Jolemai

What? Some people are reading some of our banter and thinking it's a rumour? Or are they taking inspiration for making up their own rumours? I'm not sure which is worse... ermm.gif

Still, a good an example as any for why rumours should never be fully believed. Also why it's often more fun just to muse on ideas :)

Yeah, I noticed. I also noticed that there was absolutely no reference to the source of the rumours too, so it's about as reliable as some random spouting off at your local GW... Nothing to see there then, we now return to your normal scheduling :P

Did I tell you guys how much I love tanks? I don't think I did. I've been thinking about new mechanised goodness and after the great kits we were gifted by the Emperor with last time I really don't think there's anything we can expect other than the artillery pieces. Which is understandable as we have a good selection but the treadhead in me can never be satisfied. I will accept an improvement to ordnance Russ shooting as compensation for this.

If we keep on about ferret armed Guardsmen enough when GW Googles ideas for the next codex they might make it reality, especially if we got the whole silly rules and fluff bit out of the way for them and all they need to do is take ten minutes to sculpt new arms for the existing plastic kit and call it a $50 boxed set of the new Mustelidiers Elite choices for the Guard. 

Yeah, I noticed. I also noticed that there was absolutely no reference to the source of the rumours too, so it's about as reliable as some random spouting off at your local GW... Nothing to see there then, we now return to your normal scheduling tongue.png

Did I tell you guys how much I love tanks? I don't think I did. I've been thinking about new mechanised goodness and after the great kits we were gifted by the Emperor with last time I really don't think there's anything we can expect other than the artillery pieces. Which is understandable as we have a good selection but the treadhead in me can never be satisfied. I will accept an improvement to ordnance Russ shooting as compensation for this.

I second this! Even if we don't get new kits, though, we can always do some kitbashing. Did I ever mention that as soon as I saw the recent Heresy-era Sicaran Battle Tank all I could think was "kitbash it into a Russ!"

I doubt we will see a new flier. We already have two codex fliers. Most of the updated armies have gotten 2 fliers which brings them in line with us. I could see a new artillery kit though. Possibly a colossus/ madusa/griffon kit GW has been pushing out the combi-kits left and right so why not give us that to fill in the blanks. There should be a couple new unit kits but what only time will tell. A vet kit a good possibility so even long time players will have to go out and buy 5 boxes.(like you wouldn't. :) ) plastic steel legion, valhallan, mordien kits would be awesome.

Plastic remakes would be good for me. No doubt they would be as large as the Cadians. and that works. for vets and units that can put on something better then a flack jacket.  I would do this over a small "vet box" at least before I decided i wanted the bitz out of it.

be yumie to get a mini bomber like a b-25 or wellington type with carpet bombing (I know I know but I can dream)

Guard already have a B-25 type, they call it a Marauder.  Notice how the size is about the same, the Destroyer has a similar tail, and that they both have nose, aft, and dorsal guns. 

http://s12.postimg.org/chb13fv7x/B25_and_Marauder_Comparison.png

http://data3.primeportal.net/hangar/gunther_neumahr/b-25j/images/b-25j_06_of_37.jpg

If we were to have a bomber, it'd have to be modelled after the mighty Lancaster. A Mosquito would be a nice alternative as that plane just doesn't get the credit it deserves (I used to have a model one hanging from my ceiling as a child). That said, I don't really see it happening as we've already got the Valkyrie kit which also builds the Vendetta, albeit with a bit of conversion.

If we were to have a bomber, it'd have to be modelled after the mighty Lancaster. A Mosquito would be a nice alternative as that plane just doesn't get the credit it deserves (I used to have a model one hanging from my ceiling as a child). That said, I don't really see it happening as we've already got the Valkyrie kit which also builds the Vendetta, albeit with a bit of conversion.

Yeah, I'm also suspicious of rumors of more fliers. The Valk/Vend fills that role for IG quite well, so I don't see the need for any new ones.

Yeah, I'm also suspicious of rumors of more fliers. The Valk/Vend fills that role for IG quite well, so I don't see the need for any new ones.

Fliers for the Flier God!

you mean the lord of fliers nurgles brother2 little podgey"

be nice if they role the vendetta options into the valk so as to not upset us and role with a new ship hehe with a battle canon main gun lol

or a punisher canon

you mean the lord of fliers nurgles brother2 little podgey"

be nice if they role the vendetta options into the valk so as to not upset us and role with a new ship hehe with a battle canon main gun lol

or a punisher canon

A plastic Vulture?

I'd buy that for a dollar! :D

Hmm.

How's this as an idea for our monstrous creature super-unit?

Hunter-Killer Squad (about 70 pts, Fast Attack choice)

Unit: 1 HK Sergeant and 4 Hunter-Killers.

HK statline: 3/4/3/3/1/4/1/10/4+

Sergeant has +1 Attack

Equipment: Carapace Armour, Bolter, Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Krak Grenades, Grav Chutes, Laspistol (Sergeant Only)

Special Rules: Deep Strike, Monster Hunter, Accurate Airdrop, Let the Grenades Fly!

Options:

Any model may exchange their Bolter and Auxiliary Grenade Launcher for;

Hot-shot Lasgun: Free

Meltagun: +10 points

Plasma Gun: +15 points

Sergeant may exchange any weapon for;

Power Weapon: +10 points

Power Fist, Lightning Claw or Plasma Pistol: +15 points

Accurate Airdrop: When Deep Striking or deploying via Grav Chute, Hunter-Killers only scatter d6".

Let the Grenades Fly: When shooting (normal or overwatch), the entire squad may elect to use their Krak Grenades instead of firing a weapon. In addition, they may always elect to use their Krak Grenades in assault, regardless of the target.

No the Aquilatron with these rules would be more likely:

$175 model, 100 points, 1-5 per Heavy Support, may be armed differently

WS4 BS5 S6 T6 W6 I4 A4 Ld10 Sv 2+/4+

Weapons: Gatling Battlecannon (same as battle cannon, but 36" heavy 6), Sword of the Slaughtered Faithful (S10 armorbane close combat weapon)

Options: upgrade either weapon to:

Flaming Wrath of Angry Fury (template S7 AP2, assault 3) for 5 points

Twin-Linked Neutron Laser Projector (same as Forgeworld weapon) for free

Fist of the Imperium (S10 melta lance armor & fleshbane close combat weapon) with under slung twin-linked plasma cannon for 10 points

-upgrade twin-linked plasma cannons to pair of lascannons for 5 points or pair of multi-meltas for 5 points

Monstrous Creature, Split Fire, Eternal Warrior, Fear, FNP, Adamantium Will, IWND, Prefered Enemy (non-loyalist Imperium units)

Special Rules: Any friendly unit within 24" may use Aquilatron's Ld with a re-roll.  At start of movement phase may take a LD check to swoop as if it were a flying MC until end of this movement phase.  At start of shooting phase may take Ld check to fire each weapon twice.  At start of assault phase, may take Ld test to cause an enemy unit within 24" to be unable to overwatch, Aquilatrons in same unit may target different units and not necessarily the one they intend to charge.  At start of foe's turn may take Ld check to receive FNP (4+) for duration of player turn.

Archived