[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

Aye. If you are running that kind of army anyway (60 Marines blobbing out of Kharybdis/Spartans) then that Apothecary is awesome.

It's even awesome if you're running Veterans and terminators for instance. Yes it is risky and you will loose expensive guys but think about that offensive power! 10 Terminators will kill every Primarch and their Retinue in one combat phase. Although they will probably trade and also die, mostly relativley cost-efficient. 

Yes only tactical squads can be upgraded with those +1 strenght 6+ feel no pain nails.

The +1 attack and after the fight roll 2+ ore dead, can be activated only in the unit this special character has joined. This can be any infantry unit with the Legion Astartes World Eater rule.

Edited by poom

Damn, I totally missed that. But haven't played very much with them it wasn't a big deal.

Nice to know anyway. So, tell me about this crazy Apothecarius of us. :)

Servus mein Guter,

Huh? :D

Moin.

@Topic: I need more Marines.

Doing two Spartans with 40 and a kharybdis for drop assaultING another 20....

It sounds so much fun :D

Like this:

FL is counting as for IF apocalypse guy

+++ World Eaters test (3000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (3000pts) ++

+ HQ (140pts) +

Legion Centurion (140pts) [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Conversion Beamer, Cortex Controller]

Consul [Forge Lord]

+ Troops (825pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (275pts) [Exchange their Bolters for a Chainsword or Combat Blade, 19x Legion Tactical Space Marines]

Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

Legion Tactical Squad (275pts) [Exchange their Bolters for a Chainsword or Combat Blade, 19x Legion Tactical Space Marines]

Legion Tactical Squad (275pts) [19x Legion Tactical Space Marines]

+ Elites (110pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (110pts)

Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour]

Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour]

+ Fast Attack (585pts) +

Legion Attack Bike Squadron (165pts) [3x Legion Attack Bike, Melta Bombs, 3x Multi-Melta]

Legion Attack Bike Squadron (165pts) [3x Legion Attack Bike, Melta Bombs, 3x Multi-Melta]

Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter (255pts) [battle Servitor Control, Ground-tracking Auguries, Ramjet Diffraction Grid, 3x Two Kraken penetrator heavy missiles]

+ Heavy Support (940pts) +

Legion Kharybdis Assault Claw (260pts)

Legion Spartan Assault Tank (340pts) [Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield]

Legion Spartan Assault Tank (340pts) [Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [XII: World Eaters]

+ Lord of War (400pts) +

The Primarch Angron (400pts)

Master of the Legion [beserker Assault]

Edited by The God-Potato of Mankind

I'm not convinced by the few new things we have. Losing a scoring unit means I have to bring another one and I don't think that is worth it for the buffs. The re-roll to 1's is OK stacked with hatred, but it's still only meh.

I think the other 3 original istavaan legions got a much better deal

Do we already know what this master apothecary is going to be points wise?

I wanna say I heard 140 points, but don't quote me on it.

He is in fact much cheaper than that :smile.:

Cheaper than Shabran Darr, even.

Edited by LetsYouDown

Do we already know what this master apothecary is going to be points wise?

I wanna say I heard 140 points, but don't quote me on it.

He is in fact much cheaper than that :smile.:

Cheaper than Shabran Darr, even.

Does he have Master of the Legion? And does he count as a Primus Medicae, so is therefore s Support Officer?

Does he have Master of the Legion? And does he count as a Primus Medicae, so is therefore s Support Officer?

No and Yes.

Unfortunately, I think he's also dead, because Autek Mor dropped a moon on him. So, maybe unlikely to get a model.

Lol, Autek Mor is so boss! Shame about the need for a Praetor, but it helps keep things balanced. He'd be the default HQ every time like Maun or Orth.

Any shots of his rules floating around? It'll be a while before we see the Red Book here in Oz...

I'm curious about the loyalist shattered legion guy anyone able to toss a quick mention of his war gear no pics or rules just want to know what he should be carrying finally made a choice on legion and will hopefully have a FW order places in the next few weeks when a buddy gets some cash together for a group buy

I'm curious about the loyalist shattered legion guy anyone able to toss a quick mention of his war gear no pics or rules just want to know what he should be carrying finally made a choice on legion and will hopefully have a FW order places in the next few weeks when a buddy gets some cash together for a group buy

Archaeotech pistol & master-crafted power fist. Otherwise looks like he's in standard MkV from the art, although I guess it's "standard artificer MkV" as he's got 2+/4++ as well.

Ok cool so I just need a fancy looking pistol a buddy same one I'm group buying with is looking to start a crusade era campaign so we are dumping loyalist/traitor marking but not allowing anything that didn't show up pre istavann 3

Edit: spelling is hard half asleep

Edited by Nova_chron

Ok so let's get some tactics nailed into my head I'm hopefully going to have a game later this afternoon against either codex BA or tau I'm wanting to field world eaters so I can start getting comfortable with their rules. So I ask you what would you do to get the most exposure to special rules. I have no forge world kit yet that order will be happening soon tho

Take Khârn, Surlak + apothecaries, and a herald, and then big blobs with chainaxes.

Then you have S5 guys with Rage, reroll 1s to hit from banner, re-roll 1s to wound from legion rules, get +1" to charge distances and can force for another attack at 1/6 risk of death.  The army also gets +1 to go first and seize initiative. 

Something like this:

Khârn

Surlak (~150?)

Herald (~150?)

2 Apothecaries with power axe, artificer armor, combi-melta (I assume Surlak grants regular FNP, or if it's only 6+, you may need 3 of these)

3 x 18 Legionnaires with chainaxes, bolt pistols, vexilla, sgt with power fist, artificer and combi-melta

2 x Spartan Assault Tanks with flare shields and armoured ceramite, multi-melta and laser destroyers

Kharybdis or 3rd Spartan

Probably around ~2300-2400 points so far

Herald and Surlak go into Spartans, Khârn into Kharybdis.  Everyone gets an Apothecary.  Drive up the field and drop the Kharybdis, so now he has the decision of dealing with a huge jinking assault flyer, or two dead hard spartans.  No one has that much haywire.  You could go triple spartan, but I think the Kharybdis has a stronger psychological factor that will make them split their fire.

Very single-minded list, but that's pretty much what they do best.  None of the available rites particularly mesh well with World Eaters.

Edited by Terminus

Or what he said. That may be even better and would be more fun to build.

Khârn - 170

Surlak

Herald

Elites 1: Apothecary with power axe and combi-melta - 65

Elites 2: 5 Red Butchers double axe, chainaxe/fist on leader - 290

Troops: 18x Despoilers Vexilla, chainaxes, Sgt with artificer/fist/combi-melta - 270

Troops: as above

Fast Attack: Dreadclaw - 100

Heavy Support: Spartan with flare shields, ceramite - 240

Heavy Support: as above

Assuming the two characters work out to 150 points or so, you're at 1945 so far, so doing very nicely! 

To expand to 2500

Butchers - 290

Dreadclaw - 100

KrakDeathstorm pod - 145

Or a Cortus Contemptor in pod and a plasma support squad in another dreadclaw.

I like it!

Edited by Terminus

Take Khârn, Surlak + apothecaries, and a herald, and then big blobs with chainaxes.

Then you have S5 guys with Rage, reroll 1s to hit from banner, re-roll 1s to wound from legion rules, get +1" to charge distances and can force for another attack at 1/6 risk of death. The army also gets +1 to go first and seize initiative.

Something like this:

Khârn

Surlak (~150?)

Herald (~150?)

2 Apothecaries with power axe, artificer armor, combi-melta (I assume Surlak grants regular FNP, or if it's only 6+, you may need 3 of these)

3 x 18 Legionnaires with chainaxes, bolt pistols, vexilla, sgt with power fist, artificer and combi-melta

2 x Spartan Assault Tanks with flare shields and armoured ceramite, multi-melta and laser destroyers

Kharybdis or 3rd Spartan

Herald and Surlak go into Spartans, Khârn into Kharybdis. Everyone gets an Apothecary. Drive up the field and drop the Kharybdis, so now he has the decision of dealing with a huge jinking assault flyer, or two dead hard spartans. No one has that much haywire. You could go triple spartan, but I think the Kharybdis has a stronger psychological factor that will make them split their fire.

Very single-minded list, but that's pretty much what they do best. None of the available rites particularly mesh well with World Eaters.

I like this idea. You think the Kharybdiss is worth it over the Spartan?

It's 100 points cheaper and provides immediate turn one pressure. It is not subject to terrain obstacles as it can just zoom around them to deliver its payload.  The Butchers in dreadclaws route is probably better, though. You do want Spartans paired.

Then you have S5 guys with Rage, reroll 1s to hit from banner, re-roll 1s to wound from legion rules, get +1" to charge distances and can force for another attack at 1/6 risk of death.  The army also gets +1 to go first and seize initiative. 

Something like this:

Khârn

Surlak (~150?)

Herald (~150?)

Kharybdis or 3rd Spartan

Herald and Surlak go into Spartans, Khârn into Kharybdis.  Everyone gets an Apothecary.  Drive up the field and drop the Kharybdis, so now he has the decision of dealing with a huge jinking assault flyer, or two dead hard spartans.  No one has that much haywire.  You could go triple spartan, but I think the Kharybdis has a stronger psychological factor that will make them split their fire.

Very single-minded list, but that's pretty much what they do best.  None of the available rites particularly mesh well with World Eaters.

Don't think you can take the Herald as he has Rite of Command and must be the Warlord, conflicting with Khârn's Warlord's Pride. He's a Delegatus empowered with a relic of the legion by the primarch (sometimes it's even a relic of the primarch) instead of the little baton.

Surlak costs 1 meltabomb less than Shabran Darr though, lots of points savings there :)

I do like the Spartan/Kharybdis combo... dang I need to stop looking at these lists, that new red color scheme has me on the slippery slope to another Legion :(

It's 100 points cheaper and provides immediate turn one pressure. It is not subject to terrain obstacles as it can just zoom around them to deliver its payload. The Butchers in dreadclaws route is probably better, though. You do want Spartans paired.

Might try a Dreadclaw, only problem is that they are really expensive compared to base Drop Pods.

Praetor Tartaros Terminator, Paragon Blade, Digital Lasers

Heraldor Terminator, Chainfist

Tartaros Terminator Command Squad, Chainfist, Grenade Harness, Dreadclaw (480)?

Red Butchers, Chainfist, Thunder Hammer, 3 Pair of LClaws, Dreadclaw = 410

Red Butchers, Chainfist, Thunder Hammer, 3 Pair of LClaws, Dreadclaw = 410

Terminator Squad, Plasma Blaster, Chainfist, Dreadclaw = 300

= 2500pts

Why? Because why not?