[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

I use a bit darker white spray for the basecoat and than just quickly paint over that once or more with a different white.

Just simple white should do the trick sometimes the easy answers are right. ;)

I do pretty much the same, then cover it with nuln oil. I prefer my WE dirty, scraped, and covered in meat juice.

Silly question, but bear with me. I just got my shiny, shiny box from FW filled with assault marines and chain axes and whatnot. But this is the first time I've ever painted my WE in their original colour scheme. I'm used to using a black undercoat for the glorious red to come. So, my Q is, what is a good base coat colour to use to paint white? I've literally never undercoated models with anything other than black, and white just seems to easy an answer. Would a tan basecoat accentuate the white more?

Cheers people :rolleyes:

I've done all my WEs with corax white spray (the big rattle can, not an airbrush) and then with regular brushes. You can see the full how-to in my project log (link in sig) but I think it turns out pretty good and its not difficult. I use the exact same technique on the infantry as i do on the vehicles.

gallery_92768_11638_182768.jpg

gallery_92768_11638_130069.jpg

Edited by Guiltysparc

I use a bit darker white spray for the basecoat and than just quickly paint over that once or more with a different white.

Just simple white should do the trick sometimes the easy answers are right. :wink:

I do pretty much the same, then cover it with nuln oil. I prefer my WE dirty, scraped, and covered in meat juice.

Yeah, I definitely want to add some dirt and grime to them, they're WE after all. I'm looking at using Typhus corrosion to stipple dirt and grime mainly round the feet and leg greaves

Silly question, but bear with me. I just got my shiny, shiny box from FW filled with assault marines and chain axes and whatnot. But this is the first time I've ever painted my WE in their original colour scheme. I'm used to using a black undercoat for the glorious red to come. So, my Q is, what is a good base coat colour to use to paint white? I've literally never undercoated models with anything other than black, and white just seems to easy an answer. Would a tan basecoat accentuate the white more?

I've done all my WEs with corax white spray (the big rattle can, not an airbrush) and then with regular brushes. You can see the full how-to in my project log (link in sig) but I think it turns out pretty good and its not difficult. I use the exact same technique on the infantry as i do on the vehicles.

gallery_92768_11638_182768.jpg

gallery_92768_11638_130069.jpg

Mate, these are great, this is pretty much what I'm looking to do :rolleyes:

I'll have a good look through your project blog when I've got a few mins. Also noticed while I was looking that you're into BJJ too, sweet mate, I've been at it for about 8 years now and never looked back

Is a full 10 man strong red butchers squad worth its points? Or would two 5 man squads be a better idea?

10 butchers with Superlak is mean.

Depends howhat much of a mess you want to make. 10 man deathstar is going to chew through alot and take a while to stop.

(unless it's Russ, in which case, your whole army should be moving like a shoal of fish around his overpowered ass.)

two 5 man's are usually very underestimated i've found, they wreck havoc on their own and are difficult to target prioritise. Armed with the sergeant with twin chainfist, they can handle massed troops and vehicles well on their own.

Depends on your play style

Red Butchers themselves are well worth their point for their killyness

Edited by The Red Angel

Sorry for the double post

Silly question, but bear with me.  I just got my shiny, shiny box from FW filled with assault marines and chain axes and whatnot.  But this is the first time I've ever painted my WE in their original colour scheme.  I'm used to using a black undercoat for the glorious red to come.  So, my Q is, what is a good base coat colour to use to paint white?  I've literally never undercoated models with anything other than black, and white just seems to easy an answer.  Would a tan basecoat accentuate the white more?

I start from a grey basecoat and use an airbrush to bring up to white:

16839787_1895459184023633_926622502_n.jp

Not a great pic im afraid but there you go. First model painted in my army atm. Got 14 more on my desk 

Does anyone else think Crimson Path is kind of terrible, compared to the majestic glory of Beserker Assault?

It seems you have to very specifically do massed dreadclaws/pods to make it even remotely viable

I've been brainstorming and it seems suited to Khârn, as his WT buffs rolling for 1st turn and seizing the initiative? Plus a Damocles or Proteus? Just seems to not be worth it, if I was the enemy I'd scootle my butt out of my deployment zone and go hell for leather on the objectives, forcing the World Eater to leave the buff zone?

Does anyone else think Crimson Path is kind of terrible, compared to the majestic glory of Beserker Assault?

It seems you have to very specifically do massed dreadclaws/pods to make it even remotely viable

I've been brainstorming and it seems suited to Khârn, as his WT buffs rolling for 1st turn and seizing the initiative? Plus a Damocles or Proteus? Just seems to not be worth it, if I was the enemy I'd scootle my butt out of my deployment zone and go hell for leather on the objectives, forcing the World Eater to leave the buff zone?

Bikes, Assault marines, dread claw red butchers.

...how are bikes too late? They Scout 12" and move 12-24". You opponent doesn't need to be in their deployment zone just you do. You have enough movement to assault them from the rear.

**Edit

I see you think the FnP is a combat buff. Its not its a shooting phase defensive buff to get as close to full strength units into combat.Where your combat rules will carry the day.

Praetor

Chaplain

Forgelord

All in a scouting bike unit

Troops are 15 man assault squads with apothecaries

Add Land Speeders, Butchers, and Sicarans to taste.

Edited by Baluc

Yah but you're still melee focused. Sitting in the DZ getting shot up for 3-4 turns while being unable to axe things is kind of lame. 

The opponent can just place his objectives in the midfield, rush out to them and shoot your guys in his DZ

I've had games where they can leave their DZ with a 6 inch move!  

The Row probably needs updating. including the opponents 24" or 18" of the board still encourages the assault and moving forward/drop pod aspect without being a too limiting Row.

I've had games where I'm in combat literally inches away from the opponents dz. Pretty infuriating when you need that extra fnp

Yah but you're still melee focused. Sitting in the DZ getting shot up for 3-4 turns while being unable to axe things is kind of lame. 

The opponent can just place his objectives in the midfield, rush out to them and shoot your guys in his DZ

I've had games where they can leave their DZ with a 6 inch move!  

I just described how you can be in the opponent's deployment zone turn 1 in every AoD deployment type... Everything else has deep strike potential. I'm telling you I've seen it played its very strong. And again its a shooting defensive buff not a combat buff, WE rules are sufficient to carry combats.

Try and kill a Bike unit with anything other than a typhon shot with a T5 2+ 4++, 4+++ save. Crimson Path is the WE version of Alpha strike, not every army can actually move that quickly and being in and around the enemies units offers blast protection as well. 

Why not look at it from the other direction? It forces your opponent to run towards your deployment zone, if he doesn't want to give you the buff. So more of your stuff should be able to reach him. :D

When I read the rules, I immediately gravitated towards Berserker Assault for the attack bonuses, but to each their own.  I'll always be running my WE with Berzerker assault, even with the fact that I'm building a largely mobile, armoured force that uses drop pods to crash into the enemy lines

Hello everyone!

I was thinking of adding some World Eaters as an allied detachment to my Sarum Cybernetica force, and wanted your thoughts on a good 1000pts army that would complement my robots! As a Legio Cybernetica army there is not alot of scoring, and I usually pack a Knight Atrapos (our battles ranges from 2500-3500pts) for some heavy punch.