really looking forward to the Hydra kit, It would be nice to have some AA and if the mounting bracket is the same as the majority of turret mounts that GW is prone to use, then I'll be able to attach it to my home made gun platforms.

I actually really like the new Ogryn models, just only if they're built as traditional Ogryn. The up armored version...meh. Too much of an indecisive mixture of body armor and scarped together junk to look good to me. If the price is even close to reasonable, I may finally have to get some Ogryn for my Cadians.

Archived