Skrundles Chaos Kitbashes :- khorne daemon centaur

Skrundle87

Coming along really nicely, mate! Top job! I have one question: How did you make those spiky "rails" (for lack of a better word) from the warshrine kit cover the entire width of the Knight shoulder pads? I am guessing you strategically cut them apart and re-assembled them, right? Because they are not nearly wide enough when used out of the box. So, any tips about how best to cut them apart? Because I would seriiously like to steal that idea for my own Knight :)

Thanks, I'm getting pretty excited now, almost done

You're guess is entirely right, clever cutting, here's one I stuffed up but should give you the idea

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af171/skrundle87/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0595_zpsfw0dz8h_edit_1398003579404_zpsyhzo3yqp.jpg

Snip off the top two rails but get smaller toward the ends, where I've drawn black is where I left the second rail.

Then just kinda stretch it over while it glues down, it's thin enough that you can encourage the shape you want out of it, then I just used the iffcuts to get the edges

Hope that makes kinda enough sense, it's the first tome you've asked me for tips, it doesn't seem right :P

COOL!!!1

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af171/skrundle87/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0594_zpsa71vcuaw.jpg

Yeah, absolutely amazing! Are those the warshrine horns on the model's head? Definitely a purchase well worth the money, considering how cool it looks now!

The one thing that bothers me, and I cannot be perfectly sure because it's kinda hard to make out in the picture, but maybe you might want to look at some kind of ...erm "crotch plate" for the model? The Knight's nether regions might up ending somewhat untoward otherwise...

In any case, the conversion is a triumph! Next stop, mutated Reaver Titan? :D

Oh, and thanks so much for the rundown on the warshrine bitz! Extremely helpful!

Thanks guys, almost there now, I do however dread painting this thing

@ krautscientist I do have armour plates and a cape from the chariot kit sitting there to be used in that region, just not certain which to use yet. Also you're very welcome, about time I returned the favour from all the help you've given

Next will probably be this actually. If I can afford it Id like to make a more organic helldrake using

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af171/skrundle87/Mobile%20Uploads/2_zpsr60cxabz.png

• 1 month later...

Archived