++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

Wow, you guys are a lot more supportive than I thought you'd be about the idea. Awesome! Not a big fan of the skin pelts personally, but the skulls seems right up my alley. My GK/NL are going to be a lot cleaner though.

I use celesta grey for my skulls, well any white markings. If your going to do lightening, I've found less is more, use a blue with white as a hi-light for points where bits intersect or brake

(I'm new to the NL to so this comes from recent experience)

So here's the link. For the skull part of it skip top about 19 1/2 minutes in and that's how i do mine 

That's your tutorial?! It's the exact method I use to paint my NL!

@Black_out  re LEDs:

So.....question.....have any of you ever added LED's to any of your models? Specifically vehicles in this case, and specifically a Fire Raptor for anyone wondering.
Not all that long ago a fully decked out Storm Eagle slipped through my grasp by a very small margin on ebay and since then I've become really fascinated with adding some lighting to my models. If any of you have some experience I'd be happy to listen!

I am about to post pics of my Heldrake with it's LED.  My Heldrake wip posting gives a good guide on how I could have done better.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303084-night-lords-heldrake-and-maybe-more-work-in-progress/

If you're of the airbrush persuasion as well, it might pay to wait a while, at least until the warhammer world grand re-opening as it was said at the HH weekender that air paints are going to be released for all 18 legions, it's something I'm going to be asking the FW guys about at least.

Honestly though, I'm astounded by the welcoming/helpfulness of you good murderous folk! I had more cries of "Heresy" when I posed the idea to the GKs than here. Might be just be the right choice after all!

Also imagine sinners red on some of those SA troops!

That would actually be super fluffy whether they were professional military or criminal inductees. 

The Sinner's Red signifies someone who's time is measured in how much longer they are useful. Sounds perfect for a bunch of human auxilla :D

So here's the link. For the skull part of it skip top about 19 1/2 minutes in and that's how i do mine 

**SNIP**

Sweet! I'm pinning that.

SyNidus, on 19 Mar 2015 - 05:47 AM, said:

Honestly though, I'm astounded by the welcoming/helpfulness of you good murderous folk! I had more cries of "Heresy" when I posed the idea to the GKs than here. Might be just be the right choice after all!

Haha, of course. 

S'why it's the cool kids' club. :cool.:

we'll just let you build up your case of heresy and sharpen our flensing knives in the meantime:tongue.:

So long as you don't plan on emptying the skinning pits

@Oxskull: you doing a counts-as NL BA list?

@SyNidus: Fully half of the forces followed Horus. Solar Auxilia not excluded. So yes, it is heresy, but hey, that's what makes us the cool kids. Also, BTs and GKs have banner poles up their.... rear armour plates so far you'd think they're attached to their backpacks. ;) Not here. The skinning pits is where it's at. :D

Wait a minute, we have to burn them empty eventually. I know I'm not digging any more pits.

Let them dig their own graves, silly.
Who needs graves when we can decorate our armour with basically every part of their corpses? Edited by The Psycho

@Oxskull: you doing a counts-as NL BA list?

@SyNidus: Fully half of the forces followed Horus. Solar Auxilia not excluded. So yes, it is heresy, but hey, that's what makes us the cool kids. Also, BTs and GKs have banner poles up their.... rear armour plates so far you'd think they're attached to their backpacks. :wink: Not here. The skinning pits is where it's at. :biggrin.:

@augustus at the minute, i'm just painting at moment and liked the look of the stormtalon, If i ever get chance to play, no groups nearby i'll probably do a counts as list.