++ The Brotherhood of Dust - A Thousand Sons Community ++

I hope you're right. What would be your picks for the extra dozen or so units though?

Part realistic part wishlist

Realistically we can expect no new kits. That being said existing models that require little or no alteration might get multiple datasheets. Say sorcerer Lord, exalted champion type and a lowly sorcerer or a "cabal" or unit of sorcerers. Some demons, GW knows Tzeentch demons are popular with TS C:CSM got some I figure we will get them plus maybe an elite or HQ or two. Also we will probably see things we had options for before the Index namely possessed, Obliterators, and multilators.

Also it's a bit of a stretch but Tzaangors are good so maybe a port of the Shaman, enlightened or skyfyres.

I dont see why GW wont port over other simple choices like the contemptor specifically. CSM already has access to imperial vehicles so why not expand the purchasing base a pyschic dread or rubric dread would be out of place.

Again we will have to see what death guard gets as it will i think tell a lot about the design theme for TS

Agree on all points. A Sorceror Lord would be great if it provided the standard Chaos Lord benefits.

I know its unlikely but i would like to see the Exalted Sorcerer command power just changed to the standard chaos lord/demon price reroll 1's to attack. The reroll of only invulnerable saves makes so it rarely comes up. How often are your units hit by attacks that drop there armor to equal or lower than there invulnerable save and then you have to be paying enough attention to each roll to notice the 1s. Really my last game I don't think I ended up rerolling a save at all. Now rerolling all saves of 1 would be great but likely way to strong when combined with all is dust.

I would also like to see tzangors moved to fast attack and given some sorta scout pre game move or advance deployment to justify the move. having only 1 choice of fast attack is annoying it would be nice to actually have options there.

Finally We desperately need some way to deal with perils without saving/burning all our CP on rerolls. Its bad enough when ahriman decides to try and kill himself by getting snake eyes and me rerolling into another 1, also late that turn I got double 6's all told he took 3 wounds from his own powers. Ok that was likely just really bad rolling on my part still it would be nice if I could avoid it. The bigger problem is Aspiring Sorcerers 1 in 16 odds that they might kill half there squad are not good. Oops perils d3 wounds, ok but one kills the sorcerer and he is part of a squad and mortal wounds travel through the squad so the extra hit his squad killing up to two more guys, then all units in 6 inches take a d3 and that squad is also within 6 inches so you could loose 6 models from one squad then have to make a moral test at the end of the round Worse case you are testing LD 7 1d6+6, on a 5 or more you will wipe out the rest of the squad. Yes super unlikely to happen but still a bit much, no one else can double hit there squad with perils and all that for 1 mortal wound on the nearest unit.

While i agree that the re-roll 1 on invuls is not really that useful as a re-roll 1 to hit but i do not want the exalted giving the same buff.

I usually have daemon princes in my army for the aura and the other stuff they can do. If we need more access to re-roll 1 auras i would prefer getting access to (psychic) lords. The re-roll 1 on invuls is still nice a nice little boost to give to tzaangors/defilers/forgefiends etc.

I strongly disagree with moving Tzaangors to a fast attack slot. They have nothing going for them in the way of "fast attack" unit. And I absolutely love them as cheap objective holders,CP source, deep strike defense and screens for high value targets. They are so much better than cultists because their T4 and 5++. Moving them to fast attack reduces their effectiveness so massively (no CP/ No objective secured). I do agree we could use another choice for fast attack but i don't think the solution should be found in moving the tzaangors. In the games i've played so far my tzaangors have absolutely been my best performing units for their points.

The perils is why i barely ever cast smite with rubrics and scarabs. On my very first game and my very first cast of smite with the rubrics i snake eyed.

I forgot about the reroll and ended up doing a total of 8 mortal wounds to myself (rhino,ahriman,rubrics) and i've been traumatized ever since :sad.:

I hope you're right. What would be your picks for the extra dozen or so units though?

Part realistic part wishlist

Realistically we can expect no new kits. That being said existing models that require little or no alteration might get multiple datasheets. Say sorcerer Lord, exalted champion type and a lowly sorcerer or a "cabal" or unit of sorcerers. Some demons, GW knows Tzeentch demons are popular with TS C:CSM got some I figure we will get them plus maybe an elite or HQ or two. Also we will probably see things we had options for before the Index namely possessed, Obliterators, and multilators.

Also it's a bit of a stretch but Tzaangors are good so maybe a port of the Shaman, enlightened or skyfyres.

I dont see why GW wont port over other simple choices like the contemptor specifically. CSM already has access to imperial vehicles so why not expand the purchasing base a pyschic dread or rubric dread would be out of place.

Again we will have to see what death guard gets as it will i think tell a lot about the design theme for TS

Agree on all points. A Sorceror Lord would be great if it provided the standard Chaos Lord benefits.

Since Sorcerer Lords already existed back in 3.0 and 3.5 which did exactly that (higher points cost for Lord with powers), it wouldn't be a stretch.

The thing is we already have a sorcerer lord, we just call them Exalted Sorcerers now. They have the stat line of a chaos lord with the psyker powers of a sorcerer. The only difference between the two is that Chaos lords have 4++ vs the Exalted Sorcerers 5++ and Chaos Lords grant reroll 1s to hit for all legion units within 6 inches and Exalted Sorcerers grant Reroll 1's to Invulnerable saves for thousand sons Infantry only. Making it only regularly useful on Tzaangors.

As for Demon Princes I may be wrong but I think they lost there Aura in the new chaos codex. If thats true and carries over to Thousand sons we would be without any source of rerolling 1's which is a very common comman aura effect most armies have some access to.

Unrelated but can we get a actually useful Banner one day, so many cool Icons so little use.

The thing is we already have a sorcerer lord, we just call them Exalted Sorcerers now. They have the stat line of a chaos lord with the psyker powers of a sorcerer. The only difference between the two is that Chaos lords have 4++ vs the Exalted Sorcerers 5++ and Chaos Lords grant reroll 1s to hit for all legion units within 6 inches and Exalted Sorcerers grant Reroll 1's to Invulnerable saves for thousand sons Infantry only. Making it only regularly useful on Tzaangors.

As for Demon Princes I may be wrong but I think they lost there Aura in the new chaos codex. If thats true and carries over to Thousand sons we would be without any source of rerolling 1's which is a very common comman aura effect most armies have some access to.

Unrelated but can we get a actually useful Banner one day, so many cool Icons so little use.

The 4++ and the re-rolling 1's to hit were the point of wish listing a Sorceror Lord. The Exalted equivalent benefits are just objectively worse sadly. Perhaps they could also add a 3rd power to a Sorceror Lord to further distinguish him from an Exalted.

The Daemon Princes still retained their aura btw :wink:

They have revealed 8 out of the 10 now. Here is to hoping its the one of the last two.

If not, we will have had the indexes longer than the Wrath of Magnus rules :dry.:

Ha that's a good point.

You know I was one of the dudes who went all out and bought the collector's editions... it's still something that bugs me. From a 'collector's stand point, and a hobbiest stand point it was cool, but what a short lived, high value book. I can't even use the markers because I have to explain the Tizcan numeric system to my opponents. lol

+++++++++++++++++++

I have a question based on the new Chaos Codex:

How many of your are using the modified points values for your Thousand Sons games?

I have a question based on the new Chaos Codex:

How many of your are using the modified points values for your Thousand Sons games?

I definitely would. They allow us to use the new discipline and my opponents do not complain. It's a shame they didn't address this in the latest FAQ

I was disappointed that Wrath of Magnus was removed from my device and cannot be downloaded. I went to refer to the war band color schemes and found it gone. I still have my 5/6th ed Codex: SM. :-(

I'm still playing point values from Index. Going beyond the expanded psychic table seems like too much "pick and choose" to me.

These guys go over all the points changes within the first 10 minutes. I just listened to them and made an equipment points change key. I am right there with you, I'm not about to buy the codex when there's nothing else in it that I need.

Right but if we use the new points and the new listing (IE: soulreaper at 5man) that means Thousand Sons are Elites unless your buddies houserule them as Troops in the interim between now and the Codex.

I'm really not playing much at all right now because I'm getting tired of getting stomped by people with cool strategems and "gotcha" moments. and Guilliman. 5 gman players is lol. Taking a break and painting more Rubrics up until the book drops.

Primaris primaris primaris primaris primaris

Man, here is hoping we get 1k Sons and Space Wolves for xmas.  Not a surprise at all that these 3 are in the running to be next.  I play nids also but want to keep my painting focus on my 1k sons.

New Nid or even Craftworld goodies might lead my attention astray!

I really hope so half tempted to do a post on FB's page "The moment you realise you £60 book had less then half the lifespan of the £15 released later" especially as they said about how our stuff would be soon when discussing the legions book.
Anyone else had much luck with the expanded dark hereticus lore yet? I'm thinking Death hex could be very useful in getting rid of SW ven dreads with Blizzard shields.

Next 3 books are Eldar, Nids and Guard apparently.

Really not looking forward to buying Chapter Approved just to have a way to keep up. Hopefully we get the book before 2018

Have they I haven't seen an official announcement.

Can I choose to use the rules and/or points for units from my index instead of the new ones in the codex once released?

In your own games, if you and your opponent agree, you can, of course, play with whatever rules you like.

In all future publications and official events though, it will be assumed that you’re using the most recent rules and Datasheets. It will also be assumed that you’re using the most up to date points for matched play, in this case, those included in the codex.

For those to lazy to click right there in black and white. GW assumes you use the most up-to-date datasheets.

Doesn't using "the most recent data sheets" essentially remove the need for a codex?

It wouldn't be an issue if data sheets were on a website or digital codexes were updated with the latest 'sheets, but it seems GW assumes I am going to buy the Index, then the CSM codex a month later, then another codex at some unknown future date. That's a recipe for piracy or at least keeping FedEx office in business. *sigh*

On a positive note, I'm glad I'm focusing on one faction for the next 12 months.

I really hope so half tempted to do a post on FB's page

Then get ready to be blocked from posting, commenting or replying to comments on Warhammer 40,000's FB page.. Trust me. I know something of this. They're about sick of me mentioning Wrath of Magnus and that bs.

Seems like I read somewhere that Magnus has one more go at RG down the line after Morty.  If so we might see our boys codex coincide with this.  After Fate of Konor wraps up I wonder where we will see the narrative go?  What will be the next "The Gathering Storm" event?

Archived