++ The Brotherhood of Dust - A Thousand Sons Community ++

Nym I've lost track of the answer but I think you're safe to use adjusted costs in the Chaos codex. I don't know if that helps your issue. It certainly helps fill the gap for me for now.

Thanks for the tip. I'll probably do that if my opponents agree. Still doesn't fix the huge Scarab sorcerer tax but at least Rubrics are better now.

Are you using the cultists as backfield objective holders?

As backfield objective holders, hence the Alpha Legion trait (and I love Alpha Legion fluff ^^)

@Skerr : could you post a photo of your TS ? I've been considering a Gold / White paint scheme ! :)

It is a good job. I almost did the cherry metallic red but in the end went with the new paint scheme. The models are really good looking. I enjoy them very much. Good clean straight lines and not to much extra bling.

Since I refuse to have them walk up the board, the annoying thing is fitting HQ's in transports with them and still having points for other items.

I want to find room and use for a storm eagle but not sure how to use it. With squads of rubrics you still wouldnt have room for HQ but whatever I love the model.

My biggest issue with TS is I'm not sure what direction to go with them. Magnus is a great breadstick but no real CC support for him. Tzaangors are good but lack a cheap transport or movement and heck the only fast attack we have is M7" we have low AP shooting but the strength is low too and anti tank options are limited. I'm hoping whenever we see a codex it will be more focused functional design.

It's because TSons are an incomplete army. We're missing some pieces to fill our gaps. All you naysayers claiming against new units will see us with something on a disk that will hold its own in CC against hordes, but be damaging enough to contest higher T/W models.

All our problems can't be solved with psychic powers because of Ro1 IMO. A unit like the above would fulfill the needs of TS and is an easy make for GW. Tzaangor Skyfires from AoS with a weapon sprue could be an easy fix. They could become the TSons 8th Ed equivalent of melta bikes or Las platforms.

Bottom line is we're waiting for something. Let's hope we're one of the last 2 and maybe we'll get a Christmas present.

Regarding the Storm Eagle, I think it's great.

One or two of these solves a lot of our problems with anti tank or horde. One if left alone can down a squad or vehicle in a turn or two and if paired can burst a priority target due to the movement and range. Hard to hit also is exceptional if you work the flanks. If you're in a high T/W meta using multimelta can also make them true contenders with free split fire on all that dakka.

Perfect to roll a pair of Storm Eagles, a Prince for RR 1's, Ahriman, 2 Exalteds, 4 units of 10 Tzaangors, 2 units of 5 Rubrics with Soul Reapers, and 2 Rhinos. This makes TSons a 9 CP double battalion that is pretty aolid on paper.

Barebones should clock in around 1850-1900 points. Add spice or bodies where you'd like.

I'd splurge on melta for the Rhino's because you'll get shots with them as Eagles are the priority for your opponents. Maybe pop a few warpflamers in there because your Rubrics will make it up the board, and you'll have the reaper to make-up for the lost bolter shots from small squads.

And fear all the psychic dakka!

Just an idea. Also, don't have books with me for points.

Edit: Please note that I'm not complaining, TSons are legit.

They just have some gaps to fill in to feel like a completed core army. Traditional warfare would include Generals, Artillery, Infantry, Cavalry, Archers. We need our Cavalry, and it would be convenient it carried some Artillery.

How do you guys feel about a metallic red heresy-era scheme for an Ahriman-aligned TS army? Could any of the other warlords in the Prodigal Sons have the old color scheme? I just like it better than the blue and gold, and I want to do a mixed 30k/40k army, but I'm one of those guys that takes the fluff very seriously :tongue.:

Any thoughts?

Mine are red!  I really liked painting these guys, it was super easy.

Great Rubrics man, a really good inspiration! I'll be going for something similar, just a tad more white and maybe alternating colors on the crests? Still not totally sold on that though...

Nym I've lost track of the answer but I think you're safe to use adjusted costs in the Chaos codex. I don't know if that helps your issue. It certainly helps fill the gap for me for now.

Thanks for the tip. I'll probably do that if my opponents agree. Still doesn't fix the huge Scarab sorcerer tax but at least Rubrics are better now.

Are you using the cultists as backfield objective holders?

As backfield objective holders, hence the Alpha Legion trait (and I love Alpha Legion fluff ^^)

@Skerr : could you post a photo of your TS ? I've been considering a Gold / White paint scheme ! :)

I want to soon. I am painting them umassembled. Each piece is pinned to piece of paperclip which is glued to a wine corks.

I plan on assembling when each piece is finished. Everything is basecoated ( with an airbrush) white and preshaded with white and a bit of blue.

I then painted all 10 lower torsos, then the hip plates/ Tabards. I am almost done with upper torsos then will start on backpacks. So far i am super happy.

I can pm you some pics later todaym

Dunno, Legion traits and Chapter tactics so far are more for the whole army except for a few unit types (like cavalry). I don't know how a Sorcery based trait would work with Tzaangors or Helbrutes etc.

Makes me believe it'll be something else.

That is true, but the DG one does nothing for poxwalkers so it doing nothing for tzaangors really wouldn't be particularly surprising, and a sorcerer helbrute would be a really cool thing to take advantage of a sorcerer legion tactic... I really hope it's not just something like rerolling perils, as useful as it would be, I think that would be kinda lame with the way perils is now. Now a perils negating or psychic test rerolling stratagem on the other hand...

So with more details coming in with the DG codex, it looks like the generic units they get access to won't have the DG specific traits like T5 and disgusting resilience. Probably not a good sign for our generic units and access to inferno bolt guns and 5++ across the board.

Onto the good news though, from what I've read DG should get around 16 new kits in their 33 units. Surely GW will add to our 6 kits and 21 units now if they want to go some way to justifying the codex?

Archived