Jolemai

Yeah it's the bent barrels not price that's holding me back in hopes that GW does a plastic Hydra kit with the new codex.

Good news for you; those bent barrels are a really easy fix! Simply turn on the tap until the hot water is almost too hot for you to put your hands under and then hold the bent resin under the flow, very (and I mean very) gently bending it into shape. I find blowing on it while it is held in the proper shape helps as it cools it, thereby helping to keep it from curling again, and removes some of the excess water. You may need to do this a couple of times to get it perfectly straight, but it works like a charm. Case in point, when I got Culln, his sword looked like a curly fry. With the aforementioned method, it is now perfect.

In response to plastic Krieg I say NO!!! I say this not because I want to keep them rare; far from it, I would love to see them sold in every store so every player would have a regiment of Krieg armies slaughtering the xenos and heretics under scathing volleys of lasgun fire, vicious bayonet charges, and the never ending rain of artillery (think of Apocalypse games with four or five Krieg players on one side woot.gif). I say it because there is no way a plastic Krieg model will look good next to a resin one; they will be larger and will almost certainly have a slightly different look to them. Now if GW were to take the Forgeworld models and release them as Finecast as part of the standard range, that would be another story that would be wonderful for my army and terrifying to my wallet (which I will probably have to hawk to buy more Krieg).

Yeah it's the bent barrels not price that's holding me back in hopes that GW does a plastic Hydra kit with the new codex.

Good news for you; those bent barrels are a really easy fix!  Simply turn on the tap until the hot water is almost too hot for you to put your hands under and then hold the bent resin under the flow, very (and I mean very) gently bending it into shape.  I find blowing on it while it is held in the proper shape helps as it cools it, thereby helping to keep it from curling again, and removes some of the excess water.  You may need to do this a couple of times to get it perfectly straight, but it works like a charm.  Case in point, when I got Culln, his sword looked like a curly fry.  With the aforementioned method, it is now perfect.

In response to plastic Krieg I say NO!!!  I say this not because I want to keep them rare; far from it, I would love to see them sold in every store so every player would have a regiment of Krieg armies slaughtering the xenos and heretics under scathing volleys of lasgun fire, vicious bayonet charges, and the never ending rain of artillery (think of Apocalypse games with four or five Krieg players on one side :woot:).  I say it because there is no way a plastic Krieg model will look good next to a resin one; they will be larger and will almost certainly have a slightly different look to them.  Now if GW were to take the Forgeworld models and release them as Finecast as part of the standard range, that would be another story that would be wonderful for my army and terrifying to my wallet (which I will probably have to hawk to buy more Krieg). 

I agree that the plastic would never look as good, but it was just say to make just the basic guardsmen plastic so it's cheaper to play into the army. I mean the basic squads cost what? $60 usd? Unless you get them from alternative sources...

Good news for you; those bent barrels are a really easy fix! Simply turn on the tap until the hot water is almost too hot for you to put your hands under and then hold the bent resin under the flow, very (and I mean very) gently bending it into shape. I find blowing on it while it is held in the proper shape helps as it cools it, thereby helping to keep it from curling again, and removes some of the excess water. You may need to do this a couple of times to get it perfectly straight, but it works like a charm. Case in point, when I got Culln, his sword looked like a curly fry. With the aforementioned method, it is now perfect.

In response to plastic Krieg I say NO!!! I say this not because I want to keep them rare; far from it, I would love to see them sold in every store so every player would have a regiment of Krieg armies slaughtering the xenos and heretics under scathing volleys of lasgun fire, vicious bayonet charges, and the never ending rain of artillery (think of Apocalypse games with four or five Krieg players on one side woot.gif). I say it because there is no way a plastic Krieg model will look good next to a resin one; they will be larger and will almost certainly have a slightly different look to them. Now if GW were to take the Forgeworld models and release them as Finecast as part of the standard range, that would be another story that would be wonderful for my army and terrifying to my wallet (which I will probably have to hawk to buy more Krieg).

I agree that the plastic would never look as good, but it was just say to make just the basic guardsmen plastic so it's cheaper to play into the army. I mean the basic squads cost what? $60 usd? Unless you get them from alternative sources...

The regular Krieg guys would be the worst offenders actually, what with their thin limbs and greatcoats plus the fiddly details of the gas mask. I would rather keep spending that on the Forgeworld ones so the platoons I do have match their new recruits. See, while there are loads of people who want a Krieg army, there are actually a great number of us who actually already own one and mismatched basic infantry would send out howls of rage the likes of which have not been seen since a biker army of space dwarves was dropped. When I started the army I dropped several hundred dollars on my initial 1,200 points and while the bill was a bit of an eye popper at the time, I had set aside the money for some time and knew it was coming. Now I consider it money well spent as they are easily my nicest looking army, one that has actually brought several new people into the game thanks to their magnificence and now ,years later, the financial pain is entirely forgotten, especially in light of looking at ordering more if I can get a few others in to reach the free shipping.

If anything, just having the current models in GW and independent stores would vastly increase the number of players while pleasing everyone (well, everyone who can be pleased). Why? Simple, having the models on a shelf means that you will get people making impulse buys. Folks will see the unit in their store and mull it over while playing and eventually figure they can treat themselves to one Krieg unit. Later on they figure why not add a little more to run them as allies in their own right. Over time the allied Krieg expands and several people figure they can make the plunge into a full army. Even with the high price tag, the power of seeing it on the shelf will push sales and expand the number of Krieg armies. With increased sales will also increase the opportunity for purchasing used models from those with regret and that will help to see the Krieg armies grow. Existing Krieg armies will also balloon as we're already die hard lunatics and easy access would only further encourage us.

I can't imagine GW would take away Krieg from FW. Just seems like a bad investment to switch them over to plastic or even offer a unit or two and have that compete with money FW could be getting. Honestly since FW seems to also be in the aesthetics department the best bet for regiments other than Cadian and Catachan would be them. It's always been GW makes the mainline stuff while FW can expand on extras.

I just hope the Ogyrn and Roughrider rumors were true. I'd love to see these guys fielded more.

There is no way, I hope, GW would make any of the Forge World armies. GW thinks money after all, and they already get more if forgeworld does it =P

As for other regiments you are probably right Idlem that it is a hopeless dream... Thus I want it all the more!

But on a serious note I am confident we will see a Stormies/something kit, a Ogryn/something kit and some new big thingy. Maybe a new flyer as well? Could happen.

Hopefully we might get some rough riders/something and missing artillery as well... but who knows O.o

I just realized what I really want however after looking through my Only War book earlier... female guard conversion kit! Not something stupid and busty mind you. No big breasted flak armour. Just slimmer legs and arms+different heads. Would look really nice... alas... *Pray feverently at my Forgeworld shrine of glory*

Female Guardsmen would be fantastic. Granted they'd need to sell female only kits for me to properly redress the imbalance but it would be great :P It's hard to imagine, but then the new Dark Eldar kits do include some gender variety so you never know... I wouldn't hold your breath though.

Well, a five guardswoman pack perhaps? Hex, even a snapfit would be great^^ And mixed into normal Cadian kit would be even better. Of course, I do agree it will not happen....

But just for that very reason I shall believe it will happen until proven otherwise!^^

I've got a side project on modelling a female Guard trooper. It's mostly just a stature thing, the main issue is getting decent female heads but there are 3rd party options out there. I was looking at using DE heads but it's fallen by the wayside as I have more pressing projects to complete. I'd be more than happy if GW were to invalidate my work!

Speaking of rumours, we've got some real ones now. As real as rumours can get anyway:

Imperial Guard will take up a 3 week release slot.
- Week one is up for preorder with the March 22nd White Dwarf.
- Breakdown is as follows:

Week 1: 3 kits, including the Ogryns plastic combo-kit and 2 others.
Week 2: Codex
Week 3: 2 kits

A release over several weeks seems odd, even more so with the codex not coming first. It would be a marked change in how GW does releases if true but perhaps ties in to the new weekly WD? As always a good rumour sounds plausible...

So if this is the number of new kits then does that mean no new armies? A new army type would take 3 kits - infantry, heavy weapon and command so it seems unlikely given how GW wants to sell new toys to everyone. I suppose it would be easy for them to release such a trio at any time, were they ever inclined to do so.

Well, it wasn't very realistic with new armies was it, sadly =P But yes, it does follow the new pattern we saw with dwarves. Some kits, the codex and perhaps a battleforce/thingy, some more kits. I am just hoping the kits don't mean only special character blisters etc... I at least don't want more of those =P

I'd imagine if we get some kind of new regiment it would be with a supplement to be honest. But we'll see.

Either way it is good to see stuff will be here soon!^^

Speaking of rumours, we've got some real ones now. As real as rumours can get anyway:

Imperial Guard will take up a 3 week release slot.

- Week one is up for preorder with the March 22nd White Dwarf.

- Breakdown is as follows:

Week 1: 3 kits, including the Ogryns plastic combo-kit and 2 others.

Week 2: Codex

Week 3: 2 kits

A release over several weeks seems odd, even more so with the codex not coming first. It would be a marked change in how GW does releases if true but perhaps ties in to the new weekly WD? As always a good rumour sounds plausible...

So if this is the number of new kits then does that mean no new armies? A new army type would take 3 kits - infantry, heavy weapon and command so it seems unlikely given how GW wants to sell new toys to everyone. I suppose it would be easy for them to release such a trio at any time, were they ever inclined to do so.

Well thats how they are doing it with the Knights, model first then the codex then possibly more models, so this new rumour seems to fit in with the current approach.

Either way, I want my Steel Legion Throne-dammit!

For the Knights is that more than just supposition? They could easily do so, but what units does the Knight codex have in? I've not really followed it properly, as I've no plans of getting a Knights army.

The Knight did get rules in the WD though, but maybe this is GW's CHS case paranoia extending to new lengths? :P

WarriorFish, on 06 Mar 2014 - 06:38, said:

(my speculation)

First week, a few units with the rules for those units in the WD.

Second week codex. WD gets a battle report and Paint Splatter featuring IG

Third week, repackaged battle box and basic models.

I can see that happening. Look at what they just did with the Knights

[edit]

I should have read the whole thread first.

Yeah, looks that might be the case. Interesting way of doing things, not yet sure if I agree totally. Presumably if the 3 first kits also have WD rules does this mean they are part of the rumoured "Imperial Guard allies" bit - the Auxillia? If you aren't aware that was the Ogryns, Stormies and "Commissar Squads" (a weird idea, but I'm game if it means plastic Commissars).

Why people would want to ally those units in to another army is a different question though... Wait and see comrades! I put out a bounty of one like for the first to post proper pictures of the new models laugh.png

I doubt the whole new Auxillia thing very much. Someone probably missed the whole knight thing or somesuch. (Which isn't more of a codex then codex Inquisition it seems... Like a mini codex?)

Anyway, I am fairly certain we can see them following the dwarf line of things. Some units (WD rules for new one), then codex, then another unit or two (with more rules for new things). I am fairly certain week three will be more then just some repacking, though I am sure they will do that as well. Very exciting this, even as I have gone all drop trooper XD (But fix stormies so mine can be fixed too!)

Edit: And I don't think knights will get any new models next weekend. It is Chaos and Crimson Slaughterer rantfest time^^

I agree, I both doubt it and don't think it should happen but as mentioned previously we're in a time of change so it's hard to know what GW is scheming. I've decided my list of hopes in order of probability (personal opinion/guesstimation):

- Griffon/artillery pieces

- Plastic Stormies

- Rough Riders

- New Catachan models

- New non-Cadian models

-

-

-

-

-

- Aquilatron

-

-

-

- Female Guard models

So, did I miss anything? tongue.png

I've got the old school SAS style Stormies, but they languish in repainting limbo currently. A nice points drop would be the motivation I need to finish them.

Jokes aside I do reckon that's the most likely releases, though obviously I can't include new units as only GW knows what they might be. Could be the Aquilatron for all we know! tongue.png

Wait... guys, I have an awesome Imperial Knight conversion idea... laugh.png

Archived