[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

Russ beats Angron, but beyond that the wolves have more limitations and lack the amazing buffs to strength (inductii, chainaxes) and sheer combat prowess (re-roll to wounds of 1 in assault, hatred from berzerker assault) that the WE get.

Hmmm, that's a little against 'fluff' isn't it, I thought that Angron would of put Russ on his arse??

But their basics have cheep power weapons that should even things out in my opinion

It looks like it would be a close call. It certainly takes the edge of us being the top melee Legion?

Russ beats Angron, but beyond that the wolves have more limitations and lack the amazing buffs to strength (inductii, chainaxes) and sheer combat prowess (re-roll to wounds of 1 in assault, hatred from berzerker assault) that the WE get.

Hmmm, that's a little against 'fluff' isn't it, I thought that Angron would of put Russ on his arse??

But their basics have cheep power weapons that should even things out in my opinion

It looks like it would be a close call. It certainly takes the edge of us being the top melee Legion?

Angron's 3+/4++ makes him a lot squishier than the fluff would suggest, especially since his armor was made by the legion's top artificers but is worse than a random apothecary's armor.

Power weapons could be a detriment if they choose axes, S6 Inductii rolling first puts a hurting on anything.

Has anyone queried Forge World suggesting an update to angrons rules more in keeping with other legions?

Although a 3+ save tones down how brutal he is, random apothecary's and Khârn have a better save than a primarch, one of the emperors sons.

That or i'd say have his invun save increased to 3+ to make him sturdier against primarchs. however that isnt too representative, as vulkan has a 3+ and I'd expect him to, Angron less so.

anyone else's oppinions?

least another wound? Lorgar is meant to be a weaker primarch yet they have the same wounds?

Has anyone queried Forge World suggesting an update to angrons rules more in keeping with other legions?

Although a 3+ save tones down how brutal he is, random apothecary's and Khârn have a better save than a primarch, one of the emperors sons.

That or i'd say have his invun save increased to 3+ to make him sturdier against primarchs. however that isnt too representative, as vulkan has a 3+ and I'd expect him to, Angron less so.

anyone else's oppinions?

least another wound? Lorgar is meant to be a weaker primarch yet they have the same wounds?

He has also had both Russ and Guilliman have to crawl away in the fluff. In 'Betrayer', Lorgar notes he would be surprised if Guilliman is ever able to walk again after fighting Angron.

My opinion would be either give him the 2+ that his artificers should have given him, or boost his FNP at the same time as his attacks up to a max of either 3+(because Primarch) or the standard max of 4+.

Haven't they already said at the weekender that each traitor primarch gets a revamp as they ascend to daemonhood?

I should hope so! At the very least Angron grew wings, and was given The Black Blade. For being so iconic, Gorefather and Gorechild did not last particularly long with Angron, he changes weapons like socks. He has a pair of chainswords on Nuceria, they didn't even last long enough to get names.

Black Library have already spoken on the Russ vs Angron debate. Angron was fighting to kill becausebhe can't fight any other way. Russ didn't ultimetly have the authority or intent to kill Angron and when he realized the mistake he made the fight was effectively over in terms of a contest. I don't think any Primarch other than Angron thinks Russ wouldn't find a way to kill them if he had to.

It was mentioned at the weekender (I think it was Alan Bligh) that the Russ from Inferno is in his pomp at the absolute peak of his powers whereas Angron is at or near his lowest ebb, having suffered for decades (centruries?!) from the Butchers Nails.

All things being relatively equal and going off the Fluff, Angron would likely beat Russ - Night of the Wolf as told in Betrayer is an example.

Edited by A/O

It was mentioned at the weekender (I think it was Alan Bligh) that the Russ from Inferno is in his pomp at the absolute peak of his powers whereas Angron is at or near his lowest ebb, having suffered for decades (centruries?!) from the Butchers Nails.

All things being relatively equal and going off the Fluff, Angron would likely beat Russ - Night of the Wolf as told in Betrayer is an example.

Both times Angron fought another primarch in the books also happened to be immediately after wiping out an entire planetary population.

Both times Angron fought another primarch in the books also happened to be immediately after wiping out an entire planetary population.

Having just read Russ's rules, it's quite obvious that Angron is seriously outmatched against anything that's not MEQ or a Vehicle. Russ gets more standard cc attacks than Angron (6 standard, +1 for 2 melee weapons) whereas Angrons +1 for 2 melee weapons is included in his profile. Obviously not counting units killed and wiped out.

Angron is still only hitting Russ on 5's and 6's in the second round of combat.

Plus again Angrons 5 wounds and 3+ Save give him a headache. only benefit being that Angron is st9 on a charge and st8 standard.

It's a tough call and without any theory hammer or dice rolls, it looks like Russ would have angron down and out after 3 turns? and still sit with 2 wounds leftover.

So it's obvious that Russ is at the top of his game and Angron is drooling behind. And Angron seems to suffer against most primarchs. Guilliman nails him to the wall. Vulkan and Ferrus both give him a rough time also.

All in all i'm feeling slightly disheartened that the Gladiator Primarch, the monster of battle that should be the Lord of the Red Sands seems to lack a little oomph when he's not swimming amongst marines or tanks.

Ah well, here's hoping for Daemon Angron. We'll have him slap these pansy primarchs around

Yep Russ takes him down even if Angron is at 10 Attacks due to his traits, and has 2 wounds to spare.

FW mentioned that Angron statline represents him at his lowest though, with the nails turning him crazy and killing him. And he´s still a beast at his "lowest".

To be fair, I don't mind Angron being at his lowest ebb rules-wise. He chews through so much anyway it's fine that he has an achilles heel. Personally, I think Russ only being hit on 5s then 6s is ridiculously stupid but if that's the rules then you just have to do what most people do against Angron - do not engage and just try to shoot him to death.

Hello, I could get the parts for a storm eagle. Is it any good in a world eaters army? It can carry a big tactical squad and characters, but the squad could only assault turn 3 with lucky reserve rolls. A kharybdis is too expensive money wise for my taste. What is your opinion?

I don't think a boxed game with Rhinos will happen, but they may make old school Rhinos in plastic... maybe.

I was hoping for cheaper and less flimsy breacher shields and turbine-style jump packs, so maybe HH box 3 will finally answer our prayers!

I am not overly bothered which model rhino my band of giddy chop chops are in, but money is tight so I am kinda picking things up as I can afford to.

Silly question, but bear with me.  I just got my shiny, shiny box from FW filled with assault marines and chain axes and whatnot.  But this is the first time I've ever painted my WE in their original colour scheme.  I'm used to using a black undercoat for the glorious red to come.  So, my Q is, what is a good base coat colour to use to paint white?  I've literally never undercoated models with anything other than black, and white just seems to easy an answer.  Would a tan basecoat accentuate the white more?

Cheers people :rolleyes:

Depends how you are painting them, I would guess.

I like to build up from black, with an air brush, 5-6 coats, grey, through off white, to plain white.

But brush I'd never do it over black.

Yeah, just doing it the old fashioned way, cant afford a spray gun (especially with what the FW stuff is gonna end up costing me), plus, I'm more confident with a brush

So, with a brush, you'd suggest a grey or off-white basecoat?

Yeah, just doing it the old fashioned way, cant afford a spray gun (especially with what the FW stuff is gonna end up costing me), plus, I'm more confident with a brush

For a hairy stick look up the Duncanators method on warhammer TV.

I'm in the airbrush camp, and start with a white basecoat, but my method is stupidly simple and quick.

For a hairy stick look up the Duncanators method on warhammer TV.

I'm in the airbrush camp, and start with a white basecoat, but my method is stupidly simple and quick.

Cheers mate, just watched that vid, very informative

Edited by Brad_hutcho