Cheers dss7.

The free bases are pretty much done but those attached to marines need a little more work. I decided to leave the rims plain white unlike last time, so here's how they stand, almost got this vow finished!

med_gallery_71441_9972_88572.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Got my first vow finished:

med_gallery_71441_9972_75983.jpg

Aurach, The Fleshmaker:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Taros looked up as the astartes entered, even for one of the gene forged warriors he was broad. A daemonic face was set into the plate of his armour, snarling teeth filled a gaping maw and turquoise eyes, seemingly alive with bestial intelligence gleaned below his chest.

“Ahh, strangers come once more to our court. Seeking me… perhaps?”

Taros blanched, his face devoid of all colour, it was not the snarling voice that had shaken him, but its source. The Fleshmaker spoke not from his own mouth which, upon closer inspection, was sewn shut, but through the daemon upon his armour.

A thin, wheedling, almost childlike voice piped up. “Frightened, by the grumblings of the stomach? Ha! I thought the Sons of Horus were warriors of mettle, not cowards like the fools who still cling to their corpse emperor.”

Unmanned, Taros began to stumble away from the man-beast before him. The true voice of Aurach was more terrifying than that of the daemon guarding his torso, the stitched lips moved not an inch as he spoke, the words merely appearing in the air…

med_gallery_71441_9972_96182.jpgmed_gallery_71441_9972_78955.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@deathspectersgt7: Thanks brother, the bases are an absolute nightmare when they're not separate, I can tell you now...

My second vow should be on its way soon, thanks for looking.

Marduk, The Hunter:

“I understand you want reassurances about my work?” inquired Aurach. “There can be unforeseen consequences that can be… disappointing” he announced, indicating with his withered and childlike left arm. “However I am sure that you can see the rewards that can be reaped by those willing to take the risk” now motioning with the twisted and grotesque mass of bone steel and daemonic flesh that comprised his right arm.

“A failure and an overcompensation is all I see” scorned Sarek “We desire proof of your so-called miracles of flesh.”

A bestial grunting and snuffling was emitted from the shadows at this display of disbelief and a muscular astartes bearing the many scars of a pit-fighter stepped forward, what at first appeared to be a hound-like helm was in fact taut daemonic skin, pulled back over a hideously deformed skull. Tall, muscular limbs ending in lethal blades of bone extended from the warriors back, flexing as he leered towards the black-clad delegatus.

“Marduk. They call him the hunter.” Informed Aurach in an offhand, almost bored manner. “The Lord Tor has disallowed him access to the pits on the other ships of the fleet; he haunts the corridors and gantries in the night, eager for blood long after the games have finished. They say the screams are quite exquisite, though the detritus is not…”

med_gallery_71441_9972_419.jpg

med_gallery_71441_9972_12816.jpg

Slight progress on the Lord, put the base colour down on the armour and flesh and started with the cape. I'm still unsure where to block in with the green and where to leave cream.

med_gallery_71441_10945_61168.jpgmed_gallery_71441_10945_42414.jpg

He looks good! I would say if you ever come back to him to paint some gold around his shoulder trim and knee guards to break up all the cream a bit. A bit of extra bling for zing.

Actually, maybe paint it brass and use that technical paint that gave off an oxidized copper effect.

Thanks for commenting folks, I think some tarnished brass or gold would go down a treat, but I'll leave it til a later date as I've got vow number three to crack on with!

This vow consists of chosen, a dark apostle, some daemonettes and a rhino, all for the Warriors of Mayhem. Here's the rhino so far:

med_gallery_71441_9972_34860.jpg

Thanks brother, here's a shot of the completed rhino:

med_gallery_71441_9972_97026.jpg

Also I quickly whipped up a potential scheme for the daemonettes:

med_gallery_71441_9972_93656.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Thanks for looking.

Nabur, Dark Apostle of the Warriors:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nabur charged the ranks of the ivory clad astartes, his fellow warriors but a few steps behind, war-cries ripping from their throats as they hurled themselves upon the hated foe. Nabur singled out the enemy sergeant, a bow legged man with puerile mustachios, for the honour of ritual combat. The loyalist willingly accepted and cannoned his fist into Nabur’s jaw, splaying the champion across the broken floor. Taking advantage of his downed opponent, the sergeant drove his chainblade downwards, reversed like a dagger; Nabur was not nearly as senseless as he had appeared and punched his sabre straight through the loyalist’s gut, twisting the blade cruelly on retraction.

Clambering to his feet Nabur felt a pulse of energy flow through his body, banishing his battle fatigue and deepening his lust for blood. He grinned to himself and breathed a quick prayer as he recognised his god’s influence. Nabur had always been one of the more faithful members of his war band and his ceaseless worship often bore fruit. Bolt shells ricocheted from his shoulder pauldron as an enemy chaplain charged towards him, pistol blazing with righteous fury. Nabur lunged towards this new foe instantly, however his infernal reflexes only just saved him from the war-priest’s riposte. The crackling head of his mace narrowly missing Nabur’s wrist but trapping his sabre and snapping it like a twig. Discarding the now useless blade, Nabur offered an unarmed fight, appealing to the skull-faced warrior’s honour and pride. The chaplain acquiesced and dropped his weapon and charged Nabur, with his shoulder lowered, smashing him to the ground before hurling him bodily across the floor. Opening his eyes, Nabur could hazily see the chaplain looming down upon him, bolt pistol lowered directly in the downed warrior’s eyes.

“Death calls, heretic.” Intoned the black clad priest.

“Aye, but not for me.” Replied Nabur smashing the chaplain’s own mace through his elbow, “To think, a traitor has as much honour as a chaplain of the Emperor.” Nabur laughed as he caved in the skull mask, holy blood misting through the disfigured eye sockets…

med_gallery_71441_9972_18996.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@Uveron: Thanks! Wasn't going to, though I need to add silver around the bullet holes and chips to show the torn metal. Perhaps some light dust round the bottom, near the wheels could improve it though?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks, just returned from holiday and I'm rushing to finish my vow, progress is going well so far and I'm on track to finish in time.

The Apostle and his retinue of chosen are half done:

Chosen (Apostle at same point):

med_gallery_71441_9972_1394721.jpg

Bases:

med_gallery_71441_9972_343857.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nabur grasped the final slave’s head and brought it into position; he made six cuts with the curiously shaped flint knife he wielded in his left hand. One across the eyes, one for the misshapen nose, two for the ears, one for the mouth and a final plunge into the heart, silencing the piteous screams of the writhing, infant-like goat-headed mutant. The wounds obliterated the creature’s senses before stealing its life, offered to the god of excess upon a dark altar covered in sigils that strained the eyes and tortured the mind. Nabur discarded the slave’s corpse which fell to join those of its companions, slumped unceremoniously at the base of the now blood-slicked altar. The unholy warrior screamed obscene blasphemies in tongues never meant for mortal mouths to speak, swinging a censure of sickly sweet incense as he did so. Gradually, whirling vortices appeared above the corpses of the sacrifices, slowly coalescing into lithe, sensuous daemons as a heady musk filled the air. A dark sisterhood, summoned from the depths of hell…

med_gallery_71441_9972_78206.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks for looking.

Thanks for the encouragement folks, the Daemonettes should be finished tonight and then there's not much left to do on the Chosen and Apostle.

@Brother Tyrax: Good to see you back, the bases are neat(ish) only because I draw a grid in pencil first and then fill in the black squares... :tongue.:

• 3 weeks later...

After all that chaos for ETl, it's time to return to my loyalists for a time. I'm holidaying this week, but here's what I'll be cracking on with once I return:

Sternguard Squad:

med_gallery_71441_9958_49980.jpg

med_gallery_71441_9958_52692.jpgmed_gallery_71441_9958_71824.jpg

Command Squad:

Apothecary:

med_gallery_71441_9958_51000.jpg

Veterans (the one with the powerfist is one of my favourite sculpts):

med_gallery_71441_9958_50845.jpg

Champion (Don't think he can be upgraded with claws, but ah well):

med_gallery_71441_9958_43468.jpg

Group:

med_gallery_71441_9958_5777.jpg

No standard bearer for the command squad yet, but that'll be remedied soon (I hope!).

Thanks for looking.

Archived