++ Excessive Perfection - An Emperor's Children Community ++

Forté

Dude. Freaking masterful. 

I swear, there's no better-looking Chaos Marine army than an Emperor's Children warband. 

It cannot be denied; we are the most fabulous of them all:

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b598/ExaggeratedElegy/DSCF0041_zpsfcdaeb02.jpg

Edited by Dammeron

I swear, there's no better-looking Chaos Marine army than an Emperor's Children warband. 

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b598/ExaggeratedElegy/DSCF0041_zpsfcdaeb02.jpg

Sweet Jeebus. I have seen the Way.

Dudette. Freaking masterful. 

Awe, thanks Mr. D-B!

FTFY, though :happy.:

In other news, 

2/3s of Barbed Hyacinth stands in rosea habitu :happy.:

Edited by Flint13

Well done on another one finished Flint. And Dammeron....!!!!!! Paint...when? Those are the...erm...dogs...erm...think you know the rest.

And A D-B. Welcome to the halls of excess and obsession (and some members who have some insanely brilliant miniatures in colours that rarely see such use).

So, an army of sephiroth in power armor. I am going to go flee now.

That's class Loesh. Keep working on those developers :wink:

Still waiting for our Slaaneshi weapons as well, though the melta they unveiled with faces stretched over them is a good step.

My other strike force members and I are kind of tinkering out the specifics of how our warbands going to be setup, I say mine, but really it is a group project now with all sorts of people involved and we're trying to conform it with Arkhona's story. One of the things that both concerns and intrigues me about the Eternal Crusade is...well...essentially, every player we're fighting alongside is a Chosen or a Chaos Lord really. We have first founding Chapters and Sternguard involved on the loyalist side with gear that's suited for sector lords, the people who are dropping down to Arkhona aren't newbies by any stretch of the imagination.

On one hand this makes me concerned that it might not be true to fluff, or...rather...less true to fluff then other sources though I am trying to put my faith in Graham, on the other hand if you want to feel like a badass I think this is the kind of game where you can feel like a badass perhaps in a way unlike any other MMO out there. If you want your character to be a Chaos Lord who owns a planet, that isn't a terrible stretch with the magnitude of the conflict being presented and the individuals involved. Everyone who is actually putting boots on the ground is the kind of guy who has their own personal ship, and I feel if you want a game where you want to feel like the Elite of the Elite, this is your game.

On the other, other hand, it's kind of hard to structure a Strike Force around so many competing egos and people of such high power levels, I want to manage the warbands story in such a way that each member feels like a powerful individual...but it doesn't wash out the unified identity we're forging.

Edited by Loesh

Doesnt anyone have good suggestions for alternative Chaos Spawn? I want somethign more Slaanesh-like or nightmare-ish insectoid. I just dont like the GW ones.

Kit bash. Dark Eldar, Tyranid, Vampire Counts all have good parts. And I know exactly what you mean. The GW ones just don't do it.

Exotic beasts captured and enslaved by a collector of rare breeds in your warband?
Drugged out of their mind marines who discard their armour maybe.

Or, if you're talking model wise only, anything that you can fit on a spawn base is viable. I like my old chaos hounds leaping over stuff, maybe two per base, and have them leap over obstacles to give the model some height.
There are nice bits in the new tyranid kits, especially tentacles, but always be sure to shave down some parts and carapace. Tyranid bits in conversions sometimes have the "looks like a tyranid arm on a model"-syndrome. Because they're so distinct.
New posts while I was typing: +1 to forte and incinerator; fortes spawn is quite good, nice mix of kits, and dark eldar wracks and pain engines are an awesome source too.

Oh that's so pretty!

Tell me about it, if only I could convince the game developers to actually let us wear it. :tongue.:

Hah, that's not an obstacle to a hardcore disciple of Shornaal. Get it tattooed somewhere interesting :tongue.:

I'll think about it. :p if GW gets around to expanding the Norscan tribes more in the End Times, I would love to hear of more of 'thousand and one' names of Slaanesh, for both fantasy and 40k they are always interesting to throw around.