Jolemai

I was thinking again about rough riders. Which got me thinking about space wolves. What about a pack of dogs? thinking extremely "old school" hunting. where the hunters would use dogs to run up the prey. You might have seen this in the movie brotherhood of the wolf. But a few packs of dogs to screen or skirmish ahead or around the rough riders. which would fit if we got a rough rider command or other hereo's on horse back.   

That'd be cool, maybe we could have flaming pigs too or would that be treading on the Ork's squig toes too much? :lol:

If they do give us some form of traits/tactics/doctrine system then I would very much expect to see something that reflects the diversity of regiments out there. The C:SM ones were good and all but Marines have a much smaller spectrum of behaviour and methodologies compared to the massive organisation that is the Imperial Guard.

I was thinking again about rough riders. Which got me thinking about space wolves. What about a pack of dogs? thinking extremely "old school" hunting. where the hunters would use dogs to run up the prey. You might have seen this in the movie brotherhood of the wolf. But a few packs of dogs to screen or skirmish ahead or around the rough riders. which would fit if we got a rough rider command or other hereo's on horse back.   

Better yet, since we are talking old school hunting, Guard need Ferret Handlers!  Imagine the awesome models; Guardsmen covered in ferrets with more of the little buggers on the bases!  Ruleswise it would be Guardsmen specially trained to send attack ferrets into combat, something like 18" S4 AP- Assault D3 (roll once for entire squad like Lootas) Pinning Night Vision (ferrets see very well in the dark you know).

Rabbit xenos wouldn't stand a chance.

The thought of Fire Warriors disappearing under a tide of chittering fur is hilarious. In that case, can we have attack badgers as an upgrade? They would have Rending. And Fear. (Keep in mind I've heard that bears will steer clear of those things. Freakin' bears.)

On a more serious note, though, I have been pondering what "regimental rules" might look like. Here some ideas.

Mordian Iron Guard: Something to do with passing morale checks, for sure. Or at least have them ignore the Fear USR, since that's a key part of their back story. Also, their emphasis on drilling could maybe give them some sort of bonus to passing orders.

Catachan Jungle Fighters: Lots of possibilities here. Bonuses to cover saves, Scouts, Move Through Cover, etc. Basically anything that promotes a fighting style based on sneaking around in dense cover and ambushing the enemy from there.

Tallarn Desert Raiders: Fleet, maybe? Definitely bonuses to Rough Riders, who I think totally fit the theme. They rely on hit and run tactics just like the Catachans, but based around mobility over large, empty spaces instead of concealment in dense jungle.

Armageddon Steel Legion: this is tricky, because they should have bonuses vs. more than just Orkz. Maybe some sort of bonus that makes Chimeras better?

Vostroyan Firstborn: I know their homeworld is supposedly rich and like outfitting their troops with carapace armor, so maybe something about that? They also have a prediliction for training heavily in close combat, so some sort of enhancement there, maybe?

Valhallan Ice Warriors: again, they shouldn't be specced to just be good vs. Orkz. Maybe something like Stubborn or similar to represent their resolve? Also, something to show their tolerance for extreme conditions. Make it easier for them to cross Dangerous Terrain, maybe?

Better yet, since we are talking old school hunting, Guard need Ferret Handlers!  Imagine the awesome models; Guardsmen covered in ferrets with more of the little buggers on the bases!  Ruleswise it would be Guardsmen specially trained to send attack ferrets into combat, something like 18" S4 AP- Assault D3 (roll once for entire squad like Lootas) Pinning Night Vision (ferrets see very well in the dark you know).

Dude, have a little respect.

I think they would be a great addition to the IG, add in different roles as like veterans. Doubt GW would do it, but it is deffinately an interesting thought.

Better yet, since we are talking old school hunting, Guard need Ferret Handlers! Imagine the awesome models; Guardsmen covered in ferrets with more of the little buggers on the bases! Ruleswise it would be Guardsmen specially trained to send attack ferrets into combat, something like 18" S4 AP- Assault D3 (roll once for entire squad like Lootas) Pinning Night Vision (ferrets see very well in the dark you know).

Or how about hawks with a melta charge belt flying into a ruin where the opponent sits. Or an attack parrot that like the ones used in South america. Polly wants a cracker and your head. Turn 2 the opponent used up all his anti air defenses fending off parrotslaugh.png

When it comes to suplements we already had one back in 2002 called Codex Catachan. I Think that they are the ones getting a supplement or the Steel legion.

Better yet, since we are talking old school hunting, Guard need Ferret Handlers! Imagine the awesome models; Guardsmen covered in ferrets with more of the little buggers on the bases! Ruleswise it would be Guardsmen specially trained to send attack ferrets into combat, something like 18" S4 AP- Assault D3 (roll once for entire squad like Lootas) Pinning Night Vision (ferrets see very well in the dark you know).

Or how about hawks with a melta charge belt flying into a ruin where the opponent sits. Or an attack parrot that like the ones used in South america. Polly wants a cracker and your head. Turn 2 the opponent used up all his anti air defenses fending off parrotslaugh.png

When it comes to suplements we already had one back in 2002 called Codex Catachan. I Think that they are the ones getting a supplement or the Steel legion.

Dark Eldar already have attack parrots, they call them Razorwing Flocks.

See, this is why this is one of the the best forums to be in. Where other wish lists rapidly descend into "I want a win button" here in the Imperial Guard we have in-depth discussion about the merits of flinging small animals at our enemies :lol:

I like Tankie's idea, similar to the Marine tactics so not a stretch for GW to do it and it could offer plenty of character. Preferred enemy against Orks for example could be delivered by a suitable character rather than being army wide perhaps (like the Crimson Fists).

See, this is why this is one of the the best forums to be in. Where other wish lists rapidly descend into "I want a win button" here in the Imperial Guard we have in-depth discussion about the merits of flinging small animals at our enemies laugh.png

I like Tankie's idea, similar to the Marine tactics so not a stretch for GW to do it and it could offer plenty of character. Preferred enemy against Orks for example could be delivered by a suitable character rather than being army wide perhaps (like the Crimson Fists).

Why thank you! I realized, though, that I left out the big one: Cadia. Since they are to IG what the smurfs are the SMs (minus the hate for being a creator's pet), I'd picture them having something similar. Either a few one-shot rules or just some generic boosts that help pretty much with any army build.

I for one am having trouble seeing an insistence where being better ork fighters will be a bonus worth paying for unless it applies to shooting and is free. I think they can do better then that. The trouble for me would be I would want to sell all my steel Legion and replace them with other mini's that would have a more direct and useful bonus. Like the Vostroyan. But the reality is i would still just play what ever the codex offers as standard guard with no extra this or thats. As I have said before just give me more platoons all kinds of platoons.

Despite th

See, this is why this is one of the the best forums to be in. Where other wish lists rapidly descend into "I want a win button" here in the Imperial Guard we have in-depth discussion about the merits of flinging small animals at our enemies laugh.png

Why thank you! I realized, though, that I left out the big one: Cadia. Since they are to IG what the smurfs are the SMs (minus the hate for being a creator's pet), I'd picture them having something similar. Either a few one-shot rules or just some generic boosts that help pretty much with any army build.

Well despite their violet eyes, Cadians tend to not get the Mary Sue treatment Ultramarines do; that may play a role in it.

Also, I was thinking about how to convert up a Guardsmen Ferret Handler and then I looked at my OOTS books and it hit me! One of them with a Bag of Tricks! Now to find a 28mm ferret.

http://s8.postimg.org/y3mlp8uit/Bag_of_Tricks.gif

Wait... I just had a insane brilliant idea! For Rough Riders... why don't we have Cadians ride into battle upon the backs of Ultramarines? It'd be the best seeing as we'd have two of the most generic armies both represented in the same model! That, and it'd show that Guard are better than Marines any day!

We Cadian may respect of the Lord Castellan and his wisdom but we understand that at the end of the day it's all about the chain of command (and not the one your mongrel Colonel beats you with.) Respect your officers and worship the God Emperor and we'll all get along just fine. Its was makes us IG so great.

I do like the idea of attack animals though. Perhaps something that, like Priests and Sanctioned Psykers used to (and should again), attached to units at deployment to enhance certain squads. Cyper Mastifs, Hunting Dogs, or Rapid Honey Badgers would all be excellent additions to the Imperial Guard. Hell, we let the Ratlings in.

Yes Guardsmen all like Creed, I mean who doesn't like a guy able to hide Baneblades behind lamp posts or Reaver Titans in the shallow end of a public swimming pool?  They like him in a "hey, wouldn't it be cool to sneak up on Abaddon while he's brushing his teeth in the morning and give him just enough time to spot us in the mirror after closing the medicine cabinet" kind of like.  Doesn't mean they fawn over him like Ultramarines do Mat Ward.  Well everyone except Krieg, who are too busy being awesome.

Yes Guardsmen all like Creed, I mean who doesn't like a guy able to hide Baneblades behind lamp posts or Reaver Titans in the shallow end of a public swimming pool?  They like him in a "hey, wouldn't it be cool to sneak up on Abaddon while he's brushing his teeth in the morning and give him just enough time to spot us in the mirror after closing the medicine cabinet" kind of like.  Doesn't mean they fawn over him like Ultramarines do Mat Ward.  Well everyone except Krieg, who are too busy being awesome.

You hadn't perchance... seen this picture?

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/File:Creeeeeeeed.jpg

Laugh insanely every time I see this, as I can completely see Creed doing just that!

Yes Guardsmen all like Creed, I mean who doesn't like a guy able to hide Baneblades behind lamp posts or Reaver Titans in the shallow end of a public swimming pool? They like him in a "hey, wouldn't it be cool to sneak up on Abaddon while he's brushing his teeth in the morning and give him just enough time to spot us in the mirror after closing the medicine cabinet" kind of like. Doesn't mean they fawn over him like Ultramarines do Mat Ward. Well everyone except Krieg, who are too busy being awesome.

You hadn't perchance... seen this picture?

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/File:Creeeeeeeed.jpg

Laugh insanely every time I see this, as I can completely see Creed doing just that!

No, not all. Never whistlingW.gif.

Whoo!! also heard this Rumour too, got Tyranids to go first though :)

plus cool thread :) ah attack ferrets! rabid vicious wall of furry death. i always thought creed was more Winston Churchill like in my opinion, though that picture is pretty funny.

Archived