Skrundles Chaos Kitbashes :- khorne daemon centaur

Skrundle87

I agree mate that was just a mock up with a spare part so I could see how it lookedhttp://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af171/skrundle87/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0433_zpsl67pcwcf.jpg

Here's the beginnings of a custome lance

My issue is also how it looks to have a jump pack and a cape...

As much as I admire You for having the balls to cut a knight up lika that, this guy is incredible. I love how everything just fits together, I hope you don't mind if i steal the basic idea for a project of mine:)

Here's a more complete, allbeit very basic/blu-tacked complete look at the soul knight

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af171/skrundle87/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0484_zpscqkjvllp.jpg

Cool beans though are you going to mount the head and torso back into the knight so both there shoulders line up or green stuff muscle etc? 

Well, you definitely have the spirit of an adventurer! I wouldn't have thought that such a conversion could work out, and I probably wouldn't have tried it either. It seems to work out just fine so far, though: Great work! This will make an awesome companion piece for your Dread and Dreadknight! Looking forward to seeing this take shape!

As for the further work on the torso, personally speaking, I'd just move it back so far that the shoulders fit under the "overhanging" parts of the back armour, but would leave quite of a bit of gap between the fleshy part and the carapace. I would fill that gap with lots of cables, umbilical cord-y plumbing, chains and what have you. Really primitive Photoshop mockup here:

http://eternalhunt.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/imag0484_zpscqkjvllp.jpg

That way, you'd show how a) the fleshy part of the daemon is plugged into the carapace, which could end up looking pretty awesome (and disgusting) and b) how the daemon is straining against his metal prison, almost tearing away from it.

Kraut has a few good suggestions there. ;) One other thing I'd maybe do is add a second Defiler claw to replace the Grinder arm. You could always 'wrist mount' the weapons to the arm I just think the Defiler bits are a better scale. At the moment I feel it's a little unbalanced.

With the head I'd also maybe try and incorporate one of the knights face masks over the grinder head to look as if the Daemons bursting through everywhere. Just a couple of suggestions but enjoying your work on this and can't wait to see where you go with it.

You guys are both awesome with awesome ideas!

Well, you definitely have the spirit of an adventurer! I wouldn't have thought that such a conversion could work out, and I probably wouldn't have tried it either. It seems to work out just fine so far, though: Great work! This will make an awesome companion piece for your Dread and Dreadknight! Looking forward to seeing this take shape!

As for the further work on the torso, personally speaking, I'd just move it back so far that the shoulders fit under the "overhanging" parts of the back armour, but would leave quite of a bit of gap between the fleshy part and the carapace. I would fill that gap with lots of cables, umbilical cord-y plumbing, chains and what have you. Really primitive Photoshop mockup here:

http://eternalhunt.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/imag0484_zpscqkjvllp.jpg

That way, you'd show how a) the fleshy part of the daemon is plugged into the carapace, which could end up looking pretty awesome (and disgusting) and b) how the daemon is straining against his metal prison, almost tearing away from it.

I hadn't even thought of that idea with the cabling etc, but picturing it in my head, with aid of the sketch, I love it!

Kraut has a few good suggestions there. ;) One other thing I'd maybe do is add a second Defiler claw to replace the Grinder arm. You could always 'wrist mount' the weapons to the arm I just think the Defiler bits are a better scale. At the moment I feel it's a little unbalanced.

With the head I'd also maybe try and incorporate one of the knights face masks over the grinder head to look as if the Daemons bursting through everywhere. Just a couple of suggestions but enjoying your work on this and can't wait to see where you go with it.

One of my fears was definately that the grinder arm was to thin, so a second claw isn't a bad idea, perhaps I could make up a wrist mout for the sword that matches my dreadknight, May not work with a claw aswell but we will see

As for the mask, great minds certainly think alike haha it was already my plan to add a knights mask and I believe I have one picked out. This will, as you said add to the appearance of it tearing through the knight but also tie it in with my other two masked mechanicum

Thanks for your input guys, watch this space

looking great thus far 

as for the mask you could always do half a mask as the daemon is breaking through that

whatever you do i will be keen to see the outcome and commend you for taking on such a big conversion

looking great thus far 

as for the mask you could always do half a mask as the daemon is breaking through that

whatever you do i will be keen to see the outcome and commend you for taking on such a big conversion

This! Nusquam used the lower half of one of the Knight facemasks on his model, and to great effect. Something similar would probably work splendidly with the Grinder head.

The armour's looking good, although I have to say I'd rather paint the facemask in silver or bronze for a bigger contrast: It's quite obvious from the design that the mask isn't your average Astartes helmet, so I think the colour should reflect that difference as well.

Whoa, that was fast!

I agree that it's an improvement! I think you should darken down the mask with some black wash -- which you probably wanted to do anyway. Then you can go back an pick out some areas with a simple edge highlight in a lighter silver.

Oh, and on second thought, maybe those claws on the feet would look better in silver as well? As a fellow "red and bronze" painter, I've always found it a pretty huge challenge to decide when to stop with the bronze ;)

Keep up the great work!

Yeah had to test it before bed or I'd think about it too much haha, I have to admit while I painted the claws gold I thought it was a bit much that I shall do tomorrow though haha, cheers for the tips, as doe the wash etc, definately planned on that

Archived