The Redeemers ~ Black Maru's Order of Redemption

Bukimimaru

I ran out of time and had toget the list in, so I just sent in my Six Up Save league list.

Its served me well so far, although its hardly super optimised for tournement play.

My only chance here is to play for objectives as I have lots of fast units. 

Hug cover, take objectives, book it when things get hairy. Thats practically the Redeemer's motto.  :D

A bit more progress on my ETL vow:

Dev sgt:

ETL   Terms 8

2nd Assault Terminator

ETL   Devs 5

I've been tinkering around with battlescribe and I've discovered that I have enough models to create a 1st company style Archangels Strike Force. I know its a pretty mediocre formation, but it would be fun to use that many terminators all at once.

I can fit this into 2,500 points:

Librarian in Termy Armour.

Furioso, Heavy Flamer, Frag Cannon, Droppod

5 Sternguard, 5x Combi-melta, Powersword, Droppod.

5 Sternguard, 5x Combiplasma, Powersword, Droppod

5 Terminators, Heavy Flamer

5 Terminators, Assualt Cannon

5Terminators, Cyclone Missile Launcher

5 Assault Terminators, Lightning Claws, Banner
5 Assault Terminators, Hammers/Sheilds

5 Assault Terminators, Hammers/Sheilds

5 Vanguard, Jumppacks, 2x Lightning Claws, 4x Powerswords, 1x Stormshield.

5 Vanguard, Jumppacks, 2x Lightning Claws, 4x Powerswords, 1x Stormshield.

Would be fun to play against Tyranids or something.

o_0

I was up all last night painting and preparing the models for the above Archangels list.

I still need to purchase the last set of Vanguard Vets, but aside from that they are all assembled, sprayed, inked and have their first layer of paint. What an slog!

Still got a loooong ways to go. :sleep.:

I'll try and get some pics up soon.

EDIT:

This was my progress after a couple of hours last night, I've done significantly more since then.

Archangels

I got bored of painting Terminator armour so I decided to take a break and paint my kitbashed Blood Angel Captain.

captain 2

Captain

He still needs a few more touches and I need to sort the base out, but he's pretty much done.

Man, I have procrastinated so far away from my ETl vow...

"Calling all reserves! Calling all reserves! Where are you?!"

*static*

"Maru is down... The Deamons have overrun us all, there's no one left, just me and 2 scouts, we need back up!"

*static*

"Oh bolloc-"

*static*

I played two more games in the Six up Save League last night.

First off I played against Paul's Carnival of Flies.

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [Aura of dark glory, Ichor blood, Mark of Nurgle, Melta bombs, Plasma Pistol, Power Armour, The Murder Sword, Veterans of the Long War, Warlord]

+ Elites +

Chosen [5x Chosen, Mark of Nurgle, Replace all weapons w/ Twin Lightning Claws, Replace CCW w/ Power Fist, Veterans of the Long War] ····Chosen Champion [bolt Pistol, Boltgun] ········Power Weapon [Power Maul] ····Replace boltgun w/ Combi-weapon [Combi-melta] ····Replace CCW w/ Power Weapon [Power Axe]

Helbrute [Multi-melta, Power fist]

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [8x autopistol loadout, 9x Cultists in unit, Mark of Nurgle] ····Cultist Champion [Auto Pistol, Champions Shotgun] ····Heavy Weapon upgrade [Flamer]

Plague Marines (Troops) [5x Plague Marine, Veteran of the long war] ····Plague Champion [bolt Pistol, Boltgun, Power Fist] ····Plague Marine with Special weapon [Plasma Gun]

Plague Marines (Troops) [5x Plague Marine, Veteran of the long war] ····Plague Champion [bolt Pistol, Boltgun, Power Fist] ····Plague Marine with Special weapon [Plasma Gun]

Paul got very unlucky with his objective cards, so The Redeemers made off with a runaway victory (somthing like 12-4).

Here's a picture of Black Maru doing what he does best: Hiding and sneakely grabbing objectives.

Maru

My second game was against Stone's horrifying Tzeench list.

+ HQ +

Daemonic Heralds

····Herald of Tzeentch [Psyker Level 3]

Kairos Fateweaver [Warlord]

+ Elites +

Flamers of Tzeentch [3x Flamers]

+ Troops +

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch [10x Pink Horrors]

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch [10x Pink Horrors]

+ Heavy Support +

Daemon Prince (Heavy) [D6 Daemonic Reward, D6 Exalted Daemonic Reward, Daemon of Tzeentch, Daemonic Flight, Mastery 3, Warp-forged Armour]

By the end of turn two, I hadn't killed a single daemon and all I had left was one Tac Sgt and 2 scouts. :(

Turn three my Death Company and Assault Marines came in from reserves, and by turn 5 I had tabled him. :D

The Death Company punked the Daemon Prince, the Assault Marines show Kaeros out of the sky and then charged him to death and from there it was just a case of mopping up what was left.

"Calling all reserves! Calling all reserves! Where are you?!"

*static*

"Maru is down... The Deamons have overrun us all, there's no one left, just me and 2 scouts, we need back up!"

*static*

"Oh bolloc-"

*static*

I'm sure I've seen something like that before... ;)

Congratulations on the win(s). I guess this puts you near the top of the league?

Haha good job :tongue.: what a sneaking bastard Maru is, hiding behind walls, tz tz

For a Librarian he spends most of his games running in the opposite direction, Rincewind style.

It seems his fluff matches his performance on the tabletop. lol.

Sadly he was transformed into a Herald of Tzeench by Kaeros last night. :o

Sanguinary Priest Gravy has got a lot of work to do to get that Daemon banished in time for Maru's tourney apperance this weekend. XD

:o

If I can get my hands on a Herald of Tzeech at my FLGS, I will convert him into a Herald-Librarian and run him on Sunday.

Totally writing this into his fluff and I'll make up a few narrative games of him trying to find a cure to get turned back to normal. XD

Monday morning, a perfect time to go on the internet a post a picture of a lovely pair of Baals.

Baal Preds

I know the Flamestorms are kinda crappy but (a) it was already assembled and (b) I like to have choice, so even though I'll probably never use it, I like to know I have the option. :)

Archived