[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

Mastodon was made for WE. Angron, some butchers, that new apothecary, some despoilers and a dread. Also, it looks like a train so...

https://youtu.be/Gnj3F7-DcQY

But..Mastodon is 700 points and a LoW.

You can't take Angron with that except for a crazy high points game (like 5k). It's either/or. Sadly.

I still say double Spartan is more fun. What's this about knocking them over easily? Two Spartans? Easy? Unless they deliver incredibly heavy AV, which would require specific purchasing forethought and reduce their overall flexibility to boot, I think double Spartans would be highly effective in most metas. Plus you then spend the rest of your points on drop pods to deliver epic distraction forces.

Most of the games I've spied in the store have one Spartan, probably due to the fact than 600 points of your army would cost you £110 I'd imagine. One Spartan you can easily speficy a counter for. Throw in a Deredeo for AA so you can knock out the Kraken Penetrator response and you could then drop pods on whatever Grav rapiers or Vindilas ... ?

Edited by The God-Potato of Mankind

Drop Pod of Reducation Butchers hitting turn 1 should distract you I'd hope.

I'd be tempted to run a trio of Spartans supported by a Typhon. I can fit that into 3k. What would you shoot then? Saturate the board with Spartan chassis tanks! Vroom.

Sure you don't want to play IW/ IH? :P

But yeah, a good point. Go big or go home with AV for sure.

Drop Pod of Reducation Butchers hitting turn 1 should distract you I'd hope.

I'd be tempted to run a trio of Spartans supported by a Typhon. I can fit that into 3k. What would you shoot then? Saturate the board with Spartan chassis tanks! Vroom.

Sure you don't want to play IW/ IH? :tongue.:

But yeah, a good point. Go big or go home with AV for sure.

I was actually thinking of Salamanders with CoF for the Quadruple Spartan Mashup. I shall relay this to the relevant thread.

I'll see what I can flesh out with Quadruple Spartan Mashup with WE after work though :D

So after some test games last week I was wondering what unit wold you toss Khârn in and how would you deliver him I am limited to land Raiders or drop pods but my group allows a regular pod to be used to represent a dread claw. I've been playing around with the idea of veteran tactical squad some CC toys and an apothecary in dread claw pod running armored spearhead to put my other infantry into 3 land Raiders.

But..Mastodon is 700 points and a LoW.

You can't take Angron with that except for a crazy high points game (like 5k). It's either/or. Sadly.

May I point you in the direction of the Onslaught Force Org Chart, sir? :)

HQ

Chaplain: artificer armour; bolt pistol; melta bombs; refractor field 110

TROOPS

16 Tactical Space Marines: chainaxes; nuncio-vox; + 1 Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour; power fist) 255

17 Tactical Space Marines: chainaxes; nuncio-vox; + 1 Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour; power fist) 265

ELITES

Apothecarion Detachment

• 2 Apothecaries: artificer armour; chainaxe; augury scanner 120

HEAVY SUPPORT

Whirlwind Scorpius

Whirlwind Scorpius

3 Vindicators: laser destroyer arrays; Machine Spirit 465

3 Vindicators: Machine Spirit 435

LORDS OF WAR

Mastodon Heavy Assault Transport: 4× hunter killer missiles 720

The Primarch Angron

3,000 points

I dunno... Without Surlak, or a rite of war, or Butchers, I feel like you're loosing out on a ton of hitting power in 3000pts.

Vindicators are nasty, sure, but they aren't very resilient and in a squadron they are that much easier to knock out for your opponent.

I think that list will be fun as hell to play, but it's going to have some pretty regular hard counters with a more balanced opponent.

Edited by Flint13

So after some test games last week I was wondering what unit wold you toss Khârn in and how would you deliver him I am limited to land Raiders or drop pods but my group allows a regular pod to be used to represent a dread claw. I've been playing around with the idea of veteran tactical squad some CC toys and an apothecary in dread claw pod running armored spearhead to put my other infantry into 3 land Raiders.

Thats how i am planning on using Khârn (with an apothecary, vets, and a dreadclaw).

Ok so I'm not totally off my rocker haha I just kept having the image from betrayer pop into my mind, but I felt like a comment squad wasn't what I wanted to run and a unit of veterans fit the bill better.

Drop onto armatura (spelling?) To be obvious.

Edited by Nova_chron

I dunno... Without Surlak, or a rite of war, or Butchers, I feel like you're loosing out on a ton of hitting power in 3000pts.

Vindicators are nasty, sure, but they aren't very resilient and in a squadron they are that much easier to knock out for your opponent.

I think that list will be fun as hell to play, but it's going to have some pretty regular hard counters with a more balanced opponent.

Yeah, was just a quick on-the-spot list. No RoW is annoying, but could get Surlak in there... Chaplain was for a 2nd Fearless Despoiler Squad (and you need a compulsory HQ). And Vindicator Squadrons was just a crazy points-filler! Be better off with individual

Tanks and some other units. :)

Yeah, was just a quick on-the-spot list. No RoW is annoying, but could get Surlak in there... Chaplain was for a 2nd Fearless Despoiler Squad (and you need a compulsory HQ). And Vindicator Squadrons was just a crazy points-filler! Be better off with individual

Tanks and some other units. :)

I like the idea of Onslaught for a legion, but every time I feel like we're losing out on too much without either Berzerker Assault or Crimson Path.

The only time I feel like I'm not leaving too many toys at home by not take a Rite is with my Solar Aux bc they don't get one.

Onslaught works like a charm for them :D

2+ FnP Angron would have been so bloody brutal. 3+/4++ 3+FnP 4+IWND is harsh as it is! :biggrin.:

Speaking of which, this is a Crimson Path brainchild of mine:

HQ

Gahlan Surlak 110pts

Consul (Forge Lord, Rad Grenades, Power Axe, Cyber Familiar, Refractor Field, Melta bombs) 140pts

Troops (Tacticals are despoilers)

Legion Tactical Squad (15 + Srg. w. Power Axe, AA, Melta Bombs) 235pts

Legion Tactical Squad (9 + Srg. w. Power Axe, AA, Melta Bombs) 185pts

Legion Tactical Squad (9 + Srg. w. Power Axe, AA, Melta Bombs) 185pts

Elite

Red Butchers (4 + Devoured w. Power Fist, Chainfist) 290pts

- Dreadclaw 100pts

Red Butchers (4 + Devoured w. Power Fist, Chainfist) 290pts

- Dreadclaw 100pts

Fast Attack

Dreadclaw 100pts

Dreadclaw 100pts

Heavy Support

Kharibdys Assault Claw 260pts

LoW

Angron 400pts

2495pts total

Angron and the HQ choices join the large squad in the Kharibdys, which deep strikes with the butchers turn 1. Obivously not competitive due to zero ranged power, but the slaughter in the enemy deployment zone will be glorious! :biggrin.:

Edited by TompiQ