++ The Brotherhood of Dust - A Thousand Sons Community ++

I doubt we will get any new characters. Odds are strong that TS will get no new model releases. The only new units we may get are ones which can be made from existing kits (like the chaos exalted champion or grand master in dreadknight)

And besides Hathor Maat dies in crimson king.

7 Special characters for DG?  Wow.

I'd love another sorcerer special character, maybe someone like Ctesias who specializes in summoning or a Special character sorcerer in Terminator Armor.

Or maybe a Psyker dread, even if it is a Special Character and not just a regular unit.

7 Special characters for DG?  Wow.

I'd love another sorcerer special character, maybe someone like Ctesias who specializes in summoning or a Special character sorcerer in Terminator Armor.

Or maybe a Psyker dread, even if it is a Special Character and not just a regular unit.

7 total.. i believe that includes characters from dark imperium. I dont believe its 7 all new characters.

I will be surprised if we get any new models though it would be cool.

Who was the ivory faced hooded ES on disc in the WoM trailer? The whiney one calling Ahriman a betrayer and worried about the wolves. Who was he? Anything in the books or lore?

I got replication of that guy cause the ES kit gives you the bits to make him and i bought multiple kits so why not. Maybe we will get stats for him but I am leaning toward we won't get more special characters or we would have had them. Would any special be more than a poor man's Ahriman?

Maybe a SOT special character.

Acazept, iirc

and I'm ok with no additional special characters- between the warlord traits that you CHOOSE and relics that you can take, we can make our own characters just fine..

Just need that codex, mang- I'm pretty burnt out on fighting nasty lists and armies with sick stratagems to the point where I can't have fun. Gonna paint up the rest of my Rubric Marines and get ready for the book.

Just need that codex, mang- I'm pretty burnt out on fighting nasty lists and armies with sick stratagems to the point where I can't have fun. Gonna paint up the rest of my Rubric Marines and get ready for the book.

I ordered some AoS Spirit Hosts which I will use as Spawn but other than that I'm done with buying things for my TS until the codex. Too many unknowns and frankly to little supply for me to really expand my list.

@Archaeinox, Thanks, i have been wondering for months if he was anyone significant. I will look him up to get his back story. It seemed he had a name due to his speaking part in the trailer and mini bits in the kit.

It's what I was thinking also that relics and traits will allow us to make our own generic SCs. Save for demon princes or sorcerers are only potential named SC would be an ES. That awesome kit allows for so much variety releasing a named ES SC seems redundant.

I can't really think of a vehicle we need unique to us except a silver tower drop pod. I have not read the books enough though heard there is a legion flier mentioned I the books?

quick sound off poll. If you were getting Predators for your 40k 1000 sons army and had access would you go GW or FW predator?

From a fictional historical accuracy FW seems appropriate though i guess captured and refitted GW versions are appropriate as well.

If I buy anything before the Dex hits it will be spawn.

Would like to see demon possessed predators, vindicators and rhinos return though not sure what rules would be nowthat crew effects are moot anyway.

Anything in the new Csm Dex in regards to demon upgrades for tanks?

gw pred with lascannons. under 200 pts in the csm book.

i still dont expect a silver tower pod or anything. I bet it will be a stratagem to get the big orbital type shot. As for the pod thing, (speculation:) I really do think we will get some sort of teleport or ambush mechanic via spell or stratagem. If we don't what's with all the deception and crap they keep talking about in the recent talk hyping up how clever the TS are.

Well it was Ahriman's shtick for a while to allow infiltrate or scout moves right?

I ordered the possessed and while leave it until codex again im just not sure where the codex is going.

If money was not a factor the older models of predator would probably something more likely to use use among TS, but it is more about 70 USD as 57.

I was wondering now that we seen the basic stats from Morty what are your thoughts about Magnus?

In general i don't think anyone thinks he is weak but i can't be the only one that thinks Magnus lacks massive character at the moment. It's just a daemon prince ++.

The super smite is nice but 2 separate daemon princes do the same for the roughly the price. The 2+ to cast is handy but hardly unique (flying chickens). And having 3 powers isnt special either. So i would say that 80% of his power comes from the assault phase. What i don't think fits very well with his character.

So will Magnus get a overhaul in the new codex when we get our own psychic table?

Because i'm thinking if we get only 1 table (7 powers) like the death guard, there still isn't much room shift some power of magnus into the psychic phase.

After all if magnus can cast (for example) 5 out 7 powers by himself every other psyker is automatically a smite-bot.

Returning to the problem we also had in the 7th edition ==> Large psyker army's are useless (no more powers to cast) and the cheaper the psyker the better (Why pay 140p for a exalted sorcerer when a 70p psyker has the same smite?)

What are your thoughts/hopes/ideas for big M?

They'll be adjusting TSons heavily with the upcoming codex. The scaling is so different between index to codex for factions that I can't imagine a stand-alone such as TSons to remain unchanged with the exception of point adjustments or fluff. If it was just that we wouldn't have seen a nod on the community post.

Yeah if they wouldn't change as much as they did for an army like Grey Knights, they would've released the TSons Codex already. ^^

Or if not released, at least announced it as one of the next 4.

They'll be adjusting TSons heavily with the upcoming codex. The scaling is so different between index to codex for factions that I can't imagine a stand-alone such as TSons to remain unchanged with the exception of point adjustments or fluff. If it was just that we wouldn't have seen a nod on the community post.

Grey knights are the imperial psyker army. I don't see why TS would get a much large codex improvement then these guys. We will probably get some additional codex entry's but no new models.

Yeah if they wouldn't change as much as they did for an army like Grey Knights, they would've released the TSons Codex already. ^^

Or if not released, at least announced it as one of the next 4.

I doubt they work on all codices at the same time. The guys that finished writing the grey knight codex probably then moved to TS. And in order to maintain balance and push out all the 10 codices they copy and paste a large amount of the special rules. See Raven guard/Alpha legion,Iron warriors/Iron hands etc.

I mean i would love to be wrong but ever since the grey knight codex i'm not expecting large changes. I fully expect our release to be similar. 

Dunno, I believe most of the Codices are actually mostly finished already. Either that or whoever wrote the CSM Codex is really bad at remembering stuff since he forgot to include a bunch of important stuff that got FAQed into the Chaos Index before the Codex release already.

When I saw it i figured it was a copy and paste from the Index so its either a mistake in editing or the codex was past the point it could be fixed in its physical production cycle. Things have to be planned out pretty far in advance so the codex is probably already written and just waiting release.

I was thinking another way GW could individualize the TS codex without needing new molds/models is to apply the TS specific traits to the generic CSM units we have access to. This would mean making standard bolters into inferno versions, and adding a 5++. It would make everything a little more expensive points wise but it would be a neat addition and keep them consistent with our TS specific units.
For example, we could see a datasheet for a Land Raider with inferno heavy bolters, inferno combi-bolter, and a 5++. Or a standard sorcerer with an inferno bolt pistol and a 5++.

Had a cool 1250 game against aeldari today. Some takeaways: maulerfiends are beasts! Scarab occult kept cheap can be very good disruptors. Ravagers hurt...a lot. My poor rubrics were wiped clean off the field because of that thing's D2 guns...

This is what I was saying early on and I was basically accused of being negative. It's a reality check: If you play in a meta that uses a lot of D2+ weaponry, these guys disappear very, very fast. If you play against a lot of marines... no problem, fill your boots. Play against Astra? Tau? Different ball game. Some armies have a fair amount of access to multi Damage weapon types.... or maybe they just 'exploit' it more. But I think it's fair to say most people here play against marines a lot which really isn't going to give you a ton of muliti Damage issues.

Had a cool 1250 game against aeldari today. Some takeaways: maulerfiends are beasts! Scarab occult kept cheap can be very good disruptors. Ravagers hurt...a lot. My poor rubrics were wiped clean off the field because of that thing's D2 guns...

This is what I was saying early on and I was basically accused of being negative. It's a reality check: If you play in a meta that uses a lot of D2+ weaponry, these guys disappear very, very fast. If you play against a lot of marines... no problem, fill your boots. Play against Astra? Tau? Different ball game. Some armies have a fair amount of access to multi Damage weapon types.... or maybe they just 'exploit' it more. But I think it's fair to say most people here play against marines a lot which really isn't going to give you a ton of muliti Damage issues.

BOO!! ...Get outta here you and your arguments,reasons and logic !! we don't listen to that non-sense he.... Oh wait this is not the wolf section:blush.: . *cough*

But this always been the issue with TS. The bolters and the new "All is dust" rule is amazing vs marines but as soon as anything T5+ enters the field you can start packing them. While other armies have access to plasma/melta etc., we were suppose rely on our psychic phase. But diet smite just isn't on the same level.

I play a lot of games vs grey knights. Might be the reason why i don't like rubrics very much. The dread-knights are T6 and their weapons have a standard 2D profile. Both the flamer and the psycannon. Absolutely nothing rubrics or scarabs can do against :wallbash: .

Yes, Grey Knights would be another one... lots of multi damage stuff (I have a full army of them as well). It's funny to me because right now I won't play my GK because they feel...almost like too much. They are 'elite' in nature, but they have shooting, speed, psychic, and monster CC abilities.

I'm dying for our codex to come because it should have some leverage over GK in -some- areas. (I'm guessing focused psychic powers and shooting). I think GK will always out CC us in the long haul (not including special units like Magnus and/or some of the characters/HQ's).

But it looks like we'll be luck to see it before the new year.

Its an issue but one that i feel can be countered. The problem in my case was the backfield ravager. If scarab occult could tank bust or with say magnus on the field buffing my maulers and chewing into vehicles. Im sitting much more comfortably.

Also like i said it was a close game. I lost because a lucky rocket shot from his guardians got 6 damage on a mauler that had 5 wounds left. Any other role and it was going down to the wire.

Yes, Grey Knights would be another one... lots of multi damage stuff (I have a full army of them as well). It's funny to me because right now I won't play my GK because they feel...almost like too much. They are 'elite' in nature, but they have shooting, speed, psychic, and monster CC abilities.

I'm dying for our codex to come because it should have some leverage over GK in -some- areas. (I'm guessing focused psychic powers and shooting). I think GK will always out CC us in the long haul (not including special units like Magnus and/or some of the characters/HQ's).

But it looks like we'll be luck to see it before the new year.

The grey knights are suppose to be a CC heavy army with good supportive psychic powers right? TS have nothing going for them in CC so i don't mind losing that. 

Problem is I don't really see us winning in the other area's with cult units.

Archived