++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Daemon Prince (staring at his body's lower half, which was torn off when he ascended): "I did not feel THAT. Good thing I do not serve Slaanesh. Oh well, as a Servant of Nurgle, THAT part of my body was never as useful as it should have been."

The daemon prince is looking appropriately wicked!

I second that.

Ugh - I found out this week that having a lot of time on your hands isn't necessarily a good thing - it prevents you from being efficient and allows for endless sidetracks. I've been working on the five-man Plague Marine squad (base colours done now), the three PBCs (Base colours done), the Daemon Prince (started painting and the base colours are also done), but also went on to build more. 

Today, I finished my incarnation of Necrosius the Undying. The regular miniature that people often use, and which is now the basis of many (fan)artwork, is actually listed in the Forge World site as a Nurgle Chaos Space Marine Sorcerer. It's not necessarily Necrosius - although Necrosius's equipment is reflected in the miniature. So I decided to make my own, using the artwork as my guide, and the body of a Tallyman as a basis. Here's what I have so far:

Ea5JUag.jpg

qFVZtZS.jpg

What do you think? I'm pretty happy with his staff/force weapon, and find his backpack to be solid. Perhaps I'll sculpt some rags behind the fly icon on the banner, and perhaps have his mutation bursting out of his leg. Any other ideas are welcome of course!

Cheers,

Replies:

@ Midnight Runner: I filled the shoulder recesses in with pure milliput. 

@ Viridia: Cheers, buddy!

@ hushrong: Haha thanks! Wicked is what I was going for? :)

@ Bjorn Firewalker: qKAuL0B.gif

@ Hungry Nostraman Lion: Thanks! The Mourngul is a really cool miniature, indeed. 

@ DuskRaider: Lol, wel, you'll be glad to know then, that during painting, one of the cables fell off!

That DP is just straight up fantastic! It’s completely out of the norm for what we typically see with Nurgle, it’s quite refreshing. Can’t wait to see this bad boy painted up

That Necrosius is sweet too! I’m actually doing something very similar with that staff for my plaguecaster. How do you find it holds up? I’m worried mines going to come apart.

As ridiculous as this might sound, do you plan on doing anything with his bolt pistol? It just looks very clean compared to the rest of the model, though that could be fixed up with the paint job

Daemon Prince finished.

Finally, I finished something this week. I'm never doing multiple projects at the same time again, lol. 

Anyway, picture time!

J0JY5ET.jpg

MCuOxlX.jpg

GH8EIoz.jpg

And all the above picture separate, but in hidden brackets:

Hidden Content

5sBz8NC.jpg

3x9bju5.jpg

HRyt12A.jpg

JD4eHpL.jpg

6owzD2D.jpg

hdBr3Tp.jpg

I hope you like him! I admit that he doesn't comply with the regular Nurgle vibe, but I kinda like the different aesthetic. Anyway, let me know what you think! 

Comments with Critique and Curiosity appreciated!

Cheers!

Replies:

@ DuskRaider: You already did one? Where?? I must've missed it somehow. Linky please? Or tell me which page on your thread. :smile.:

@ Greenz: Thank you! I'm glad you like him so much and appreciate the 'out-of-the-box-iness' of the Nurgle DP. :smile.: About Necrosius' bol pistol: it comes straight out of the Plague Marine box, and has a maggot crawling out of its cartridge ejection port. That'll have to do. :wink:

@ Doghouse: Thanks! High praise from hallowed Doghouse!

@ ElDuderino: Cheers, buddy! Glad you like both of them. :smile.:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

In close to 200 pages of clever conversions, this one is one of the best. 

It captures an aspect of the god, that isn't seen in other deamons, which is good. Especially in the Daemon Princes.  

My only thought would be perhaps the skin could do with a glaze? I have been playing around with them since I watched the tip video on WHTV, it may help balance the contrast between the light grey highlights on the skin and the pinks of the flesh.  

Amazing DP topped off with an amazing paint job! :tu:

And yes, that’s my bad about the pistol. The bottom 3 pics of Necrosius didn’t load in my phone yesterday. Now I see which pistol it is, you’re very right lol

The speed at which you paint is unnatural, truly a gift from the Dark Gods.

As far as my Necrosius, it's pretty early in my thread. Third or fourth page, I think. It was before the codex was released and made from the Easy to Build kit. It hasn't aged well and I wasn't very happy with it to begin with.

Great Necrosius! Where is the staff tip from? I love Forgeworld's Nurgle stuff but feel the Necrosius model is a rare mis-step, something about his pose. I really like your version. I also really like Duskraider's, without realising it you've used the same head he did.

Your Daemon Prince is fantastic. I was a bit concerned it would look a bit too fantasy, or still like a mourn gul. But you've put the effort in to really cement him into the 40k universe. The plugs , bionic eye, shoulder pads, wires and backpack (brilliant idea to use the unturned chimneys btw) really sell him as a 40k Daemon Prince. Really great job and so unique. Scary too.

Cheers, guys!

@ Warsmith Uveron: Thank you! I guess that's a double compliment, and I much appreciate it :D About the glaze suggestion: I agree the skin looks like it needs it in the pictures, but that's because the contrast of the pictures is set quite high - I swear in real life it doesn't have that problem - I already gaze it a glaze of thinned Drakenhof Nightshade+Seraphim Sepia to remove the grainy effect of the drybrush and it worked... Thanks for the heads-up though! :tu:

@ hushrong: Well thanks buddy! And itchy is exactly the effect I was going for I guess? ;)

@ BCK: Yeah me too - I'm not great at sculpting muscles, but it worked - this time. Your work on and penned-down thoughts behind your croc-thirster were a great inspiration to me, and I learned a lot. Your recent GS work and tutorials have inspired me tostart really pushing my greenstuff sculpting, and I'm slowly becoming more confident in it. Cheers for that!

@ Greenz: Cheers, bro! Glad the bolt pistol is alright ;) Although to be fair - that one little grub is really the only thing that makes it 'nurgle'. I might want to put something extra on it... :tu:

@ DuskRaider: Haha dude relax - this guy is just a couple base colours with the drybrush, a couple washes and one drybrush each for the skin, the wings, the building and the base. The only real work was the metal parts and the cables. I think I'll spent more time painting Necrosius that this DP. I'm going to check out your Necrosius right now. 

@ Krakendoomcool: The staff is from top to bottom: A Plague Sword from the plague Marine kit (BCK was spot on), a power nodule cut from a Great Cleaver from the same kit (plus a claw thingy cut from an old CSM should pad), some green stuff with a paper clip core, and the stf from the Plague Bearer icon. :) Thanks!

@ Bjorn Firewalker: cheers, mate!

@ BCK: Yeah me too - I'm not great at sculpting muscles, but it worked - this time. Your work on and penned-down thoughts behind your croc-thirster were a great inspiration to me, and I learned a lot. Your recent GS work and tutorials have inspired me to start really pushing my greenstuff sculpting, and I'm slowly becoming more confident in it. Cheers for that!

I think being an inspiration to someone trying to push their sculpting skills is one of the best compliments I can get. :) I started my Photoshop college class this week and I was able to get a tremendous student discount on ALL of the Adobe CC programs, including the Premier video editing program which I think will be much easier to use than that free one I was stumbling around with so I can get that first video up and start working on some more. 

Sorry for the irregular updates here. I've returned to work after a vacation and everything has changed. Politics, it's like The Office sometimes. Or is it the other way around? :wink::biggrin.:

I did some work on finalizing the WiP of Necrosius. I added some blight grenades to a chain - it turns out, the ring on top of the grenade has a hole exactly the size of a 24LPI chain! :smile.: Also, he's now on 40mm - much more befitting a being of his stature.

eZaMhN2.jpg

SsIi9Zb.jpg

In addition, I've been hard at work filling what little hobby time I have painting these three PBCs:

DhwcZvC.jpg

As well as doing some base colouring of the above-posted Plague Marine Squad:

I0XxZdR.jpg

And lastly, I've had a stroke of inspiration for a third Winged Daemon Prince of Nurgle:

Kk2Dttu.jpg

Onwards.

Cheers.

Replies:

I think being an inspiration to someone trying to push their sculpting skills is one of the best compliments I can get. :smile.: I started my Photoshop college class this week and I was able to get a tremendous student discount on ALL of the Adobe CC programs, including the Premier video editing program which I think will be much easier to use than that free one I was stumbling around with so I can get that first video up and start working on some more. 

Looking forward to the video! I'm looking forward to guzzling up all that shared experience. Thanks for making the effort!

Hey pal, don't tell me to relax, I am relaxed! I said you were gifted by the Dark Gods... Just not as gifted as I am :biggrin.:

I'll tell you what I feel like! :tongue.:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Wow, Necrosius looks fantastic, all the attention given to the little extra details such as the studs and nails through the parchments bring him from a solid conversion up to a cracking piece of work.

The finished Daemon Prince is stunning, it was great seeing it progress from the humble beginnings to the very 40k beast he is now. The mottled skin is particularly good.