++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

The FW Astral Claws Terminator Shoulder Pads has a pretty nice Lions Head pad in the set. But, 9.50 pounds for 1 pad? you could probably do better elsewhere.

Yeah originally when I though of doing some altramentar I though about using the astral claws terminator pads because I figured their Schtick is lions. Turns out only one pad sadly. I really like scibors stuff I really like the templar bitz they have.

A question yay or nay on bat ears on terminators? These will be the regular terminator whatever they are called.

Forge World caused a bit of a problem for me with this. Everything after Sevatar's saber tooth skull is just kinda lackluster to me :sad.:

yeah i feel you, the beautiful bastard's pad destroyed my Atramentar plans:furious:

Edited by Wicced

Forge World caused a bit of a problem for me with this. Everything after Sevatar's saber tooth skull is just kinda lackluster to me :(

After you said that I'm not looking at sevaters pad anymore. I WANT TO ENJOT MY PADS!!!! Also just realized he has precognition instead of prescience. Biiiiiiiigg difference.

So it looks like for my forgeworld order I'm getting a deredo. I'll need to do some minor converting because I will not use it like that. Anyone have any ideas? My first idea was to use etched brass but we don't have any. Then I was thinking transfers... Oh wait we don't have any from forgeworld. I was thinking to mimic the night lords contemptor. I'll need to figure out how to do a skull Helmet on that thing and do some "trophies" on his torso. Also what should he be Next to on the base? I was thinking a dreadnought. Or a pile of bodies if I can figure out how to do that one.

The lack of brass or transfers is real annoying sometimes -_- damn it FW.

For skull helmet,

http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/Skull-Helmets

For trophies, if you just want skulls

http://www.zealotminiatures.co.uk/shop.php#!/Bag-of-Skulls-40/p/32828508/category=6272033

Else you could probably use the zombie kit or parts for more recent trophies.

If you wanted them hanging on something

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Modelling-Supplies/SMALL-LINK-CHAIN.html

For base, maybe use one of these?

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Space-Marine-Casualties

I'll look around to see if there is any way to get our symbol without gs on that small size

Ah, here. You could just trim the shields down to the bare icons and put them on shoulders or chest with gs.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Von-Carstein-Upgrade-Pack

So it looks like for my forgeworld order I'm getting a deredo. I'll need to do some minor converting because I will not use it like that. Anyone have any ideas? My first idea was to use etched brass but we don't have any. Then I was thinking transfers... Oh wait we don't have any from forgeworld. I was thinking to mimic the night lords contemptor. I'll need to figure out how to do a skull Helmet on that thing and do some "trophies" on his torso. Also what should he be Next to on the base? I was thinking a dreadnought. Or a pile of bodies if I can figure out how to do that one.

I made tons of Symbols from the NL upgrade kit and a large skull. Check my WIP thread here and here for details. The first page should give you some ideas.

Also, apart from the linkies Aeternas posted, and except for the zealot skulls (which I didn't know about, thanks Aeternas!!), there's better and cheaper material to be found elsewhere.

I find those skull helmets from Anvil Industries not really fitting the GW style. Better make your own with this awesome tutorial from Ron or buy the FW NL helmet set, which has an excellent skull head.

Aeternas, you almost made me suspect you work for the FW sales team ;), because the FW chain link is a total rip-off: it's 18,33 times as expensive as the chain link you can buy here. Yes, more than EIGHTEEN times. It costs GBP5,5 per 20 cm, while the guy in the link sells for GBP1,5 per meter.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

I made tons of Symbols from the NL upgrade kit and a large skull. Check my WIP thread here and here for details. The first page should give you some ideas.

Also, apart from the linkies Aeternas posted, and except for the zealot skulls (which I didn't know about, thanks Aeternas!!), there's better and cheaper material to be found elsewhere.

I find those skull helmets from Anvil Industries not really fitting the GW style. Better make your own with this awesome tutorial from Ron or buy the FW NL helmet set, which has an excellent skull head.

Aeternas, you almost made me suspect you work for the FW sales team :wink:, because the FW chain link is a total rip-off: it's 18,33 times as expensive as the chain link you can buy here. Yes, more than EIGHTEEN times. It costs GBP5,5 per 20 cm, while the guy in the link sells for GBP1,5 per meter.

Hope this helps!

np bout the skulls, I best priced pack I've come across browsing.

As to the chain, :laugh.: they give me a bonus for each one they sell :wink:   but thx for the chain link, hadn't seen them. Thanks man

Has anyone tried these? they come in large, medium, and small and with the addition of wings may be useful as symbols, if you don't feel like going for the whole rhino doors for one skull.

I was actually riiiight about to ask if anyone has used those yet lol. They seem to be a good to use for to deredo for the chest. The problem is were to put it on the chest. DAMN YOU DEREDO WITH YOUR CURVED LINES!!! Honestly that one of the reasons I like the boxiness of imperial vehicles. More flat spaces to put things on. For wings thank you augustes I'll use some of those you posted in the link. I saw the night lords upgrade pack winged helmets again and they are humongous. I think the hardest part will be to do the chains and fit the skulls on them. Shoot I drill a hole thorough the skull and put the chain around that? The last thing I need to do is make the deredos head skull looking. If anyone has any good ideas for the deredo helmet I'm all ears. I might just paint the helmet like this. http://s35.photobucket.com/user/mkruijff/media/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/TALOS%20TWO%204_zpsxsfpfrkd.jpg.html

Thanks Aeternes and augustes for the links. I'll get to it.

Marshal, I think to fit it you'll probably just have to play around with gs, damn the shape of the dread ay ;) Have to say, startled me a little with the design, doesn't look blocky enough -_-

Wicced, I've been following your thread, some lovely conversions in there, though I might 'liberate' that Chain weapon idea. Liberate, I swear, not steal :P I'll pop over In a bit to sample this fluff, always love a nice bloody story before I eat, lol

Pirokoksik, that art is lovely o_0 nice attention to detail, though I'll let Flint be the true judge ;) do especially like the Lil bat wings on the collar, nice touch :)

Wicced, I've been following your thread, some lovely conversions in there, though I might 'liberate' that Chain weapon idea. Liberate, I swear, not steal :tongue.: I'll pop over In a bit to sample this fluff, always love a nice bloody story before I eat, lol

thanks brother! as for the chain weapon i assume you mean either the chain tonfas or the nostraman chainwhip, and in both cases "from my cold dead hands" ;)

did you like the fluff?

Wicced, I've been following your thread, some lovely conversions in there, though I might 'liberate' that Chain weapon idea. Liberate, I swear, not steal :P I'll pop over In a bit to sample this fluff, always love a nice bloody story before I eat, lol

thanks brother! as for the chain weapon i assume you mean either the chain tonfas or the nostraman chainwhip, and in both cases "from my cold dead hands" ;)

did you like the fluff?

I'm sure that can be arranged brother, I hear the murder duels this time of year are truly to die for ;)

I loved the fluff, can never get enough of the NL doing what they do best :) still thinking on ship names, need one for myself as well

How's it going everyone?

I've recently started building a 30k force and was pointed to the Murderer's Call.

I'm still in the middle of figuring out my fluff, but I will definitely update with Company info for collaboration.

Ave Dominus Nox!

Just to mark that 40K has not been forgotten here, I am planning a Chosen squad with a difference. Whatever GW are up to, I have to admire the work of their sculptors and artists. Although it is in Finecast, I particularly like the dynamic pose of this one - image from the packaging:

gallery_23461_6457_24209.jpg

However, this guy really needed to be in Midnight Clad, so here goes:

gallery_23461_1861_83965.jpg

Some extra pics are posted in Belthzar's collection (from my link here).

Edited by Psykic_scribe

He looks good as is: great conversion work on the shoulder pad and the bunny ears. He could use some highlights on the armour stil, as well as some metal and wash on the rubber in the inner joints. :) 

Also: finecast is NOT what it used to be: GW fired the entire first production team for doing a :cuss job, and the new team made it infinitely better. The detail is great, almost no bubbles anymore, nowarpage when heated by the sun, and most importabtly: it holds paint like the best surface possible and super glue makes bonds like a leech in heat. I have zero complaints about the recent finecast products. :tu: