Shattered Legions : Vulkan Lives! Edition... (new scheme)

Overall it looks good, but a slight twist of the torso to the guy swinging the punch and rotate the powerfist about 45 degrees. Also if the standard bearer is knocked back swing the legs a little towards the Ultramarine. Without the twist in the waist the Ultra is a bit static and is in more of a bro fist pose, maybe also lower the plasma pistol rm to give it a look that he is really swinging.

Standing sword guy is epic.

Sorry if I seem over critical :(

Overall it looks good, but a slight twist of the torso to the guy swinging the punch and rotate the powerfist about 45 degrees. Also if the standard bearer is knocked back swing the legs a little towards the Ultramarine. Without the twist in the waist the Ultra is a bit static and is in more of a bro fist pose, maybe also lower the plasma pistol rm to give it a look that he is really swinging.

Standing sword guy is epic.

Sorry if I seem over critical :(

Not at all, constructive criticism is best criticism

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe a was of Drakenhoff to give it a bit more depth of colour? Hell maybe even a Green Wash?

Other than that maybe a few more coats of Nuln oil to differentiate it from Iron Warriors?

• 2 weeks later...

The new scheme looks good, I like the steel colour of it.  I would stick with red pads on both sides to make them pop a bit.

Plus when you are not looking I can put yellow stripes on it and help to find your true path to the Iron Warriors.

Loving the brushed steel look!!! Will these guys be at the bash?

The iron Hands Cometh, old and new!

The big problem with brushed steel is that people refer to them as Iron Warriors, even though my tone is very dark.

Do you guys see the same issue?

Im biased in that I know your not one of the spineless cowards of the IVth so I cant say tongue.png

I don't... mainly no hazard stripes and two coggy (is that a word?). Also it makes me think of the forgeworld iron hands artwork in the black books. They have the same kinda hue.

I second Slips.... But we share the same bias. FOR DORN!!!

What about a 50/50 mix of black and leadbelcher for a really really dark metal.

Almost a metallic black, or a metallic graphite grey colour...

Wikll test that out.

I will try a squad.

Why not try it on a veteran or a support/specialty squad so it's more special, if that makes sense.

\

Was thinking about it for destroyers, they would stand out as pariahs.

So being undecided yet, I went and quickly painted a squad of 5 marines with the brushed steel. Please keep in mind that it still needs another 2 coats of wash to darken the plate a bit more, but the gist of it is there.

First is Classic Iron Hands, Second is brushed steel as shown in the forgeworld Heresy books.

gallery_71633_9312_81644.jpg

gallery_71633_9312_62021.jpg

Archived