++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

Hail Brethren,

I have returned to the VIII Legion! (Now that Real life is stable again)

I return with purpose and a goal this time, I wish to build a Bleeding Eye Raptor Cult force. After my departure from 40k I realised I missed my Raptors the most and therefore I ask for help putting together a list and ideas for looks worthy of a Bleeding Eye Cult.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/315487-help-with-fluffy-bleeding-eye-raptor-cult-1500pts-unbound/

Ahhh it feels good to be back amongst killers and the smell of the skinning pits.

Noctem

Edited by Noctem Cultor

Four D hits ignoring flareshields in cc are always going to be the best option for killing a spartan, especially on the super quick knight platform.

If flyers are a concern though, a 30k knight is probably not going to the best option to fill that gap. A styrix or castigator with the Arbalester upgrade can manage it (pretty well since they have tank hunter too), but that requires a much heavier investment in at least an allied knight list.

Now is that any knight with a CCW capable of dealing that type of damage or a specific weapon? And if so, which?

As you can see I'm pretty unfamiliar with any knights or their armaments.

Yep, every single 30k knight besides the Castigator has a Str D close combat weapon.

Hail Brethren,

I have returned to the VIII Legion! (Now that Real life is stable again)

I return with purpose and a goal this time, I wish to build a Bleeding Eye Raptor Cult force. After my departure from 40k I realised I missed my Raptors the most and therefore I ask for help putting together a list and ideas for looks worthy of a Bleeding Eye Cult.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/315487-help-with-fluffy-bleeding-eye-raptor-cult-1500pts-unbound/

Ahhh it feels good to be back amongst killers and the smell if the skinning pits.

Noctem

Welcome home, brother.

Four D hits ignoring flareshields in cc are always going to be the best option for killing a spartan, especially on the super quick knight platform.

If flyers are a concern though, a 30k knight is probably not going to the best option to fill that gap. A styrix or castigator with the Arbalester upgrade can manage it (pretty well since they have tank hunter too), but that requires a much heavier investment in at least an allied knight list.

Now is that any knight with a CCW capable of dealing that type of damage or a specific weapon? And if so, which?

As you can see I'm pretty unfamiliar with any knights or their armaments.

Yep, every single 30k knight besides the Castigator has a Str D close combat weapon.

Gah! Wickeddd

I believe it was mentioned they wore midnight blue, no mention of VIII Legion markings, although IIRC, Lucorypheus is the only one mentioned to actually have been VIII Legion, but that doesn't mean the others weren't, so personal discretion IMHO. Other than that, daemonic masks with blood tears were the only other defining features. Lucorypheus had a silver one so I guess that's the mark of being the "pack alpha".

I believe it was mentioned they wore midnight blue, no mention of VIII Legion markings, although IIRC, Lucorypheus is the only one mentioned to actually have been VIII Legion, but that doesn't mean the others weren't, so personal discretion IMHO. Other than that, daemonic masks with blood tears were the only other defining features. Lucorypheus had a silver one so I guess that's the mark of being the "pack alpha".

Interesting now you mention it that is true I don't remember them specifying any other member as Night Lords (or True Night Lords as the case may be). The helmet was the only thing I could remember I'm wondering if Packs each mostly belong to their own Legion in origin. It will make for more interesting painting that's for sure. Warp weather battered armour will be the way forward I think, paint pealing off to reveal the natural colours should bond the Cult.

Edited by Noctem Cultor

Hmmm, I'd wager no. Remember, the mentality introduced in Blood Reaver was(paraphrased) "Raptor first, Cult second, Legion(or warband) third." So I'd say that any "packs" of the Bleeding Eyes Cult would "belong" to the Bleeding Eyes and as such, would actually be rather uniform in coloration and such. Now, that said, since the individual is primary, they might retain some sort of mark or color that shows their Legion/Chapter/Warband of choice and the pack as a whole might do something similar if they all came from the same warband originally, or even to signify a warband they had close relations to. But again, personal discretion rules out.

Hmmm, I'd wager no. Remember, the mentality introduced in Blood Reaver was(paraphrased) "Raptor first, Cult second, Legion(or warband) third." So I'd say that any "packs" of the Bleeding Eyes Cult would "belong" to the Bleeding Eyes and as such, would actually be rather uniform in coloration and such. Now, that said, since the individual is primary, they might retain some sort of mark or color that shows their Legion/Chapter/Warband of choice and the pack as a whole might do something similar if they all came from the same warband originally, or even to signify a warband they had close relations to. But again, personal discretion rules out.

Kol your a star, mixed Legion bits for this Cult then (always wanted to do a mash up). Of course the Bleeding Eye Cult I'll be building follow the Prophets (Talos/Decimus) orders currently so they are temporary Night Lords if not originally Midnight Clad.

Hey all, I made an MS paint tutorial on how I do my lightning as I've seen some brothers that feel a bit intimidated, but I want to show it's easy and can look really good from a tabletop point 

I generally use fortress grey for my lightning, only highlighting the connecting parts with white on large areas (so vehicles mostly). Feel free to stop at any part of the process that has enough lightning for you.

Step 1

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq14/ClarenceofThomas/lightning%201_zpscwlh4rhw.png

Step 2

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq14/ClarenceofThomas/lightning%202_zpswmz3qkdn.png

Step 3

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq14/ClarenceofThomas/lightning%203_zpsqe40ai9l.png

Step 4

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq14/ClarenceofThomas/lightning%204_zps6mxuabxl.png

Step 5

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq14/ClarenceofThomas/lightning%205_zpszkhuekxx.png

Step 6

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq14/ClarenceofThomas/lightning%206_zps9xhnxkq1.png

Step 7

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq14/ClarenceofThomas/lightning%207_zpso2pmgi6y.png

Step 8

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq14/ClarenceofThomas/lightning%208_zpsd2eqxujv.png

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

That's going to be potentially really helpful.

Hey y'all after a long break from heresy due to the space marine codex release not making Black Templars suck I've been away from the boys in blue but now with the lamas tic heresy sparking my interest I'm back. Its been a while and I'm back, (and in true That one marshal style) with questions!

So one thing that was pretty well hammered into me when I was asking about the legions is that most legions could almost any type of warfare and you shouldn't stereotype each legion. So, after watching Band of Brothers ( after reading the great book of course) and watching Saving Private Ryan again, I've been really in the mood for some mass infantry action with big blobs of tactical supported by fast tanks and artillery. Either that or maybe a mechanized force that uses blitzkrieg tactics to create mass confusion in the enemy. I've also been wanting a legion with a more professional army. By that I mean it behaves as an army not as individual warriors and is more duty over honor. Now of course this completely goes against Night lords way of warfare. We are hunters and psychopaths not war sages and great tacticians. At least that's what I originally thought.

So would I be better going with a more vanilla legion like Imperial Fists or Ultramarines or do you think it could be done by the Night lords?

Also quick question where can I find the new ADB shorts that he released like Massacre?

Edited by ThatOneMarshal

I would say that yes it can be done. The motivation coming to mind are the Russians from Black Lagoon anime, who were a former Russian Army unit turned mafia organization following Afghanistan.

EDIT: Also try the Godfather. Remember, there it was the "Godfather", his lieutenants, and then everyone under them, much like a traditional hierarchy. Not all criminal groupings are just thugs running together like a pack of wild dogs.

Edited by Kol Saresk

I think a nice, cohesive NL army would leave some great options for writing. Whether it be Terrans whom, although criminals, thought the new Nostraman recruits were nuts and hated how they operated and therefore became more strict. Or just a genuinely disciplined Captain who exerted total control over his men.

Loads of ways to justify running them in a way different than "a group of mass murderers".

You know you picked the wrong dark blue space marines (War Hounds) when you listen to Do you believe in magic? and your brain replace 'magic' with 'murder.'

~Yeah, do you believe in murder
Yeah, believe in the murder of a killer's soul
Believe in the murder as the heads roll
Believe in the murder that can set you free
Ohh, talking 'bout murder~

Still, that Music ist catchy...

Funny enough, I was thinking about the statement in the HH books (II?) how the WE were renowed for their armoured assaults to justify the idea brought up in ThatoneMarshal's post. If Angron's boys can pull that one off, the VIIIth can pass it with flying colours

( Or at least some freshly skinned flappies...)

Thanks for the help, I'm planning a potentially a mass infantry list for my company. Does anyone know how we could night lordify a trench warfare type army? I really like the idea though I'm unsure how to do it in a night lord type manner.

So I really like the idea of a professional soldiers group in my night lords and have been starting to dig the ways of the Terran night lords, who caused fear for a tactical purpose, not just because they enjoyed. Do any terrans survive isstavan at all? Would it be plausible for any to have survived?

Also does anyone know where to find those night lords shorts by ADB? Are they on the warhammer app?

There was actually a pretty interesting Night Lords list at the last ANZAC cup that was kinda a Seige warfare idea.

Was a pretty standard Terror Assault but used a Medusa battery for the heavy support option.

Even though they are awesomely effective, Terror Assault lists tend to be very near identical. You don't need a very big change to make your own unique.