[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

I'm putting together one of those boarding shield Forge Lords with rad grenades, it seems like a really awesome build. What do you guys think of weapons choices? My first instinct is generally for power fists for utility, but the romantic in me is thinking Meteor Hammer; it's one of the few scenarios where I see utility in the cadere weapons. The AP sucks but it'll ID MEQ on the charge if one attack gets through and the +1 I means that if the attack does it'll be before you get hit back probably.

And more generally, when do you guys use cadere if at all?

Edited by Marbrand

I'm putting together one of those boarding shield Forge Lords with rad grenades, it seems like a really awesome build. What do you guys think of weapons choices? My first instinct is generally for power fists for utility, but the romantic in me is thinking Meteor Hammer; it's one of the few scenarios where I see utility in the cadere weapons. The AP sucks but it'll ID MEQ on the charge if one attack gets through and the +1 I means that if the attack does it'll be before you get hit back probably.

I usually just run him with a power axe cause they rock but we miss out on the extra attack bonus... to be honest i like your idea of meteor hammer and it would look total badass. If you have the points though powerfist every time especially if your in a big unit sucking up wounds then you can punk anyone with your hatred fueled powerfist, rerolling 1 to wound etc etc... 

@Brad_hutcho i like your big list, but remember those tech marines can't join units. They are characters but they do not have the independent character rule (which is why some characters can join units)

Thanks, I really just wanted to play with a fluffy WE army that rushes out of everywhere :biggrin.:

Cheers for the pointer on the techmarines, I'll just remove them, they're not absolutely necessary.  It'll free up an elite slot, and some more points for choppy madmen

A nasty little trick is to get a forge lord consul so you get the repair, arm him with boarding shield and rad grenades, add him to your nasty Spartan unit and he buffs everyone nicely and it's fluffy cause where else would a WE Forge Lord really be? Up close and personal imo getting into the thick of it. Rad grenades and the boarding shield defensive grenade buff is off the charts with our tac marine units and Angron/Surlak combo and if anything happens to the Spartan, he can fix it!

I usually just run him with a power axe cause they rock but we miss out on the extra attack bonus... to be honest i like your idea of meteor hammer and it would look total badass. If you have the points though powerfist every time especially if your in a big unit sucking up wounds then you can punk anyone with your hatred fueled powerfist, rerolling 1 to wound etc etc... 

I like the idea of this Forge Lord build actually.  I was going to have the Legion champion consul because it seemed a great fit for WE, and the model is awesome, but this guy sounds better (I'm running Berzerker assault, so can only have one consul in my army).  Still torn about weapon though cause Meteor hammer sounds badass, but fluff wise, power axe! :biggrin.:

I'd run him in the spartan with the tac squad, and Surlak (still have to get HH book 6 so I've got his rules though), because I still want to drop Angron in by Kharybdis.  From what I've read, Angron will kill everything he gets into combat with anyway, so his bullet shield/bodyguard are just there to soak up wounds.  While I feel the Forge lord would provide more benefit to the large tac squad

Thoughts?

@Brad_hutcho i like your big list, but remember those tech marines can't join units. They are characters but they do not have the independent character rule (which is why some characters can join units)

Thanks, I really just wanted to play with a fluffy WE army that rushes out of everywhere :biggrin.:

Cheers for the pointer on the techmarines, I'll just remove them, they're not absolutely necessary.  It'll free up an elite slot, and some more points for choppy madmen

A nasty little trick is to get a forge lord consul so you get the repair, arm him with boarding shield and rad grenades, add him to your nasty Spartan unit and he buffs everyone nicely and it's fluffy cause where else would a WE Forge Lord really be? Up close and personal imo getting into the thick of it. Rad grenades and the boarding shield defensive grenade buff is off the charts with our tac marine units and Angron/Surlak combo and if anything happens to the Spartan, he can fix it!

I like the idea of this Forge Lord build actually.  I was going to have the Legion champion consul because it seemed a great fit for WE, and the model is awesome, but this guy sounds better (I'm running Berzerker assault, so can only have one consul in my army).  Still torn about weapon though cause Meteor hammer sounds badass, but fluff wise, power axe! :biggrin.:

I'd run him in the spartan with the tac squad, and Surlak (still have to get HH book 6 so I've got his rules though), because I still want to drop Angron in by Kharybdis.  From what I've read, Angron will kill everything he gets into combat with anyway, so his bullet shield/bodyguard are just there to soak up wounds.  While I feel the Forge lord would provide more benefit to the large tac squad

Thoughts?

Angron is a total beatstick but i would still keep Surlak with him cause of the 4+ FNP. First time i used him i just challenged everyone in the combat... very silly and he got owned. Next time i used him i just give 1 challenge each combat and he kills that person and we add an extra attack per turn, rinse and repeat... problem with him is the 3+, 4++ save so he is not that durable... 

Spreading everyone around is probably the smartest way to run them... i'm just very reluctant to because on paper the best odds are always with Surlak and the buffing ForgeLord combo in a unit of tac marine despoilers supporting Angron. If you come up against another deathstar (especially if you are fighting 40K armies) you will be happy they are all together ;)

My Forge Lord will have a Boarding Shield, a cyber monkey, Rad Granades, a Chainaxe and a mighty Plasma Pistol.

Why?

Because he will join my Tactical Support Squad with Volkite Charger and since they have to get really close, he'll be close enough to shoot his pistol as well.

With BS5 he should hit and with S7 DS2 he should wound. In a world where every sarge got his fancy pants on that could change the damage that unit will get afterwards by those sweet CHOOOM CHOOOM POWER.

Edited by Gorgoff

My Forge Lord will have a Boarding Shield, a cyber monkey, Rad Granades, a Chainaxe and a mighty Plasma Pistol.

Why?

Because he will join my Tactical Support Squad with Volkite Charger and since they have to get really close, he'll be close enough to shoot his pistol as well.

With BS5 he should hit and with S7 DS2 he should wound. In a world where every sarge got his fancy pants on that could change the damage that unit will get afterwards by those sweet CHOOOM CHOOOM POWER.

That is an awesome idea. I never thought of using the Forge Lord in a support unit... My fav support unit are flamers with extra chainaxes in a rhino. They are a speedbump, blocking units that may get the charge on my bigger close combat units. They speed up the board turn 1, jump out turn 2 and flame anything, don't charge, wait for the charge so you can counter charge or just get in the way... with the Forgelord in there they will become super nasty... Forgelord+apocathary+8 flamers with chainaxes+rhino with multimelta, will be expensive but really in your face nasty... mmm you really got me thinking ;)

Why?

That is an awesome idea. I never thought of using the Forge Lord in a support unit... My fav support unit are flamers with extra chainaxes in a rhino. They are a speedbump, blocking units that may get the charge on my bigger close combat units. They speed up the board turn 1, jump out turn 2 and flame anything, don't charge, wait for the charge so you can counter charge or just get in the way... with the Forgelord in there they will become super nasty... Forgelord+apocathary+8 flamers with chainaxes+rhino with multimelta, will be expensive but really in your face nasty... mmm you really got me thinking ;)

Behold, I'm in your head now, brother. ;)

Storm Eagle full of Butchers, thoughts?

Comes earliest turn two, charge turn three.

To late in my book

Why?

To late in my book

Could always take a sky shield landing pad, one flyer (which has hover ) may start the game deployed on one though it can't zoom first turn, Of course it is a rather expensive way but makes the storm eagle slightly more tempting especially getting it on the board turn one Edited by teutonicavenger

Why?

To late in my book

Good point, I suppose Spartan is probably best.

@Unholyechoes i like butchers up front, pressing the enemy in my first wave. They are so expensive and because they can't hold objectives i find them less useful late game. Stormeagle is awesome for late game objective grabbing. I would deploy a small tac unit in there. Butchers get a pod to drop down with dreads in first wave so they are assaulting turn 2. Or Spartan as bodyguards so again they are assaulting by turn 2. I also don't mind them by themselves in cheaper Land Raider/dreadclaw because they attract so much firepower everything else remaims untouched :)

Yo famalams, I got a 3k game coming up. All I know is it's against Mechanicum. 

Any particular tips? Castellax scare me at toughness 7, so was thinking of including a Spartan funbus filled with stabby Cataphractii? Also definitely, definitely taking Angron? He can shred anything right? Riiiight? :D

Any particular tips? Castellax scare me at toughness 7, so was thinking of including a Spartan funbus filled with stabby Cataphractii? Also definitely, definitely taking Angron? He can shred anything right? Riiiight? :D

Shout "Surprise!" And take them out with your Praevian and 5 bot squad of Darkfire Castellax from accross the street.

Any particular tips? Castellax scare me at toughness 7, so was thinking of including a Spartan funbus filled with stabby Cataphractii? Also definitely, definitely taking Angron? He can shred anything right? Riiiight? :biggrin.:

AP4 chainaxes will be your friend. 

Str6 inductii are also your friend.

I doubt that stabby cataphractii will do much with str5 against castellax, and would be better suited sitting on an objective in the enemy deployment zone.

Angron will kill anything he bowls into. however considering he isn't auto instajibbing castellax, you're relying on murderous strike with 6's. cosidering you're rolling 6 die minimum, that should be 1/6 chance? im sure a math hammer will correct me. Bottom line is he could be held up for a few turns, but it does prevent the castellax from causing havoc in your army.

Try to avoid rad weaponry, they will be a pain in the arse, especially if they hit angron or butchers. Mechanicum have an abundance of st6 in their robots, and t3 butchers arent pleasant to lose. If you can, shoot the rad stuff down.

probably try to keep big squads mounted too, if your opponent is rocking a plasma mortar, it will sweep big squads off the board. 

My tactic for example would be big inductii squads mounted in spartans, rolling forward with the spartans popping lascannons at said rad stuff and or vehicles/walkers. Angron and the butchers with surlak finding the castellax and ripping them open and then steam rolling your opponent. Positioning Spartans in the way of guns to protect your inductii squads post combat. 

I'm sure others can weigh in on this.

In other news, i'm planning on joining the inductii gang, forgoing scoring units for tabling my opponent.

My current list is as such:

HQ

Gahlan Superlak

Legion Praetor - AA, Iron Halo, Digi lasers, Paragon Blade, Plas Pistol

Elites

Apothecary Detachment - 2 x Apothecary

5 x Red Butchers - twin chain fist devoured, Spartan - Flare Shield, AC

Troops

15 x Tactical - Inductii, Vexilla

15 x Tactical - Inductii, Vexilla

Heavy Support

Spartan - Flare Shield, AC

Spartan - Flare Shield, AC

Leviathan - Grav Flux, Siege Drill, AC, Phosphex - Dread Drop Pod

LoW

Angron

Plan is to roll Angron, Superlak and Butchers together in Spartan.  2 inductii squads in spartans with apothecarys. 

Unsure as to what i should do with the praetor.

Should I drop 1 of the inductii units to roll the praetor with them? The praetor is just an excuse to use the Khârn model which is why he is armed with the plas pistol.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Edited by The Red Angel

Drill/grav/phosphex/AC Leviathan in a pod. Turn 1 drop into enemy deployment zone and throw everything you have at the most dangerous unit. Your ridiculous armour should allouw you to weather the storm, especially if your other units started at the edge of your deployment zone. Once you get your next turn, grav blob then charge their warlord to take advantage of the fact that the drill is 8x2 strength. I don't even know what to count that as: 16? D? Instand death on anything without Eternal Warrior? Either way, one good backhand basically kills anything but a primarch.

Drill/grav/phosphex/AC Leviathan in a pod. Turn 1 drop into enemy deployment zone and throw everything you have at the most dangerous unit. Your ridiculous armour should allouw you to weather the storm, especially if your other units started at the edge of your deployment zone. Once you get your next turn, grav blob then charge their warlord to take advantage of the fact that the drill is 8x2 strength. I don't even know what to count that as: 16? D? Instand death on anything without Eternal Warrior? Either way, one good backhand basically kills anything but a primarch.

Strength caps out at 10, having a S:x2 weapon and more than S5 still won't make your attacks go higher than S10.

Well, there's two reasons why the x2 is beneficial. One is if another unit would gain access to the same weapon, and the other is if the Leviathans strength is debuffed somehow. Then it'd still cap off at S10 until you drop to base S4.

Well, there's two reasons why the x2 is beneficial. One is if another unit would gain access to the same weapon, and the other is if the Leviathans strength is debuffed somehow. Then it'd still cap off at S10 until you drop to base S4.

Is there something that can lower the strength of a vehicle?

Hi All, 

Another follower of the XII here. Been out of the game for many years but the Horus Heresy and the 30K rules have really piqued my interest again and enjoying what I have read so far.

Just a quick question though, how do the World Eaters stand up to the recently released Space Wolves Legion? Do they still come out as number 1 with regards to close combat in general? Has anyone done any math-hammering on any of the units??

Cheers.

Oh, and first post back on here in a very long time!!

Edited by Thug