++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

MK IV plate is my preferred for my squads because like Flint said, terror squads are based on it plus I find that it seems the most streamlined / stealthy of those available to them during the great crusade

I have yet to purchase Heresy Era Night Lords (waiting on these plastic rumours to be confirmed/denied) but I'm currently thinking of Mark III plate as the 106th is primarily a support formation. I'm considering adding the limited edition Iron Warrior Centurion as a Siege Master who has been seconded to the Grand Company in order to train it for long term Siege and Support Operations...

The Night Lords were among the best supplied legions during the GC, so perhaps most of them wore MkIV. But there's something to be said about the fear-inducing, hulking MkIII plate. Imagine being charged by an astartes in that brute battle plate!!!

Hail Brothers, and Sisters.

After 5 years decided what the hell, lets go back to Wh40k, so here I am. And thus, for my first attempt, I'm going with the Lords of the Night.

The former 101st company of the VIII Legion once more prepares to be in midnight clad.

Designation : Eternities Sorrow

Leader : Lucifex Aeterna, Shadowlord of the Eye

Will try and post pics of my first two WIP models as soon as I know how to, would like some CnC

Edited by Aeternas

Hail Brothers, and Sisters.

After 5 years decided what the hell, lets go back to Wh40k, so here I am. And thus, for my first attempt, I'm going with the Lords of the Night.

The former 101st company of the VIII Legion once more prepares to be in midnight clad.

Designation : Eternities Sorrow

Leader : Lucifex Aeterna, Shadowlord of the Eye

Will try and post pics of my first two WIP models as soon as I know how to, would like some CnC

welcome brother aeternas WIP will be well received and well C&C'd

Alright, here is my *tentative* effort back in. So far we have 60% of Dp (name undecided)

Two members, almost complete of second claw

One very WIP member of sixth claw.

My apologies for general lack of skulls and symbols, looking to get some pads at the weekend.

And I am sorry for picture quality.

11117860_900050750054877_654756063_n.jpg11129372_900050806721538_2052376742_n.jp11101664_900050833388202_1572001893_n.jp11137020_900050946721524_107751399_n.jpg11116179_900050726721546_1082535231_n.jp11145971_900051273388158_1979944745_n.jp11136829_900051246721494_1442586997_n.jp

Well, on second sight, those where far too large. I will have to work out how to post pictures properly now :mellow.:

But that's my WIP so far

Welcome to Terror party.:biggrin.:

Your raptor wip is my favourite so far. Also, the fiery fistful of the daemon prince is a superb effect.

On the niggles side, I would have preferred less lightning on the daemon prince - looks more like Chinese porcelain than a random energy release? Sorry to hit out on work that takes a lot of care to put together.  

On the niggles side, I would have preferred less lightning on the daemon prince - looks more like Chinese porcelain than a random energy release?

No need to apologise, I completely understand what you're talking about

The lightning effects are the main thing I hate right now, as I kinda just start, and 5 min later realise I've overdone it. Im looking at improving the lightning by doing less (as you suggest) and more, well, lightning like, ie main branches with smaller ones coming off.

But thanks for the advice and review

The fire was an evening of frustration and green stuff, originally there was going to be a fleshy GK helmet, but that seems to have made itself scarce -_-

Those are a good start to an epic Night Lords force.

Some points: Lightning works best if done very sparingly, very subtle, and very thin. As in tops one per armour plate, one main 'branch' and max two 'branches' coming off it, and mixing a white and a light blue with water on a 1:1:2 base and then using your thinnest thinnest brunch. :tu: 

Alright, here is my *tentative* effort back in. So far we have 60% of Dp (name undecided)

Two members, almost complete of second claw

One very WIP member of sixth claw.

My apologies for general lack of skulls and symbols, looking to get some pads at the weekend.

And I am sorry for picture quality.

11117860_900050750054877_654756063_n.jpg11129372_900050806721538_2052376742_n.jp11101664_900050833388202_1572001893_n.jp11137020_900050946721524_107751399_n.jpg11116179_900050726721546_1082535231_n.jp11145971_900051273388158_1979944745_n.jp11136829_900051246721494_1442586997_n.jp

Well, on second sight, those where far too large. I will have to work out how to post pictures properly now :mellow.:

But that's my WIP so far

I would like that post but I ran out if likes :(. Great stuff love the daemon prince and the fire in his hand. Only thing I can think of is to darken the flesh on the daemon prince also on the shoulder pad is that a post it note or flayed flesh? Keep up the good work but save some stuff for ETL.

Edited by ThatOneMarshal

For the Prince I was aiming to show he did have a nostraman heritage, rather than just deciding to tag along with my warband, so that was whey I went for an extremely pale skin tone. I'll look at finding a wash to slightly darken it, but thanks for the input :)

Defo a post it note ;) reminder to massacre some loyalists on thursday, and pick up some more Khorne flakes from the Warpmarket on the weekend. Otherwise the missus will be angry :biggrin.:

I'll see if I can make it more...flayed

I love that raptor.

I think I figured out my company

The 115th company "The Immortals". "Through hell, feet first"

Haven't figured out a cool name for who ever is in charge but they are traitor. They carry well into the 41 millennium and work with the black legion on their crusades. Minimal corruption. Have a good reputation with the dark mechanicum so have lots of pre heresy gear. Now for comabt tactics I like the idea of them during the great crusade being thrown against xenos foes who don't feel fear so they don't rely on it as much. The problem it have is figuring out is I want to do a siege force or a force that relys on shock and awe tactics with down guerilla warfare thrown in there.

It's funny, when I first saw the night lords I though batman with lots of raptors. After looking into them they are sooooo much more than that. No small part to ADBs excellent writing. I don't know if this happend to anyone else.

Also I just finished the second book and I was wondering is malcharion alive or is just his dreadnought kept?

The Raptor thanks you ;)

Liking the sound of your company, night lords that differ from the usual tactics will be...unique. Looking forward to seeing them, but then again fear inducing or not, you can never have too many skulls or flayed skin.

Your motto sounds very...raptor like, but that may just be my take on it.

I'll keep my eyes open

I love that raptor.

I think I figured out my company

The 115th company "The Immortals". "Through hell, feet first"

Haven't figured out a cool name for who ever is in charge but they are traitor. They carry well into the 41 millennium and work with the black legion on their crusades. Minimal corruption. Have a good reputation with the dark mechanicum so have lots of pre heresy gear. Now for comabt tactics I like the idea of them during the great crusade being thrown against xenos foes who don't feel fear so they don't rely on it as much. The problem it have is figuring out is I want to do a siege force or a force that relys on shock and awe tactics with down guerilla warfare thrown in there.

It's funny, when I first saw the night lords I though batman with lots of raptors. After looking into them they are sooooo much more than that. No small part to ADBs excellent writing. I don't know if this happend to anyone else.

Also I just finished the second book and I was wondering is malcharion alive or is just his dreadnought kept?

I'll add the Immortals to the roster as soon as I'm home from work today.

#midnightcladspoilers

Malcharion is still alive. He wins Void Stalker. Not just the battle but the entire book :D

Edited by Flint13

Hmm they seem to jot work for me either though they were working earlier.

I was wondering how do you guys paint your night lords? I've been liking augustes paint scheme but I would like to see the other options as well.

Also thanks about the war sage. He is one of my favorite characters in the series and I was sad to see him go after the fight Raul.

Edited by ThatOneMarshal