Jolemai

You mean this?

http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1173384083l/280900.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/shadeykins/balloonferret_sketches01.jpg

Perhaps tactical ferret bombing.  You could replace the bombs on the aircraft with ferrets jumping from the wings.

People,

to stay within the animal kindom one last time: Enough beating on a dead horse.

Get back on topic.

Seeing that the marines have gotten a ton of new toys, I hope we are getting some nice ones too , more elaborate troop boxes with more arm, head and other options.

Well, Space Marines finally got a Sternguard box so I see the rumoured (Cadian) box set as realistic, just as SM and IG got their command squad boxes last time around.

A plastic Hydra kit seems nearly assured given this edition's emphasis of flyers and AA. I would not be surprised by some new plastic flyer or some other must have toy.

(sigh) ok serious ..plastic vets will probably be a given maybe even a kasrkin /vet hybrid box ,as to the hydra we may see the removal of all forge world models from the codex and the introduction of plastic alternate designs .

I love the thunderbolt it would very sexy and also remember double eagle very guardy with out navy support second plastic box

ogrynns or rough riders as for a new tank something anti air for sure maybe something anti fortress breeching drill esk

will we see new regiment I dout it just my thinking gloomie I know but they will make us replace some thing mass in number aka color change (which wont work with the guard) or give us a wraithknight /riptide must have kit .

I wonder why we've not heard the great coat rumour again? It's not a proper IG rumouring without that, maybe it got supplanted by the Steel Legion claims?

I think we're just going to have to wait for now, if the rumoured release early next year is true then hopefully we should see some new rumour stuff or maybe a version with more weight to it in a month or so?

I've decided the new models will be a disappointment if they don't include Rough Riders now. I want them for my army, but if they get some better rules maybe I could be persuaded to convert some up if I get time.

I've got some Empire Pistoliers inbound for my birthday, but some more 'normal' rough riders would be nice too. In fact give us the option to mount our CCSs and I'll do the Pistoliers as the officers and other toffs :D

I really want plastic storm troopers as I don't like the Kaskrins and the other ones are 'okay'.

Here's one for discussion: how to make conscripts more attractive?

i think if we were to get new toys, we'd probably get something along the lines of new kits for ogryns, rough riders and storm troopers/vet, all in plastic. if we were to get new units (like i think we would going on the basis of mechs and bigger war engines) we'd probably see a new form of souped up sentinel or some ad/dark mechanicus toys added to the codex. in terms of FOC and choices, i'd like to see a return of HWT platoons, if not for competitive play it'll be good for those who want an all infantry force (and is probably fluffier for traitor guard players such as myself). 

we may see the removal of all forge world models from the codex and the introduction of plastic alternate designs

Which would be fantastic!, If. they gave us back our bombards. 

I agree. Being I like the older min's , which are closer to 28 mm, finding size appropriate conscripts has something I have yet to be able to get. Their are a few companies out their but most have limited range. using older GW mini's as conscripts would be better for plastic cadians the old steel legion. Although A new plastic Steel legion will be bigger then the current line so I could end up with 140 conscripts.. 

I've got some Empire Pistoliers inbound for my birthday, but some more 'normal' rough riders would be nice too. In fact give us the option to mount our CCSs and I'll do the Pistoliers as the officers and other toffs biggrin.png

I really want plastic storm troopers as I don't like the Kaskrins and the other ones are 'okay'.

Emprah's biscuits that's a fantastic idea! Move over infantry and artillery regiments - the time for the cavalry regiment to claim all the glory is here! biggrin.png

As for Conscripts... I forgot they were in the codex. I think that says it all ermm.gif To be fair my Guard is a professional fighting force that wouldn't make use of conscripts but that doesn't excuse the fact they're underwhelming, though they're more or less meat shields anyway so I'm not sure what could be done short of making them cheaper?

HW platoons is also a good idea, but only as an addition to the current infantry platoon because I really like the way they work. Maybe they could do something like give their CS special orders to give out? In fact why not go further? They could add different types of platoons with different squad make ups and orders available to their CS? That could really give a lot of variety without really changing much since they'd just be tweaks on the current platoon.

I like all of the above very cool ideas here abouts as too conscripts im lost really I have used them but only in very low points games

id love a ad mech walker of some type ,on a side note its quiet exciting think about it all much more so than any of the recent releases

Emprah's biscuits that's a fantastic idea! Move over infantry and artillery regiments - the time for the cavalry regiment to claim all the glory is here! biggrin.png

As for Conscripts... I forgot they were in the codex. I think that says it all ermm.gif To be fair my Guard is a professional fighting force that wouldn't make use of conscripts but that doesn't excuse the fact they're underwhelming, though they're more or less meat shields anyway so I'm not sure what could be done short of making them cheaper?

You havent seen my Rough riders yet Warriorfish?

I think conscripts dont really belong among Cadian forces, more with valhallan armies.

If you look carefully at all of the sculpts from GW you can see that a lot of miniatures have a base figure, so i'm wondering why they havent improved or expanded on the cadians and added different regiments

I don't think I have. They're not riding giant ferrets are they? teehee.gif

As for new Cadian stuff then yes, that is a very good question. Maybe even more so when you consider that though the infantry models are a bit old now the CS box is a lot more recent. Somehow I can see them adding needless shoulder pad details as they seem wont to do lately. It's irritating enough filing down the CS bits as it is! Maybe the new Tactical box is a sign of things to come? That might require updates of the infantry and heavy weapon kits which presumably would eat into our new box count a bit.

After looking at the new releases for the last few armies, I have a feeling that what we want and what we will get from GW is far from optimal.  Likely kits/blisters for new units and a recut of the Cadian box to include the other special weapon options.  There might even be a Forgeworld unit turned to plastic if the old mold is worn out and in need of replacement, but I doubt it.  So sadly great coats, plastic Ogryns and Stormtroopers, Mustelidae related units, and Rough Riders are all equally likely of release, not very.

Then again, we might get something like that Aquilatron idea a few pages back... Maybe have it run on ferret power?

On more serious note: We need those dang artillery guns! I'm getting a little tired of making my Medusae counts-as Colossi!

Though... superheavy tanks... I've got a few... and I want to use them... Maybe possible?

That's a sobering point Fasha, I hope that's not true. Guard should have even less fancy doodads and whatsits than the Marines. Just good, honest to the God-Emperor soldiering. With lots of big tanks and guns.

Ogryns I can see not changing, their models are still quite new and the only thing wrong with them is their extraordinarily painful price - so maybe Finecast? I'd like to get some but only if their price drops by more than a bit. I'm still optimistic though, have faith comrades the immortal God-Emperor will see us through!

All this talk about Rugh riders made me want to buy them and test them out, so I visited GW and found out that Attila and his riders can't be purchased or  found on the site. So I send them a mail, lets see if I get an reply. 

When it comes to the new plastic Cadians I assume that the new minis will also contain female models, which is about time.

Could be interesting Sviar, models or lack thereof on the GW site could mean nothing or could mean new stuff. That the current models are so old and metal could lend weight to either interpretation... the chances of any real information coming back to you are slim but there's still hope smile.png

As for female Guard models it is so overdue as to actively be ridiculous, but unfortunately I'm not expecting that to change. Plus if it did then we'd all have a mad scramble to get the models and they'd be like gold/platinum/unobtainium dust tongue.png I actually have a small project where I'm attempting to model a proper female Guards(wo)man but it's currently on pause. Even if works and exceeds all my expectations it'd never be practical for anything other than the odd model sad.png

I remember seeing some cool Cadian Rough Riders modelled up on bikes once but I can't remember where. Maybe it was on the old GW blog or site? They did look really good but I imagine were a lot of work.

Female Guard models are not overdue, they are just horribly oop and limited in number.  Back when I bought my first Guard models one of the ones in the blister was a metal female with quite the mullet. Then there was Warrior Woman of the Last Chancers and the female Commissar. 

Only a single Rough Rider model is available on the site under Fast Attack and that is the sergeant model with a bolt pistol, but a second can be linked to from the first, the rest either have yet to gotten a direct link because they forgot or overlooked them or they just want you to buy the much nicer Death Rider models.

Not that long ago the Forgeworld Renegade Ogryns were actually $1 cheaper than the GW ones following a price hike, but then FW raised their price a few months later to be what is about $6 more (as of today) after conversion. 

Archived