[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

I am using mostly MKIII from the box, and bits from Anvil for officers at the moment. Gonna grab FW Chain Axes to slap on my tac marine's belts. I had a freshly primed Red Butcher squad that was knocked off the shelf and they kinda...shattered, so I have a few power axes that didn't break on my Praetor and Surlak.

I am using mostly MKIII from the box, and bits from Anvil for officers at the moment. Gonna grab FW Chain Axes to slap on my tac marine's belts. I had a freshly primed Red Butcher squad that was knocked off the shelf and they kinda...shattered, so I have a few power axes that didn't break on my Praetor and Surlak.

I'm thinking of using Mk II armour for assault and vet squads, and a mix of III and IV for the other units.  It's a shame the FW chainaxes cost so much, but there's some with no holding hands in the 40K FW section which are cheaper.  Sucks that they got smashed, I forget how fragile resin is :sad.: 

I'm leaning towards not worrying too much about cost with this army though cause I want it to look sweet, so willing to splash out a bit more for that effect.  I wanna run an army that has loaded Spartans, and maybe a rhino or two, with assault squads that power up the middle, and use nuncio-vox to deep strike pods filled with dreads, butchers and more frothing madmen.  Angron is gonna get dropped in via Kharybdis for two reasons. 1. the model, though expensive, is phenomenal and 2. it's rules mean I can then charge round the board blasting everything with a firestorm

I'm thinking of using Mk II armour for assault and vet squads, and a mix of III and IV for the other units. It's a shame the FW chainaxes cost so much, but there's some with no holding hands in the 40K FW section which are cheaper. Sucks that they got smashed, I forget how fragile resin is :sad.:

I'm leaning towards not worrying too much about cost with this army though cause I want it to look sweet, so willing to splash out a bit more for that effect. I wanna run an army that has loaded Spartans, and maybe a rhino or two, with assault squads that power up the middle, and use nuncio-vox to deep strike pods filled with dreads, butchers and more frothing madmen. Angron is gonna get dropped in via Kharybdis for two reasons. 1. the model, though expensive, is phenomenal and 2. it's rules mean I can then charge round the board blasting everything with a firestorm

Unfortunately with a newborn my budget has been cut. Treating myself to a Typhon with my tax return. I don't really like the MKIV or later armors for WE, they look too streamlined and fragile. MKII and MKIII are very 'smash your face in'. I will eventually get a pair of Spartans, but since I very rarely get a chance to play I am going for interesting/fun to paint first. Conveniently the threat of a Typhon will be a good distraction if I do get a game, and will provide good covering fire for charging infantry.

I'm thinking of using Mk II armour for assault and vet squads, and a mix of III and IV for the other units. It's a shame the FW chainaxes cost so much, but there's some with no holding hands in the 40K FW section which are cheaper. Sucks that they got smashed, I forget how fragile resin is :sad.:

I'm leaning towards not worrying too much about cost with this army though cause I want it to look sweet, so willing to splash out a bit more for that effect. I wanna run an army that has loaded Spartans, and maybe a rhino or two, with assault squads that power up the middle, and use nuncio-vox to deep strike pods filled with dreads, butchers and more frothing madmen. Angron is gonna get dropped in via Kharybdis for two reasons. 1. the model, though expensive, is phenomenal and 2. it's rules mean I can then charge round the board blasting everything with a firestorm

Unfortunately with a newborn my budget has been cut. Treating myself to a Typhon with my tax return. I don't really like the MKIV or later armors for WE, they look too streamlined and fragile. MKII and MKIII are very 'smash your face in'. I will eventually get a pair of Spartans, but since I very rarely get a chance to play I am going for interesting/fun to paint first. Conveniently the threat of a Typhon will be a good distraction if I do get a game, and will provide good covering fire for charging infantry.

Yeah, new borns do that to the budget eh.  I'm treating myself too, not sure if the wallet will appreciate it though lol

Totally agree on the Mk IV onwards comment, not enough face smash in them :tongue.:

The typhon looks badass actually, but I don't think I'll have a space in my FOC to fit it, that'll be stacked with Kharybdis eventually. I just love the idea of tank rushing in, drop podding the entire enemy deploment zone (got Anvillus in FA too), then a pack of madmen jump out and hopefully butcher everything in sight :laugh.:

@Brad_hutcho Yes despoilers are just tac marines with bolt pistol and close combat weapon (always model them with chain axe because World Eaters rock and the free bonus is a massive boost) Edited by Vantraxx

Yeah, new borns do that to the budget eh. I'm treating myself too, not sure if the wallet will appreciate it though lol

Totally agree on the Mk IV onwards comment, not enough face smash in them :tongue.:

The typhon looks badass actually, but I don't think I'll have a space in my FOC to fit it, that'll be stacked with Kharybdis eventually. I just love the idea of tank rushing in, drop podding the entire enemy deploment zone (got Anvillus in FA too), then a pack of madmen jump out and hopefully butcher everything in sight :laugh.:

I could afford Kharybdis with my tax return, but not the injuries I would sustain if the wife saw it :p

I would love a Kharybdis/Anvillus drop list. With everyone I see taking AC Spartans though, the melta hit is somewhat less useful. The upside I do see to make the points worth it is not having to use a specific ROW to include them.

@Brad_hutcho Yes despoilers are just tac marines with bolt pistol and close combat weapon (always model them with chain axe because World Eaters rock and the free bonus is a massive boost)

Always chain axes :biggrin.:

Yeah, new borns do that to the budget eh. I'm treating myself too, not sure if the wallet will appreciate it though lol

I could afford Kharybdis with my tax return, but not the injuries I would sustain if the wife saw it :tongue.:

I would love a Kharybdis/Anvillus drop list. With everyone I see taking AC Spartans though, the melta hit is somewhat less useful. The upside I do see to make the points worth it is not having to use a specific ROW to include them.

Haha, just tell the wife you already had it, but hadn't built it yet :tongue.:

Yeah, AC lessens their impact, but I just wanna drop pod all over the place, use Berserker ROW and drop off some choppy choppy death :biggrin.:

Hey everyone, I'm been sitting down for a few hours conjuring up an army list (may have gone overboard cause it's now up to 5000pts :biggrin.: ), any input would be appreciated, I'm sure there are lots of problems with it, in particular, probably anti tank. Any suggestions would be welcome.  The idea is to slowly build it up from a core as I can afford it

Legion Astartes: World Eaters

Rite of War: Berserker Assault

HQ:

Legion Praetor (200) - Paragon blade, Master crafted plasma pistol, digital lasers, melta bombs, Iron Halo

Legion centurion (145) - Legion champion consul, Jump pack, Artificer armour, master crafted charnabal sabre, plasma pistol, melta bombs

LOW:

Angron (400)

ELITES:

Techmarine detachment (80) – 2x Techmarine with melta bombs

Apothecary detachment (210) – 3x Apothecary with power sword, artificer armour, one has jump pack

10 x Red Butchers (880) - Second power axe, Devoured has chainfist; Spartan Transport with armoured ceramite and flare shield

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (420) – 2x Contemptor with 2 x close combat weapons inbuilt graviton guns, extra armour

TROOPS:

20 x Assault Marines (480) - Chain Axes, 2x power weapons, plasma pistol, melta bombs; Sergeant has plasma pistol, power fist, artificer armour

17 x Tactical Marines (230) - Chain Axes, Legion vexilla; Sergeant has artificer armour, power fist

20 x Tactical Marines (270) - Chain Axes, Nuncio-vox, Legion vexilla; Sergeant has artificer armour, power fist

10 x Tactical Marines (210) - Chain axes, Nuncio-vox; Sergeant has artificer armour, power fist; Mounted in Rhino, Extra armour, auxiliary drive

20 x Tactical Marines (260) - Chain Axes, Legion vexilla; Sergeant has artificer armour, power fist

FA:

Anvillus Dreadclaw Drop Pod (115)

HEAVY:

Spartan Assault Tank (370) - Armoured ceramite, flare shield

Kharybdis Assault Claw (235)

Praetor, techmarine and apothecary go with one of the big tac groups in a Spartan, alongside the Spartan mounted butchers (+ techmarine), assault marines (with apothecary and centurion) and rhino tacs.  They power up the board, and use nuncio-vox's to help the rest drop pod in.  This includes Angron, the 17 tacs and an apothecary in a Kharybdis, another 20 tacs in another kharybdis, and the two contemptors arriving via Anvillus

Sorry about the massive post, but yeah, thoughts? :laugh.:

Hey everyone, I'm been sitting down for a few hours conjuring up an army list (may have gone overboard cause it's now up to 5000pts :biggrin.: ), any input would be appreciated, I'm sure there are lots of problems with it, in particular, probably anti tank. Any suggestions would be welcome. The idea is to slowly build it up from a core as I can afford it

HQ:

Legion Praetor (200) - Paragon blade, Master crafted plasma pistol, digital lasers, melta bombs, Iron Halo

Legion centurion (145) - Legion champion consul, Jump pack, Artificer armour, master crafted charnabal sabre, plasma pistol, melta bombs

LOW:

Angron (400)

ELITES:

Apothecary detachment (210) – 3x Apothecary with power sword, artificer armour, one has jump pack

10 x Red Butchers (880) - Second power axe, Devoured has chainfist; Spartan Transport with armoured ceramite and flare shield

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (420) – 2x Contemptor with 2 x close combat weapons inbuilt graviton guns, extra armour

TROOPS:

20 x Assault Marines (480) - Chain Axes, 2x power weapons, plasma pistol, melta bombs; Sergeant has plasma pistol, power fist, artificer armour

17 x Tactical Marines (230) - Chain Axes, Legion vexilla; Sergeant has artificer armour, power fist

20 x Tactical Marines (270) - Chain Axes, Nuncio-vox, Legion vexilla; Sergeant has artificer armour, power fist

10 x Tactical Marines (210) - Chain axes, Nuncio-vox; Sergeant has artificer armour, power fist; Mounted in Rhino, Extra armour, auxiliary drive

20 x Tactical Marines (260) - Chain Axes, Legion vexilla; Sergeant has artificer armour, power fist

FA:

HEAVY:

Praetor, techmarine and apothecary go with one of the big tac groups in a Spartan, alongside the Spartan mounted butchers (+ techmarine), assault marines (with apothecary and centurion) and rhino tacs. They power up the board, and use nuncio-vox's to help the rest drop pod in. This includes Angron, the 17 tacs and an apothecary in a Kharybdis, another 20 tacs in another kharybdis, and the two contemptors arriving via Anvillus

World Eaters in pods are always scary. Angron and the Devoured are both good solutions to a tank if you are close enough, a dual Kheres Contempter is as well if RNGesus loves you.

Is minmaxing in a 5000 points game really important? On that scale it is all about fun, ain't it?

Oh totally, and for me, a lot of it is about the WE fluff :biggrin.:  I just love the idea of tank rushing and drop podding a batch of frothing lunatics all across the enemy deployment zone and watching the mayhem

Hey everyone, I'm been sitting down for a few hours conjuring up an army list (may have gone overboard cause it's now up to 5000pts :biggrin.: ), any input would be appreciated, I'm sure there are lots of problems with it, in particular, probably anti tank. Any suggestions would be welcome. The idea is to slowly build it up from a core as I can afford it

HQ:

LOW:

Angron (400)

ELITES:

TROOPS:

FA:

HEAVY:

Praetor, techmarine and apothecary go with one of the big tac groups in a Spartan, alongside the Spartan mounted butchers (+ techmarine), assault marines (with apothecary and centurion) and rhino tacs. They power up the board, and use nuncio-vox's to help the rest drop pod in. This includes Angron, the 17 tacs and an apothecary in a Kharybdis, another 20 tacs in another kharybdis, and the two contemptors arriving via Anvillus

World Eaters in pods are always scary. Angron and the Devoured are both good solutions to a tank if you are close enough, a dual Kheres Contempter is as well if RNGesus loves you.

So maybe swap one of the contemptors to have dual Kheres?  I'd still wanna run one that's all CC weapons cause you know, WE :biggrin.:  lol

I'm literally about to put in an order for 20 assault marines in Mk II armour, plus all the requisite WE shoulder pads, torsos, vet helmets and CHAINAXES!!!!!

I would not mind having a few Javelin or a Sky Slayer squad going in to soften enemies up. They are both fairly fluffy.

I've been looking through the army list, and gonna stick a squadron of 6 Sky Hunters in. Not able to take as many heavy weapons as Sky Slayers, but I can still get 2 plasma cannons, or multi-melta's into a squad of 6, and it can go in the spare FA slot I've got, rather than having to remove anything from Heavy.  Plus, if worse comes to worst, the heavy bolters can still cut down some infantry

After struggling to find 30k games in my new Gdubs, a random player in a local club has asked if anybody wants to play a 30k match at 3k points. 

I know at least one is Mechanicum.

So I've crafted this, I think from experience it should be a flexible yet "tide of blood" style assault list:

HQ

Khârn (for fluff, really)

Gahlan

Angron (Beserker Assault)

Elites

2x Contemptor - Kheres

3x Quad Guns - Shatter Shells & Incendiary

Troops

2x 15 Man Powerfisting blob of Inductii

1x 10 Man Powerfisting blob of inductii

Fast Attack

3x Multi-melta attack bike

Heavy Support

2x Spartan, goodies

1x Land Raider, AC

Tl'dr metal boxes surge forward, disgorge axes.

Contemptors and Quad guns ... gun stuff. 

Multi-melta bikes keep enemy walkers from can opening metal boxes?

AA is weak...maybe I should try to fit in a Deredeo?

Edited by The God-Potato of Mankind

After struggling to find 30k games in my new Gdubs, a random player in a local club has asked if anybody wants to play a 30k match at 3k points.

So I've crafted this, I think from experience it should be a flexible yet "tide of blood" style assault list:

HQ

Gahlan

Elites

2x Contemptor - Kheres

Troops

Fast Attack

Heavy Support

2x Spartan, goodies

1x Land Raider, AC

Flyers not particularly prevalent from what I have seen, but if you are worried you could always make a kheres Contemptor Mortis. Not moving gives them skyfire and 12 BS5 shots with a chance to rend is a pretty good option.

Hi guys. I'm a bit late to the HH party but I've finally convinced a group of my friends - all players of 40K from 2nd & 3rd Ed. - to join me in Heresy. I've been dropping in and out of B&C to try to keep abreast of what is going on in the global 30K meta but haven't been very active over the last 6 months or so. I was wondering if with the release of the new red books (and I think some other books and/or info as well?) that the World Eaters have gone from fun but tactically one dimensional and relatively easy to knock over to a more well rounded force i.e. decent players can win a number of different ways. I know half the charm of the WE is that they rush in to butcher the opposition (the other half being their tragic hero theme that spoke to me when I was reading Betrayer) but I'm sure there are other ways to play them with not as big a focus on CC as I previously thought?

HQ

Gahlan

Elites

2x Contemptor - Kheres

Troops

Fast Attack

Heavy Support

2x Spartan, goodies

1x Land Raider, AC

With 3 inductii units, Angron and Khârn can't hide anywhere. Also no objective holders... i would at least move a unit of 15 inductii to standard despoiler setup so Angron and Khârn can hide in the unit... i would also throw Surlak in there so they all get the 4+ fnp.

Hi guys. I'm a bit late to the HH party but I've finally convinced a group of my friends - all players of 40K from 2nd & 3rd Ed. - to join me in Heresy. I've been dropping in and out of B&C to try to keep abreast of what is going on in the global 30K meta but haven't been very active over the last 6 months or so. I was wondering if with the release of the new red books (and I think some other books and/or info as well?) that the World Eaters have gone from fun but tactically one dimensional and relatively easy to knock over to a more well rounded force i.e. decent players can win a number of different ways. I know half the charm of the WE is that they rush in to butcher the opposition (the other half being their tragic hero theme that spoke to me when I was reading Betrayer) but I'm sure there are other ways to play them with not as big a focus on CC as I previously thought?

You can try sniper/tank hunter vets supported by siege master, quad phosphex launchers and my favourite 10 flamers with extra chain axes supporting flanks from a counter attack... our rights of war all lead us to CC and as far as the fluff goes we are all about CC. We are after all the Eaters of Worlds...

@Brad_hutcho i like your big list, but remember those tech marines can't join units. They are characters but they do not have the independent character rule (which is why some characters can join units)

Thanks, I really just wanted to play with a fluffy WE army that rushes out of everywhere :biggrin.:

Cheers for the pointer on the techmarines, I'll just remove them, they're not absolutely necessary.  It'll free up an elite slot, and some more points for choppy madmen

@Brad_hutcho i like your big list, but remember those tech marines can't join units. They are characters but they do not have the independent character rule (which is why some characters can join units)

Thanks, I really just wanted to play with a fluffy WE army that rushes out of everywhere :biggrin.:

Cheers for the pointer on the techmarines, I'll just remove them, they're not absolutely necessary.  It'll free up an elite slot, and some more points for choppy madmen

A nasty little trick is to get a forge lord consul so you get the repair, arm him with boarding shield and rad grenades, add him to your nasty Spartan unit and he buffs everyone nicely and it's fluffy cause where else would a WE Forge Lord really be? Up close and personal imo getting into the thick of it. Rad grenades and the boarding shield defensive grenade buff is off the charts with our tac marine units and Angron/Surlak combo and if anything happens to the Spartan, he can fix it!