++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

Tested Curze out with a couple of helms, people on my thread seem to be voting 2:2.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/image.jpg7_zps5mcjh33c.jpg

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/image.jpg8_zps2fc3asbp.jpg

Votes?

1, As per Graham McNeill's The Dark King, "He crossed the chamber and placed his hand on the skull-faced helmet. The gem-like facets of its lenses winked in the low light and the sweeping dark wings rose from its sides like the pinions of some avenging angel of night."

1, As per Graham McNeill's The Dark King, "He crossed the chamber and placed his hand on the skull-faced helmet. The gem-like facets of its lenses winked in the low light and the sweeping dark wings rose from its sides like the pinions of some avenging angel of night."

Thank you Haakon, I must have missed that passage :/

1 it probably is...unless I find another Sevatar helm? Or would that look off with the large tall wings?

Edit

Or I might just magnetize it :P

Edited by Aeternas

• 2 weeks later...

I'm both happy and ashamed to say that after the most ridiculously long leave of absence I've ever taken from an online community that I actually care for, I'M BACK!!!

I must say I've missed this despicable lot of cut throats something fierce and I intend to keep up on the boards as best I can.

The last few months of my silence have been an extremely trying time but I'm proud to say I've weathered the storm and emerged stronger than ever!

Sooo if you remember me, hello! If you don't, hello!

*drops the excited expression and returns to contemplative moodiness*

I'm both happy and ashamed to say that after the most ridiculously long leave of absence I've ever taken from an online community that I actually care for, I'M BACK!!!

I must say I've missed this despicable lot of cut throats something fierce and I intend to keep up on the boards as best I can.

The last few months of my silence have been an extremely trying time but I'm proud to say I've weathered the storm and emerged stronger than ever!

Sooo if you remember me, hello! If you don't, hello!

*drops the excited expression and returns to contemplative moodiness*

Welcome back to the darkness brother:smile.:

I would go straight with the Atrapos...but that's just my preference.

Are you choosing between Cerastus chassis' or normal as well?

Are you looking for a knight to complement your force, a knight to look cool(all of them really) or a knight to fit in with a NL fluffy theme?

I would go straight with the Atrapos...but that's just my preference.

Are you choosing between Cerastus chassis' or normal as well?

Are you looking for a knight to complement your force, a knight to look cool(all of them really) or a knight to fit in with a NL fluffy theme?

Currently just looking at those the GW offers for budget purposes. I agree they all look cool as well. And mostly this is to build and paint (and occasionally field) a knight

The first question to ask is "what role needs a Knight to be filled in my army."

The quickest way to be disappointed in a new knight is to include him just 'cause. Think up a couple of army lists leaving 400-ish points free, then look over them and see what purpose that knight would be used for if you added him in.

Lacking anti-infantry firepower (kinda unlikely but hey...)? Try out a Paladin with a rapid fire battle cannon. Vehicles giving you issues? An Errant with a multi-krak missile launcher fits the bill.

Excellent points Flint!

It looks like the GW offerings seem to include several weapons so magnets seem a must which is easy enough.

I think I'd like something with some heavy dakka that could universally kill both vehicles (my priority) and infantry. 30k has access to some insane vehicle options and I'd like to know I could handle them. Unless CC is the better option of killing something like a Spartan...although fliers are also a concern

Four D hits ignoring flareshields in cc are always going to be the best option for killing a spartan, especially on the super quick knight platform.

If flyers are a concern though, a 30k knight is probably not going to the best option to fill that gap. A styrix or castigator with the Arbalester upgrade can manage it (pretty well since they have tank hunter too), but that requires a much heavier investment in at least an allied knight list.

Four D hits ignoring flareshields in cc are always going to be the best option for killing a spartan, especially on the super quick knight platform.

If flyers are a concern though, a 30k knight is probably not going to the best option to fill that gap. A styrix or castigator with the Arbalester upgrade can manage it (pretty well since they have tank hunter too), but that requires a much heavier investment in at least an allied knight list.

Now is that any knight with a CCW capable of dealing that type of damage or a specific weapon? And if so, which?

As you can see I'm pretty unfamiliar with any knights or their armaments.