Shattered Legions : Vulkan Lives! Edition... (new scheme)

I like the brushed steel over the black.

I may be in the minority, by saying it needs to be a bit darker, as ever the problem is that washes will really dull the steel to a grey.

However the use of reds and blues will definitely offset them from the Iron Warriors.

Go with your gut. It never lies ;)

Brushed steel does look better, but it makes them look quite distinct from their 40K counterparts. Not that that is a bad thing. BTW did the white bolters come about after the heresy or are they simply not painted yet?

I would go for a darker almost black. Right now aside from the red pad, I would say they look like a good IW scheme. Even the red pad could be chocked up to them being a different company than the hazard stripes guys. Sure you don't want to do IW? You have the scheme down pretty good.

I say go for it with the brushed steel; once it's darkened it should look really nice. Besides, I've always felt that the Heresy had too many armies that were literally just black (hence mine being brown-bronze...). Good luck!

Yeah go for the Brushed Steel!

Brushed steel ftw!

Go with metal. They're Iron Hands, after all.

Steel ftw. Similar to how I'll be painting mine (if/ when) I do them!

Dark, scorched and angry iron is the colour you need.

Have to agree with everyone else, that brushed steel is awesome!

I like the brushed steel over the black.

I may be in the minority, by saying it needs to be a bit darker, as ever the problem is that washes will really dull the steel to a grey.

However the use of reds and blues will definitely offset them from the Iron Warriors.

Go with your gut. It never lies msn-wink.gif

Brushed steel does look better, but it makes them look quite distinct from their 40K counterparts. Not that that is a bad thing. BTW did the white bolters come about after the heresy or are they simply not painted yet?

Brushed steel draw!!!

I would go for a darker almost black. Right now aside from the red pad, I would say they look like a good IW scheme. Even the red pad could be chocked up to them being a different company than the hazard stripes guys. Sure you don't want to do IW? You have the scheme down pretty good.

2 days away from this thread and it's mind blowing. Brushed steel looks sick. Reckon it would look as good on a Vehicle?

I've said it on FB and I'll it here again to drive the point home, I prefer the brushed steel look by far smile.png

Well you guys made it easy enough, with the feedback I've received all around, I will go forward with brushed steel! Thanks a bunch for the support!

@ Galron I would rather have a dead primarch than one that struts around with a stolen weapon, not man enough to make is own ;)

@ Galron I would rather have a dead primarch than one that struts around with a stolen weapon, not man enough to make is own msn-wink.gif

I'd just like to point out that while he didn't steal it, Ferrus didn't make it either... msn-wink.gif

It was a trade of worthy, handmade weapons. He also made weapons for other Primarchs, because Ferrus is a bro like that cool.png

Daffy Duck voice: "You'rrre dessspicable..." tongue.png

Seriously, the brushed steel does look great. Now I may have to redo some of my Iron Hands I started.

Hmm, or do you think they would look okay in both schemes together?

Maybe just for my 30K force... the rest can be... elsewhen...

Daffy Duck voice: "You'rrre dessspicable..." tongue.png

Seriously, the brushed steel does look great. Now I may have to redo some of my Iron Hands I started.

Hmm, or do you think they would look okay in both schemes together?

Maybe just for my 30K force... the rest can be... elsewhen...

You can do detroyers and immortals differet if you want. You could also differenciate veterancy or Isstvan survivors with it as well.

Archived