Jolemai

More orders would be cool as well. Something to off set play style. Orders like they are now and add new ones either through characters or specific platoon builds? Who knows. But I am wouldn't want to go back to that old 3.5 codex. Sure paying for "ork fighters" is good when you fight orks but the rest of the time it pointless. I would love to see something that might allow us to "fix bayonets" and charge. For some sort of bonus. Who knows though. More and cheaper units would be cool and sell? more mini's?

Some kind of Elite choice that would jump up and down screaming put me in your list! I'm sure they will come up with something cleaver enough to get a little more money from me. 

Wish listing here, but...

More orders -or at least keeping the orders system- would please me. I find it very characterful for us, and it urges our opponents to target our command units, which is also realistic and adds something to the game.

Plastic kits for all our missing units. I want a griffon and two colossi!

I'm sure we won't see them, but I would love to see the return of human bombs to penal legion squads.

And I'll throw in another got for improved rough riders. T4 and/or the option for carapace, please!

And needless to say: a plastic storm trooper kit bursting with options.

I know it would never happen, but a return to the old second edition heavy weapon teams rule where an Infantry Squad could choose to leave behind their heavy weapons team to provide covering fire.  I really miss being able to do that.

The Termite, Siegfried, and Ragnarok would be cool to see as well.  I agree with Kierdale that they should bring back human bombs, I have some that need to see proper rules and many blast markers.  I would also like to see multi-melta and plasma cannons carried by Infantry so all those Squats with them can join their brethren in my Guard army.  If they wanted to add a big tank to Guard without going full Baneblade, the Malcador is a great candidate for the move and would see Forgeworld sales of the model jump if they didn't just transfer it to plastic.  Still, these are all unlikely.

As for what we will get new, there is a good chance that it will have never once been hinted at in the fluff, something like a Cadian Super-duper Mecha of Skulls and Aquilas.  They might also get some new infantry that makes the Centurian look like the best sculpt ever just to troll the players.

I don't really mind as I like the way it makes my Sergeants stand out but again the option to do something is always better as that way everyone can have their bit of cake - we used to be able to choose back in the day. GW seems to have a raging hatred of Heavy Bolters so I wouldn't hold out much hope there.

When Rough Riders get awesome new models (I'm willing this into existence) I'm sure they'll get a revamp to "encourage" us to buy them in bulk so it'll be a double win for those who want them anyway :) It always bugged me how disproportionate the stat bonuses were for mounts/bikes. You have Marines which gain +1T, there's Eldars who get +1T and an increase in their save and then there's Rough Riders who get nothing sad.png

While opinion is still forming over the Chapter Tactics for the new Marine codex I think it's starting to seem like it hasn't been handled brilliantly. Some are clearly more useful than others so if this is GW's idea of creating theme and character for different armies in a codex I think I might prefer it if they didn't bother for the Guard... ermm.gif

Why do I have the sinking feeling that Fasha's right and we'll get a bunch of abominable new things added to our codex...

WarriorFish: My thoughts exactly. Personally I prefer to squeeze a little extra dakka out of my guys, but more options are good. And I don't really want HBs myself, I just think they should be a viable option. Having lots of options is pointless when one or two are clearly more useful than the rest. (See: current IG FA selections.)

How about this: I'll help you will new, usable Rough Riders into existence, preferably with T4, LP/CCW standard and the option for carapace armour. In exchange, you help me will the Hellhound and its variants to be more useful and for the Leman Russ Annihilator to appear as a standard codex variant. Lascannon sponsons would not be amiss either.

The cover fire rule was fantastic! And would be very useful in smaller games. Rough Riders seem to be the thing were most vocal about. I have 10 and can't remember using them. I have 15 DKoK deathriders still to build and paint (ETL 2014?) The platoon formation is the strength of the guard. Even the option for a mounted company command!  More platoons would be fun. even bring the Heavy weapons platoon back for  heavy choice might be good? Looking back to 2nd ed. they even had a Stormtrooper Company. with heavy weapons in the squads... 

Being able to move things like ratlings or special weapons teams into a CHQ Platoon would be cool. But only if their were some better elite choices or at least a new option in elites to make it worth doing. Even a Vet Platoon? 

Fortifications could work. Changing how many the IG get over other armies but Not sure how that would effect random games and terrain. 

Just to bring this back to the original topic of rumours, I don't know if anyone saw this thread on DakkaDakka: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/549765.page

Have to say I like or am at worst not opposed to all the rumours in the initial post of that thread.

I skimmed. After the first few pages I din't see anything other the opinions. The list of rumors doesn't get me excited at all. Honestly they seem bland. Apparently the vendetta  is under cost. and it bothers people.  The option for a 10 man heavy weapons team? I think the mean 5 heavies in a squad. Over 3 and with no context to the who what when or whys.  The same for Special weapons and where they would fit in.

The rumors are giving me the fear. 

Just wait until the release of the Aquilatron, the new IG walker made of the corpses of the most devote and skilled Sisters of Battle, ritually killed and reanimated by the Primaris Psykers of the Guard into the shape of an open topped Dreadknight with two large wing-like structures that give it an appearance similar to the Aquila.  In the open topped crew compartment will be the animating psyker, a senior officer, a vox operator, and a Lord Commissar.  This unit will be stated as being a common mainstay of all Guard armies since the Horus Heresy...and don't ask how they got the Sisters of Battle corpses before the Age of Apostasy, they just did.  Rules wise it will be superior to everything else in the codex (and most other codices as well until the next book released) and cost next to nothing and be able to be taken in large squadrons.  The kit will cost $125, but after the nerfs to existing units, every Guard player will need to buy at least a half dozen to be able to win a game, more if they want to be competitive.

I'll only take Aquilatrons if they come stock with dual Punisher cannons, a Medusa siege gun above the Master of the Ordnance, which has to be an upgrade from the Vox guy...

And... and... it's gotta have a deep-strike mishap bubble of... oh what the heck, it's UP anyway.... 48"!

Careful Fasha, GW knows for they are watching... I'd rather not take any chances and give them ideas :lol:

I'm not sure about these rumours, they seem a little off somehow. Was the Veteran spam some people did really bad enough to warrant such a beating? Charging from a vehicle - for a Guard unit? I'd lament the loss of bodyguards too, not even had the chance to model mine up yet!

Larger HWS seem odd, 3 seems plenty and takes up enough room as it is and then there's on the CCS as a HQ choice? Maybe this is a very early draft if that, so I'm not convinced.

i got a great idea let reduce the point cost of per squad to about 40pts per unit and keep all the upgrades the same.

space marine squad cost about 140pts with no options

guard inf slots  1 pcs and 2 squads are about 130 no upgrades.

that something i always look at in the codex troops get cheaper and firepower get more crazy. 

guard just need a general pts reduction for the elite down to the heavly support and up grade the hq to be what chapter tactics are for orders. i like to see the 4th edt type pick the regiment rules, but that got very crazy quick. i like the chimera were it is just 55 compared to the razorback there mirror the so well it not funny. 

my biggest thing i starting to feel the points decrease everytime i play because a one model on the game table is worth 3 imperail guard inf to be honest s 14pts model vs 3 (4pts model) make me wonder

I'm not sure points reductions for troopers is what we need, I don't want to spend most of my games moving models around :P Unless something like cheaper by default but you can pay for regiment upgrades for example Catachan get Stealth or something? It would be nice if we got some customisation for our regiments but only as long as GW don't bugger it up with imbalance which is what I'm concerned about.

If the recently released Assault Brigade list from Forgeworld is any indication, there might be some slight price reductions but I don't know about 4 pt guardsmen when a Krieg trooper is 7 (3 pts for krak grenades, +1 WS, and no LD test for 25% casualties seems a bit steep but maybe). I did notice that their commissars are 30 pts instead of 35. 2 wound Death Riders in their list is nice, so maybe that is the way they'll go to buff regular IG rough riders?

Grenadiers at 12 pts each rather than 16 for Storm Troopers, if any indication of where they'd go with IG Storm Troopers, would be fantastic. Grenadiers lose the special doctrines, but they have the +1 WS, LD buff, etc. to compensate, so maybe Storm Troopers will come done in price a little. I think 12 pts would be crazy good, perhaps to the point of over-powered (but if they are getting a plastic kit GW might do it to boost sales). But even a reduction to 14 would make Storm Troopers (who I think are already quite good) awesome.

Yeah, I saw those rumors on Faeit 212. The only thing I saw that I liked was the idea of swapping out the Company Commander for a Lord Commisar. Mostly 'cause it'd do something to make the LC useful and then I'd have an excuse to defile the excellent model they have with my awful painting "skills".

Properly or even under costed STs would be nice, though.

Oh, and in the interest of more wish-listing, I'd like Heavy Stubbers as a Special Weapon option.

I'm not sure FW is a great indicator of the approach of GW as a whole, but 3pts does feel a bit steep. It's all relative though as technically a plasma gun is a plasma gun so should be treated the same but there's a big difference between a Guardsman and a Marine wielding it for example.

Swapping out the commander model for a CCS is a nice idea, but not at the cost of any other HQ choice because it'd just be a flavour to the same unit. However if done well it might not be a problem and who knows, maybe the second HQ would be something like a tank HQ..? The Guard suffers enough with "more of the same" syndrome so it'd be a bit galling to only have one HQ choice when other armies have them out the wazoo.

I've heard the DKoK style Heavy Stubbers mentioned a few times in people's wishes, is there any particular reason for this? I like them quite a bit on my Chimeras as it helps turn them into pretty good firing platforms but I'm not sure as to the merits of them on Infantry squads. They're twin-linked right? That's pretty cool but it's more or less just slightly fancier small arms fire so wouldn't a Heavy Bolter (as much as GW hates them) be better with more punch?

That's interesting. T3 not orks. By which I mean the orks big shoota is a hugly powerful gun when you have 3,4 or 5 of them. Like they used to in the 3ed codex. as an assault weapon the fire power was just savage. glancing rhinos to death or just killing that lone captain. what ever the task. Stubbers could be nearly as good maybe. A points reduction would surly find a way to ensure a penalty

The rumor of 5 heavies in a squad makes some scene when you cant get the heavies in the squads..  Much like the DKoK pdf.

as far as I remember. Not sure I would bother swapping my Commander for a Lord Commissar.  What would be the point? as a second HQ I would consider it. But a change of HQ might bring a change of whats or who's in the squad? a Commissar lord in a squad full of crows? Hummm. Another tank would be fun. After giving it some thought I might switch a lot of my LRBT to vanks. so I can shoot all my guns. But bringing the vank back to how it used to be with the choice of shell would also be a huge improvement. 

well if we get heavy stubbers I want some cigar chewing heads to match with them what a loving pait up with heavy bolter ithey would make in my security platoon

I know this will never happen but in epic many moons ago the basilisk had 2 shots around and while were at it its not called a earth shaker for nothing how about a rule vs buildings muhahah

I remember 2nd Ed Bassies bringing down a building on Abaddon and squashing him flat. Serves him right for cowering like a Tau.

A Heavy Stubber as a special weapon sounds cool, gives you a bit more flexibility and something unique to Guard. I'd see if I could get some sort of Bren gun for mine! Would only be useful for squads that weren't planning on moving much really but again: options are good.

I'm as much interested as concerned about what the future could bring, GW have done enough juggling of late that it's no longer that clear what they're doing. Which is a good thing in a way, I can't wait to see what the new models are. I could well be eating my words should GW come out with nonsense but that's a risk we all must take in 6th Ed 40k :lol:

A Heavy Stubber as a special weapon sounds cool, gives you a bit more flexibility and something unique to Guard. I'd see if I could get some sort of Bren gun for mine! Would only be useful for squads that weren't planning on moving much really but again: options are good.

You mean it would be a good option if someone other than Grenadiers had it as an option, but thank you, I will keep the hellguns or swap them for plasma or meltaguns and just admire the rather beautiful model with a heavy stubber I already own and convert any further ones I get to be armed different.

Archived