The Bonds of Brotherhood (update: Moritat)

Larkyn

Those heavy bolter legionnaires are freaking mean looking, that's for sure- the sternguard HBs are perfect for the running pose you've achieved.  

Have you tried pre-bandaging the finger or wearing gloves before trimming mold lines?  I remember to do it about every other time I am trimming something- but it's better to look goofy at the table with a pre-game bandage on your hand, than to actually need the thing and lose precious hobby time waiting for your fingers to heal from all the little knicks and cuts.  

Hah, yeah that's actually exactly what I do as well. I'm left handed, though so I have a little semi-permanent scar on my right thumb from where I've hacked it open so many times. I keep a little roll of athletic tape right next to my hobby table just to "pre-wrap" like chap suggested. Does wonders!

Also, can't wait to see some paint on these guys. I need to get my own heavy support team off the ground, so I'm waiting to be suitably inspired ^_^

Yeah, I go through a roll a week from weightlifting and occasional boxing so I always have some lying around!

And I'll second Forte. *NEVER* keep using a crappy dull blade just to get a few more days out of it. You can get 100 exacto blades for $8 online, there's no excuse to try and save old ones for longer than necessary. You'll just end up stabbing something vital. 

Yeah, I go through a roll a week from weightlifting and occasional boxing so I always have some lying around!

And I'll second Forte. *NEVER* keep using a crappy dull blade just to get a few more days out of it. You can get 100 exacto blades for $8 online, there's no excuse to try and save old ones for longer than necessary. You'll just end up stabbing something vital. 

I just build up Scar tissue like a Blood Pact Etogaur. 

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/45334013_zpsfe60411d.jpg

They are mold lines and flash on plastic and resin components you should try using different tools to remove them if you are injuring yourself with an e-xacto knife.  You should be using this: Citadel Clean-up Kit to remove mold lines and some small high quality sanding sticks.  A blade should be your last resort for hard to reach places and then you should be scraping with it not cutting towards yourself.  It seems like using the right tool for the job and being more safety conscious would go a long way here.

Legionary Lukas Ghent stared out over the valley, towards the approaching warriors of the XIX Legion. At the given signal, they were to open fire, raining death upon the Loyalist scum. Ghent didn't feel anything. His years of traveling across the stars after the disbanding of the XI Legion, and the years since with the VIII, had erased any thoughts of pity, remorse, and guilt.
They would die, and he would live. That's all there was to it. Nothing else mattered.
"Be ready for the signal, lads, and I won't have to knock your skulls around," his sergeant, Balsek Tohv growled.
The collective individuals of First Claw murmured their affirmatives, as uniform as their own scavenged power armour.
A flare zipped up, over the black fortress that the Warmaster had claimed as his bastion. The signal.
"DEATH TO LOYALISTS! DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!" a hundred thousand voices screamed out.

I'll have a model update later on tonight. Promise.

EDIT: This had been one of the only times I've ever actually cut myself using the xacto.

I have the mold line scraper, but, honestly, I don't really like it that much.

I did promise a model update, but this is one that no one expected, least of all me.

Here is a serious WIP shot Test Model:

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss32/Hellghast/DSCN1568_zps524ed1c4.jpg

Want to know what it is? Check it out on Friday Night, or, I suppose Saturday morning for ye English peoples. (I'm Eastern Time US). It is in keeping with my Bonds of Brotherhood theme, that's all I'll tell you for now.

Also, I just realized I fethed up the Rotor cannon dude. As sergeants cannot take a special weapon. Grrrr. Oh well, he's now a basic Legionary.

I just made my 2nd Forge World order of this month. When it arrives, I'll have my first Terror Squad. The idea is to have each of them be modeled uniquely. I've already had the idea of using Mk3 guys for one, and this new order contains the second.

I also picked up something for the new project too. We'll get to that soon enough, though.

Tonight's project is assembly. More Marines equals more fun!

Great work!

The running MkV marine with the heavy bolter is an excellent pose! I really like the contradiction of heavy weapon/running pose - I have done a similar one with the Lascannon, but yours I like better! :D

Excellent! :tu:

Smaller than a titan, but larger than volkites. I'm not sure if its the same size as a glaive.

Anyway EWQATGFJOIAHLIEDUHGAOLIIS!!!!!!

NOW they release the Mk2 and Mk3 command sets...after I go and make my order. Well, I sense another one coming up soon...

Archived