Skrundles Chaos Kitbashes :- khorne daemon centaur

Skrundle87

Man, you're really taking this seriously, aren't you? msn-wink.gif Many great touches already, I'll certainly steal the idea of using that sealed hatch on the reactor section of my own Knight, thank you very much. While I would have considered keeping the actual Soulgrinder head, to be honest, the helmeted version is closer to the your Dreadknight and Dread/prince conversions. I agree with Biohazard, though: Those horns don't cut it. What about trying to get hold of the horns from the Beastman Ghorgon kit: They are more massive and might be a better fit. There are also horns that might work in the warshrine and chariot kits from the WFB chaos catalogue -- the latter even comes with multiple sets of horns.

Such smaller nitpicks notwithstanding, i can only applaud your courage for tackling a huge conversion like this! This will be quite interesting to follow, I'm sure! smile.png

Thanks KS for the kind words and tips for better horns, your knowledge of bits is always astounding haha.

As for the head, I could never get the grinder head and horns to sit exactly where I was happy with them and as you said doing it the new way helps it tie in with the others, I'm still torn though.

As for the hatch, I think it's the minor touches that will make this model stand out and you are welcome to use any ideas you find here, can't wait to see what you can do with it

Man, you're really taking this seriously, aren't you? msn-wink.gif Many great touches already, I'll certainly steal the idea of using that sealed hatch on the reactor section of my own Knight, thank you very much. While I would have considered keeping the actual Soulgrinder head, to be honest, the helmeted version is closer to the your Dreadknight and Dread/prince conversions. I agree with Biohazard, though: Those horns don't cut it. What about trying to get hold of the horns from the Beastman Ghorgon kit: They are more massive and might be a better fit. There are also horns that might work in the warshrine and chariot kits from the WFB chaos catalogue -- the latter even comes with multiple sets of horns.

Such smaller nitpicks notwithstanding, i can only applaud your courage for tackling a huge conversion like this! This will be quite interesting to follow, I'm sure! smile.png

I found all those horns on eBay, do you have any idea of the sizes of any of them?

Torso's looking amazing so far!

As for the horns, I have both variants at home, so I can do a size comparison shot for you (even with the Knight facemask) later tonight, if that would help.

EDIT: And here they are, like I promised:

http://eternalhunt.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/horns-3.jpg

http://eternalhunt.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/horns-2.jpg

http://eternalhunt.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/horns-1.jpg

Hope this helps! smile.png

All of the mate, all of them msn-wink.gif Let me just snap a couple more photos - BRB msn-wink.gif

EDIT: And done:

http://eternalhunt.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/horns-4.jpg

The chariot horns are the inner two pairs, the warshrine horns are off to the sides.

Kraut, you are simply awesome! Really appreciate all the help here, I think I may go the ribbed chariot horns, I just worry the warshrine ones may be to large, however the model is quite a large model so yeah the bigger may be better.

Now if only you lived right around the corner so I could pinch em and get em on haha

I found em on eBay I'll just have to be patient. Thanks again

As for stealing the idea mighty, go for it, would live to see some more chaos knights.

Actually, I am feeling slightly embarrassed by now, because I own that thing as well, and I've planned to pretty much use it for just that ;)

So the short answer would be, yes I suppose it would work very well. The pose of the hind legs is just a wee bit awkward, though...

• 2 weeks later...
Can't really see the wrist mount but the legs look to be fairly easy. All I would do is take a sharp hobby knife and scrape away the cross bars on the spike decorations. Make them look sharper and more chaosy. If you get me?

Archived