[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

Drop pods arent immobile until they drop down; at which point they suffer an irreprable immobilized result.

Immobile is something like a Tarantula.

Hmm, even though they have the immobile rule?  That would be pretty sweet if so.  I am thinking of the list you and i are working on in the other forum, taking this new RoW and keeping the drop pods...they would end up using up my fast attack slots, but it would give some nice 4+ FnP to Khârn and his group.

I wouldn't take Cataphractii under those restrictions. I know about the FAQ change, but I'm a man of honour.

How is that anything to do with honour? The rules are the rules, they state Cataphractii aren't SnP. Why are you gimping yourself by not using official rules? That's not honourable, that's just playing with weird house rules.

Plus I don't think you could characterise any World Eater tactica as slow or purposeful, Terminator plate or not xD

@ Guiltysparc - Khârn will get IWND too :smile.:

Edited by The God-Potato of Mankind

@ Guiltysparc - Khârn will get IWND too :)

Khârn and Surlak actually seem like they'd make a pretty badass tag team that wouldn't even be that expensive.

ICs are exempt from the end of combat death roll, correct?

Indeed, the list i am working on would look like this.  Its an oribtal assault list but switching to crimson path means that only 2 of three tac squads would get drop pods since 1 of the FA slots is taken up by the javelin.  I'd still have 5 drop pods so the over all strategy wouldn't change other than having the rhino'd tactical start on the board. 

Dueling Leviathans - 2500pts

- HQ/Elites - 

Khârn with Gorechild, Legion Apothecary, 8x Veterans all with power weapons and the sargent has artificer/power fist, vexilla in a Dreadclaw

- Troops - 

2x Tactical squads, additional ccw upgrade, vexillas, sargents with artificer armor/power fists
1x Tactical squad, additional ccw upgrade, sargent with artificer armor/power fists in a rhino

- Fast Attack - 

1 squadron of 2 Javelin Speeders with multi-meltas, CML, and HKs
2 Legion Drop Pods for 2 of the tactical squads

- Heavy Support - 

Leviathan with Grav Bombard/Seige Claw/Phosphex Missiles/Volkite Calivers, armored ceramite in drop pod
Leviathan with Melta Lance/Seige Drill, armored ceramite in drop pod
Fire Raptor with autocannons

So the three tacticals would get FnP, The vet squad gets FnP 4+, and Khârn gets ITWD and FnP 4+...seems like a pretty good trade off for the 1 drop pod.
Edited by Guiltysparc

You need to take Dreadclaw Drop Pods, rather than Legion Pods, unless the RoW allows it. Legion Pods are sadly DT only and unlocked via Orbital Assault only. This is because they are considered disposable and Legions prior to the Heresy had lots of resources so could afford to 'spend' on the luxury Dreadclaws, rather than a Navy class vessel shotgun shell loaded with Astartes,rather than Ball Bearings.

ah, bummer.  Well i could throw all the tacticals in rhinos, but i'm not sure how well that would work.  Though, if i shuffled around enough points to take Gahlan instead of the vanilla apothecary that would give Khârn and the vets 3+ FnP which would be pretty excellent.  However i would have to bring them in via regular reserve rolls since i could only bring in two pods on turn 1 and i want the levis dropping in together.

I could replace the javelins with melta outriders, and drop some power weapons off the vets or extra CCWs from one or two of the tactical squads to pay for Gahlan.

Edited by Guiltysparc

Khârn and Surlak actually seem like they'd make a pretty badass tag team that wouldn't even be that expensive.

Yeah. Actually, stuff like sergeants too. Any Character can't be affected by Exhortation of Butchery, period.

Yeah. Actually, stuff like sergeants too. Any Character can't be affected by Exhortation of Butchery, period.

Awesome!

Khârn and Surlak are totally my newest XIIth legion bro-team. 

I can see it now:

*Khârn Gets impaled on Rhino Dozer*

*Surlak plops him off, Slaps on a bandage*

"You good, Khârn?"

"Ye bro, thanks!"

"Cool."

"Cool."

"Kewl."

"Kewlitos. So, Murder, Mayhem and Carnage?"

"After you, I've got your back, broseph."

"Aight!"

*They Tap Axe heads and run into the frey, vox emitters pushed to maximum as they scream for Carnage*

Edited by Slipstreams

I can see it now:

*Khârn Gets impaled on Rhino Dozer*

*Surlak plops him off, Slaps on a bandage*

"You good, Khârn?"

"Ye bro, thanks!"

"Cool."

"Cool."

"Kewl."

"Kewlitos. So, Murder, Mayhem and Carnage?"

"After you, I've got your back, broseph."

"Aight!"

*They Tap Axe heads and run into the frey, vox emitters pushed to maximum as they scream for Carnage*

Khârn/Surlak combo at a lower points limit would make tacticals so brutally good. Even in Rhinos, the 4+FNP to 3+ if they drive into the zone, would be great for digging in and blapping people. Extra CCWs for when they do need to pop a charge off. 

Dreadnoughts which rain from the heavens while the rhinos pootle their dootles abootle. Yeah.

Edited by Flint13
going to want to avoid that

I honestly would take a Kharybdis, put both Khârn and Surlak in there, and stuff the rest of the space with boyz (or whatever World Eaters call each other, they are basically the ork space marines before Wolves took that job over).  Drop them in turn one and they'll be in the enemy's deployment zone turn 2 with a 3+ FNP.

I'm incredibly drawn to Angron and Gahlan Surlak accompanied by ten Red Butchers in a Spartan using the Crimson Path RoW. That's 20 2+/4++ wounds with a 3+ FNP once you reach the enemy lines, all while Angron can tank ID wounds by challenging anything that's a character. Perhaps a Forge Lord with rad grenades for good measure? :biggrin.:

The Spartan would be dead by turn 1 and cannot Sweep (not that that's always a problem). Put it in a Kharybdis and take the hit on number of models.

If you only run a single Spartan, and no other Land Raiders.

And if you do that, you're doing WE wrong :D

Indeed, I was thinking of running that spartan next to two others filled with 20 tacticals+apothecary blobs boosted by Surlak. That's almost 3000 points, so not competitive in any way, but the bloodshed would be glorious! :laugh.:

Perhaps some allied cult militia with the cult horde provenance to even out the numbers? :happy.:

^I have yet to find the situation in which having 101 fearless, rending cultists with hatred for 300-ish points is a disadvantage.

Especially since I rarely use my allied detachment anyway. 

I'm incredibly drawn to Angron and Gahlan Surlak accompanied by ten Red Butchers in a Spartan using the Crimson Path RoW. That's 20 2+/4++ wounds with a 3+ FNP once you reach the enemy lines, all while Angron can tank ID wounds by challenging anything that's a character. Perhaps a Forge Lord with rad grenades for good measure? :D

Remember, devourers are SaP so no crimson allowed, pick normal termies instead