Skrundles Chaos Kitbashes :- khorne daemon centaur

Skrundle87

I actually have a few thoughts about the head Skrundle, in regards to the horns and the teeth:

For the horns, depending on which one you use- to salt bend them so that they have more of a ram's horn look.  And to make it interesting, you could either have them cracked in places and exposing cable; as if the daemon engine is growing to protect its few vulnerabilities; or to have some wires hang around and even off of the horns like what occurs in nature with ram fur.

For the teeth, I would suggest rather than adding the bottom jaw hanging out, to instead sculpt a "head" under the mask, and to instead have long, needle like teeth poking out from the mask grills and/or visible underneath. I would imagine that could be constructed using icicle techniques with water effects.  You could even add creepy things like oil saliva dripping out of the face grill if you go that route.  Also, you'd be playing to the strengths of the sculpt, without adding an (in my opinion) unnecessary, disjointed  lower jaw that looks like the Violator from Spawn comics. 

Just some thoughts. 

I really like those ideas chaplain, I'm not cefrtain my sculpting skills are quite there however I don't intend on rushing this build so will most likely spend some long hours around the head when I get to it, cheers for the ideas

As for now here's ny newest additions, fiend exhaust stacks, which were harder to fit in than I thought but seem to work

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af171/skrundle87/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0582_zpss1xsmkur.jpg

And the horns I plan to use

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af171/skrundle87/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0581_zpstoq6fjdb.jpg

Things are progressing nicely, Skrundle.

So... the new head, it looks good... personally I was a fan of the Soul Grinder head, I think a daemonic head would fit better than a mechanised one?

Anyway, this one seems a little too large? Maybe it's the horns, cos they are massive!

The new shoulder pad... I like the larger inner rim-thing from whatever Chaos kit that's from (Warshrine?), it's similar to the Forgefiend shoulder pads that waybut I think the piece on the edge needs to be just the cool demonic face part and not the spikes - and maybe move it into the centre of the pad, if it overhangs the already large shoulder pad it will probably look too large.

Critiques aside - it looks great!

Cheers man, I did want to keep the grinder head but the only issue I had there was it didn't tuck in right, also I wanted a masked look to match my other work, as for the horns I think once it's assemble abd the shoulders and arms are on it'll bulk it up and look good.

I was thinking of just putting the face on, I was just hoping it wouldn't look tacked on so with the spikes around it it's meant to look Luke that you know? But yeah I'm gonna muck about with it summore

And cheers Jeff, I agree

I'd say the chains hang a few trophies maybe? Just looks alot less forced kinda like it's trying to hard to be choas as the head and the other shoulder show that really well :) less is more and all that!

Like your stuff. For plasticard, if you can't find it(the only store here that has it wants an arm & a leg for the stuff), try plastic For Sale signs or For Rent signs. It a little thin but you could glue 2 or 3 layers together for the thickness you want.

Instead of plastic card, you can use thin cardboard - same thickness as cereal boxes - and paint it over with a PVA glue/water mix after you glue it down. It dries to the same hardness as plastic card and is heaps cheaper.

First shoulder pad with the daemon face looks good with the small changes you've made.

For that second shoulder pad, ditch the spikes, stick with the chains but get a sacrficial Loyalist space marine and crucify him with the chains - that'll teach 'em, Loyalist scum!

Archived