[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

However Khârn's rampage is very situational and usually if you get to use it, the unit is already screwed (although did come in handy against 10 termies with my 15 inductii). Armourbane on strength 5 is ok, nothing spectacular

I ran him recently instead of Ron and he felt very flat

Guess that's what happens when you are used to primarchs

Does anyone use conversion beam dreads? Or any conversion beamer I suppose.

I don't. The problem with it is you have to sit as far away as possible to get the maximum profile out of the weapon and 1) that's hard to do and 2) it's not very World Eater-like to stay back.

Does anyone use conversion beam dreads? Or any conversion beamer I suppose.

I don't. The problem with it is you have to sit as far away as possible to get the maximum profile out of the weapon and 1) that's hard to do and 2) it's not very World Eater-like to stay back.

I've found a twin Kheres Contemptor works nicely, not too limited a range, 12 shots st6 rending and I run him into fulgrim whenever I encounter him too hold him up a few turns. hasn't really wiped any squads but is good harassment unit that means a Venator or Lascannons have to target him instead of the 2 Spartans.

Alright, so I've recently come into possession of three mars pattern Land Raiders, and am considering adding them to my WE. Thé current plan is go go 3x10 inductii w. AA and PF on the Srg in each together with the Angron&Gahlan in dreadclaw tag team.

That's 1765 points with dozers on the raiders. Aiming for 2.5k, how do you reckon I should round it out? My first impulse was adding three more inductii squads in Rhinos, but that has the spam alert go off...

Inductii in rhino is a waste

Your biggest downfall with the 3 raiders in nothing to take in av14/flare shields

Not a fan on just Angron and surlak on there own, put them in a 15 man Tac squad for extra wounds

You have no scoring units - I know we always say "who needs scoring when you table an opponent" but I don't think your list will do that

Inductii in rhino is a waste

Your biggest downfall with the 3 raiders in nothing to take in av14/flare shields

Not a fan on just Angron and surlak on there own, put them in a 15 man Tac squad for extra wounds

You have no scoring units - I know we always say "who needs scoring when you table an opponent" but I don't think your list will do that

My mind trailed in the same direction after the post. I've reconsidered and will be running two raiders instead, while Angron and Surlak goes into a Kharybdis with 15 marines, a normal apothecary and a forge lord w. boarding shield, cyber-familiar, power fist and rad grenades. That way I can decide whether to split Angron&Surlak off on the fly, and if I do that means two scary melee units in their midst instead of one.

That's 1910pts. On top of that I'm thinking a deredeo with autocannons+aiolos and two javelins with missile loadout, leaving 240pts. I could trim some points off and get two tactical squads on foot to increase scoring, or go for a veteran squad in a Rhino...?

Edited by TompiQ

I've found that Angron, Surlak and 5 Butchers don't really die no matter what delivery system they're in.

They sacrifice the sweeping advance but i've never really used angron like that :/ or butchers for that matter. I find the biggest cluster of things on the table, and I multi charge them. I know it loses rage and takes butchers down to 3 attacks. But they'really still st5 power axe attacks. and in a big multi troop combat, Angron slaps sergeants and apothecary's and ic around. While the Butchers shake off most things. Using CP this is ridiculous, holds up half an army or more whilst the rest of the force is off doing its other shenanigans.

It's the way I pictured angron, running into the biggest brawl on the battlefield and just making a big mess. Works similarly with a 15 man tactical squad.

Deffo put squads in rhinos. just bog standard Marines works or vets with an apothecary for the fnp. While the Killy units are making a mess, the scoring rhinos solve the scoring issue. I prefer having 2 ten man units in rhinos. They provide a faster scoring unit and/or can provide more attrition support if needed.

I try my best to never run anything on foot, this is likely down to one of my opponents running the twin phosphex thud guns mentioned earlier, but everyone and their mums is rocking ap3 in heresy. and open squads will drop from focused firepower in my gaming group, especially if your opponent is scared of you getting anywhere close.

Unfortunately I don't run inductii, I just find that they are fun but they lose the scoring ability which is so valuable in 30k. Correct me if I'm wrong but in 30k, tabling isn't auto win? So if i do table my opponent, if they've claimed more objectives - They win.

So:

Scoring troops in rhinos are invaluable.

Angron will make a big mess of whatever he goes near.

WE lack Ranged power, so the deredeo is a good shout, maybe prioritise it with the twin Lascannons to open up tanks for your 'zerkers to chew up the fleshy insides. I've found I don't have enough ranged.

Keep us updated, love hearing what lists people are rolling and how they work.

I find the opposite with Angron in butchers, they tend to clear units and be too effective thus standing out in the open to be shot at. Multi assaulting and loosing Rage may be a good counter leaving the job to be finished in their turn I suppose - Something I will try, I've always been committed to the rage as it'so good

Angron works best in tacs though, giving him 15 extra wounds and allowing your butchers to threaten elsewhere. Most people fear them more anyway, and rightly so.. they will be as effective if no more so than Ron

A drop pod Leviathan is indeed brutal, however to include it I would need to get a third pod into the list if I'd want all choppy units to arrive simultaneously. I also just realized I wouldn't have a slot for the Deredeo unless I squadroned the raiders, which I'd like to avoid. The list looks like this currently:

Standard AoD Force org - Berserker Assault RoW

Gahlan Surlak 110pts

Forge Lord w. Boarding Shield, PFist, Rad grenades, Cyber Familiar 140pts

Apothecary w. AA, PSword 65pts

15 Tacticals, Srg w. AA, PAxe, Melta Bombs 200pts

10 Inductii, Srg w. AA, Pfist 150pts

Javelin w. CML, 2 HKM 65pts

Javelin w. CML, 2 HKM 65pts

Kharybdis Assault Claw 235pts

Land Raider Phobos w. Dozers 230pts

Land Raider Phobos w. Dozers 230pts

The Primarch Bid Daddy Anger Issues Himself 400pts

Everything that can carry a chain axe carries a chain axe, as if it would ever be any other way. The total is 2040pts leaving 460. 2x10 Tactical Squads with PAxe, Melta Bombs and AA on the Srg in Rhinos with dozers and multi-melta goes for 410pts and alleviates scoring issues, but the list lacks Anti-Air beyond the Kharybdis as well as ranged anti-tank. What would y'all do?

Toss some multimeltas on those Javs, well worth the points.  Maybe take 2x2 jav squadrons?

Not a bad move. But instead of purchasing 4 javelins as I have none, I could simply...

Gahlan Surlak 110pts

Anvillus Dreadclaw 115pts

Leviathan w. Claw, Drill, Phosphex, Armoured Ceramite, DDP 410pts

Edit - Original Ragekid MC A is still in 400pts

Because y'all infected my mind with images of the carnage a Leviathan can cause. So why not two? Totally leaves the raiders out of the picture though, haha...

Edited by TompiQ

Toss some multimeltas on those Javs, well worth the points. Maybe take 2x2 jav squadrons?

Not a bad move. But instead of purchasing 4 javelins as I have none, I could simply...

Gahlan Surlak 110pts

Because y'all infected my mind with images of the carnage a Leviathan can cause. So why not two? Totally leaves the raiders out of the picture though, haha...

If you have the points for it, a Grav-Flux Bombard on a Levi can be stupidly effective.

I'd swap claw for Melta on dreads as you have no ranged AT

No Ron upsets me or is he still in?

I've always liked the idea of a special k dropping flanked by 2 pod levis. Target priority is a :cusser for oponent

Edited by Fangbanger

Yeah, missed it during copypaste, Angron is indeed still part of the Kharybdis. I quite like it, 3-4 (if Angron+Surlak stays in squad or not) brutal melee threats in the enemy lines turn 1, the only issue is the lack of scoring... Should I retain the inductii or have them be normal tacticals instead? ...probably. I'll simply turn them back at higher point levels where I can fit some veterans in.

The list's currently 2500pts exactly, so zero margin for weapons on the Levies. I could give up the backup apothecary for a normal marine, but that sacrifices some flexibility... Another option is to ditch AC on the leviathans. I agree that the melta lance could be beneficial with 6", 1str and 2 shots extra over the claws meltagun. But is it worth trading an attack and the killyness vs. primarchs and MCs for it, on top of 20 extra points?

True, but he can only be a raging storm of destruction in so many places at once :tongue.: It's mostly in regards to Mechanicum foes... The issue with the melta lance is that the enemy gets cover from the pod, so the shooting in the round before the Leviathan charge into combat anyway is neutered.

The Grav-Flux Bombard alleviates this with ignores cover, however I'm still torn over its value round one if the enemy holes up in transports. Which of course stems from me lacking transport popping potential to begin with.

Edited by TompiQ

It depends on how you rule the Dread Pod working since its a massive headache.

Either way, vs Mechanicum, your cover saves are rarely going to be great with them all being reduced by 1 for the most part.

So your Leviathan is probably going to be using his 4++ more than cover; unless its a 3+.

In that case, you'd might as well just disembark and shoot them so that they don't get the shrouded buff.

If the Leviathan remains in the pod, wouldn't it technically be obscured by it granting it a 3+? I haven't actually seen how a Leviathan model meshes with the DDP one though.

It would but then a Mechanicum unit with an ETA shoots at you and gives you -1 Cover for a 4+ which is the same as your Invuln.

Or worse a Djinn Skein for -2 ( I think thats the one).

Also, physically to big to fit inside.

Edited by Slipstreams