The Redeemers ~ Black Maru's Order of Redemption

Bukimimaru

They have Peroni.

Peroni.

:smile.:

Never been a fan...

What's the Ale situation? :wink:

Bugmans Brew was very nice.

The board was beautiful and the game was totally awesome! Imperium smashed the forces of Chaos and Black Maru and his assault squad were charged by 3 seperate Daemon Princes and lived. He was finaly killed by the Skull Taker, but it wasnt a decapitating strike, so I'm counting his "death" as a tactical retreat. ;)

I took a silly amount of pictures, I'll pick a few out and try to upload them shorty.

Maru has an epic "Gandalf style" fight with a Bloodthirster on a bridge

WW The bridge

Different angle of the same fight.

WW The bridge2

Death Company punching a Soul Grinder to death.

WW Grinder

Tac Company Sgt leads a hopless charge against 20 Plague Marines. There was no hope of winning this chagre, but admitting defeat is heresy.

Ww charge

Finally, Black Maru getting bum-rushed by ANOTHER Bloodthirster.

WW another prince

That looks like some utterly GORGEOUS terrain! I know it was going to be, what with Warhammer World and all that, but there's something about actually seeing it that's just... Something else.

Good to see Black Maru in situations appropriate to an Idiot of his standing :P! Facing down TWO bloodthirsters surely is an instant addition to the Darwin Awards Hall of Fame!

It was really funny becuase the Thunderwolf cavelry had to REPEATEDLY come to his rescue.

Getting charged by one Damon Prince is unfortunate, two is unlucky but three is just plain silly.

Then to survive all 3 assaults only to get stabbed by the Skulltaker seemed somehow very apropiate. >_<

I'm currently tied for first place in the Six up Save league.

No surprises that the other army competing for first place is an Eldar list. >_<

Hoping to get a game against Stone and his Tzeech Summoning list over the weekend, gotta keep this winning streak alive. ;)

Sure thing.

Bare in mind the theme of the league was to build a legal themed or fluffy list, so these arn't exactly your typical 'balanced' lists. 

My list:

Six Up Save

+ HQ +

Librarian [bolt Pistol, Force Weapon, Jump pack, Psyker (ML2)]

+ Elites +

Furioso Dreadnought [Magna-grapple]
····Drop Pod [storm Bolter]
····Power Fists [Frag cannon, Heavy flamer]

Death Company Squad [7x Bolt Pistol, 5x Chainsword, 7x Death Company Marine, Jump Pack, Power Fist, Power Weapon]

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad [Flamer, Heavy flamer, Rhino, 9x Tactical Marine]
····Tactical Sergeant [Combi-Flamer, Power weapon]

Scout Squad [Camo Cloaks, 4x Scouts, 3x Sniper Rifle]
····Heavy Bolter [Hellfire shells]
····Scout Sergeant [sniper Rifle]

+ Fast Attack +

Assault Squad [9x Assault Marines, Jump Packs, 2x Meltagun]
····Assault Sergeant [2x Inferno Pistol]

My first game was against Sam and his Nurgle Damons:

Nurgle

+ HQ +

Daemonic Heralds
····Herald of Nurgle [Greater Locus of Fecundity, Psyker Level 2]

+ Elites +

Beast of Nurgle [2x Beasts]

Beast of Nurgle [2x Beasts]

+ Troops +

Nurglings [3x Nurglings]

Nurglings [3x Nurglings]

Plaguebearers of Nurgle [instrument of Chaos, 10x Plaguebearers]

+ Heavy Support +

Soul Grinder of Chaos [Daemon of Nurgle, Phlegm Bombardment]

Game number two was Charles and his Tyranids:

Charles' nids

+ HQ +

Flying Hive Tyrant - Sything Talons, Stranglthorn Cannon

Tervigon

+Troops+

Termigaunts [10X fleshborers, 5X devourers] 

Termigaunts [10X fleshborers, 5X devourers] 

+Fast+

Hive Crone - Strnagletorn Cannon

+Heavy+

Carnifex [crushing claws, Heavy Venom Cannon]

Haruspex

The Tyranid game was especially eventful, scroll back a page for the details if you havnt already seen them. >_<

Weekend over and I've made a little progess on my ETL vow. I've also got my hands on a base for my newest Imperial Knight, so once I get my hands on some black primer I'll be painting him up as a Death Company Knight. >:D

I didnt get a league game in unfortunatly, but Stone (the Tzeench player) played his first two games and won both by a landslide, putting him joint 1st.

Next batch of league games will be Wednesday night where I'll be playing Martin's Wind Rider Host jet bike list. :s

Could the Redeemers be in for their first loss in the league? Let's hope not. >_<

Want to know a fun trick against those wind riders?

Flame. Storm. Cannons.

Take a couple Baals with that and heavy bolters. He'll be so worried about that AP3 ignore cover template you can start to dictate the battle, and AV 13 can't be glanced by Scatter Lasers :)

Of course some lances could ruin the day (... This is why we need squads) but it's a big target.

Or just Bring a Redeemer full of scouts and Corbulo + Mephiston.

Sadly, because its a league game, I cant alter my list at all. 

My list:

Six Up Save

+ HQ +

Librarian [bolt Pistol, Force Weapon, Jump pack, Psyker (ML2)]

+ Elites +

Furioso Dreadnought [Magna-grapple]
····Drop Pod [storm Bolter]
····Power Fists [Frag cannon, Heavy flamer]

Death Company Squad [7x Bolt Pistol, 5x Chainsword, 7x Death Company Marine, Jump Pack, Power Fist, Power Weapon]

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad [Flamer, Heavy flamer, Rhino, 9x Tactical Marine]
····Tactical Sergeant [Combi-Flamer, Power weapon]

Scout Squad [Camo Cloaks, 4x Scouts, 3x Sniper Rifle]
····Heavy Bolter [Hellfire shells]
····Scout Sergeant [sniper Rifle]

+ Fast Attack +

Assault Squad [9x Assault Marines, Jump Packs, 2x Meltagun]
····Assault Sergeant [2x Inferno Pistol]

The guy I'm playing is the list I'm most worried about.

It looks something like this:

++ Eldar Craftworlds: Codex (2015) (Craftworld Warhost) ++

+ Core +

Windrider Host
Skyrunner Farseer [shuriken Pistol, Singing spear, Skyrunner]
Skyrunner Warlock Conclave
Warlock [skyrunner, Witchblade]
····Vyper Squadron
Vyper [brightlance, Shuriken cannon]
Windriders [4x Windrider with Shuriken cannon]

+ Auxiliary +

Aspect Host [+1 Ballistic Skill]
Dire Avengers [4x Dire Avenger]
..........Dire Avenger Exarch [Avenger shuriken catapult]
Wave Serpent [shuriken cannon, Twin-linked brightlances]
Fire Dragons [4x Fire Dragon]
.........Fire Dragon Exarch [Fusion Gun]
Warp Spiders [5x Warp Spider]
········Warp Spider Exarch [Death Spinner]

Windhost

Aside from dropping my Fraggisos turn one and trying to toast as many jetbikes as possible on turn one, I have no idea how to combat this list. It's faster, tougher and shootier than me. :/ 

Any advice?

Pretty much that. Play aggressive and play to the mission. Where possible, try to clump the Objectives together and have them so you can advance. Never lose sight of the mission, combat squad your stuff and try to take them in combat where you can.

Are the DAs in the Wave Serpent? Foot slogging Fire Dragons can be avoided but it's going to be tough as they have 6" Run move thanks to the Detachment bonus. What discipline is the Librarian running again? Only he is going to have a major role to play.

Aye, shouldve known about the league, doh!

I think you need to focus your fire, he doesn't have too many units that can stand up to two or more units shooting at them.

I'd be tempted to deep strike both the RAS and Dread together. They pop the serpent then he burninates/ fraginates the squishy cargo. But there are only five so it could be over kill.

His small units put out the hurt but cannot take it, use this to your advantage! Rending sucks but just use your Cover and heavy flamers to purge the Xenos.

Unfortunatly I have no way of dropping the Assault Marines and the Dread together, the Dread is in a Pod so has to come in turn one, but the deepstrike marines would have to wait for turn two.

My Librarian, Maru, is going with Divination to try and ge re-rolls. He goes  with the assualt Marines and hopfully get all 4 melta shots off against the wave serpent.

Hopfully Big Crispin can take out at least one of the jetbike squad, and Maru's assualt marines kill the Wave Serpent.

The Death Company are my distraction unit to keep him on his toes. (Just hope to get lucky with my FNP rolls).

The Tac squad stays in the Rhino and turbo boosts into what ever he can catch with my flamer/heavyflamer shooting out the top hatch.

I'm relying on a lot of thing failing to go horribly wrong here I know, but what else can we do? >_<

Just a point that you may have missed, but if they assault your Rhino the two occupants can Overwatch :smile.:

I didnt know that.

Assuming they get as many shots as there are access points?

Oh, does that mean open top transports get to overwatch with everything inside?

Just a point that you may have missed, but if they assault your Rhino the two occupants can Overwatch :smile.:

I didnt know that.

Assuming they get as many shots as there are access points?

Oh, does that mean open top transports get to overwatch with everything inside?

TRANSPORTS AND ASSAULTS

If a Transport vehicle is assaulted, an embarked unit can fire Overwatch at the attackers

out of its Fire Points – note that a unit can still only fire Overwatch once a turn, even if

embarked on a Transport. If a Transport vehicle is Wrecked, Explodes or Crashes and

Burns, any Wounds caused to its passengers do not count towards assault results, and any

surviving passengers are not locked in combat with the units assaulting their vehicle.

As you missed the part about cracking the egg and eating the contents the other day, I thought you might not know this one either. To be honest, I only knew about it when I looked up the earlier point!

Uh, 7th edition wroght so many little changes it twists my melon. >_<

I've found a use for the Blood Chalace I got with teh BA upgrade sprue.

It's early days piant-wise, but behold Sanguinary Priest Gravy get his first bike!

Priest

Also got a shot of new newest Knight now he has a base:

DC Knight

And his now completed brother:

Knight

Black Maru definitely is the most retarded librarian in this universe :D fighting 3 thirsters and coming out on top, fortune surely favours the fools ^^

The upgrade sprue is indeed amazing, so many cool bitz in there, definitely worth it!

Archived