Of course you are. After all, Officer rations include apple sauce, gravy, roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding and so on :smile.:

Man... That sounds so much better than our rations... All I ever seem to get is chicken ala king with egg noodles or beef stew... With hardtack, gatorade, beef jerky, and cheese crackers. 

We don't have officer rations...

My guardsmen only get the Omlette MREs. All candy is forfeited back to the Emperor. 

Of course you are. After all, Officer rations include apple sauce, gravy, roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding and so on :smile.:

Man... That sounds so much better than our rations... All I ever seem to get is chicken ala king with egg noodles or beef stew... With hardtack, gatorade, beef jerky, and cheese crackers. 

We don't have officer rations...

My guardsmen only get the Omlette MREs. All candy is forfeited back to the Emperor. 

BLECH! I hated those, they were terrible, thank God they no longer make them. My men get the good MRE's and all the contents, gotta keep their strength up. I wonder how many boxes of MRE's could fit in that shadowsword stormsword that WF just finished?

Edited by Ulrik_Ironfist

It's magnetised, so it has many names :tongue.:

I've done the final bit of assembly work on the Lord Commissar and given him a GS eyepatch. Doesn't look too bad if I do say so myself:

gallery_30308_10714_17262.jpg

I will prime the model tomorrow and get some of the base coats done so I'm expecting to get most of him done over the weekend :thumbsup:

I'm picturing him somewhere along the lines of Xiahou Dun (Romance of the Three Kingdoms).  TL:DR; he gets shot in the eye with an arrow, then eats it.  You know, because it's already part of him.  Also, because he's a BEAST!  :furious:

just a silly question: is Green Stuff still available in non liquid form?

That cape is so well done!

Yes. You can get it in long rolls as a binary, or in tubes (I prefer the separate tubes, as you don't get the hardening where the two meet). Look up Green Stuff on Amazon, you'll find it.

Edited by Ulrik_Ironfist

Thanks :smile.: That is the Charadon, though it looks a bit shiny in this picture. This is after one good Badab Black wash, I may follow it up with another :smile.:

edit: wait for his background scats ;)

Edited by WarriorFish

• 3 weeks later...

It's so nice to have the B&C back! I found motivation waning during those dark days but while I didn't paint or glue anything I wasn't wasting time. The ancient Leman Russ has found a dip! This also nicely dissolves the glue, or rather does on less venerable models... I don't know what they made the paint out of back then but it's tough stuff! I think the colours used are particularly hardy too, no doubt reinforced further still being on the blessed hull of a Leman Russ :tongue.:

I may need to invest in a larger scrubbing device with sturdier bristles. For the moment I've put the tank back in the Fairy power spray, I may leave it until the weekend in the likely vain hope I'll need to put less elbow grease in. I also dug out a few things, mostly Marine stuff but I did find another officer model to add to the pile :smile.: I have other projects that I will be spending time on (such as my Knight) but these odd Guard models will be a great break from them.

I've not forgotten the two Bullgryns to do along with the Scions either, plus there's a certain painting event scheduled soon... :wink:

Sounds like you have made some nice progress :thumbsup:

If I find the paint being a little stubborn during stripping I use a spot of jif cream on a tooth brush to help to persuade it to leave. Works really well on large models.

I'm keeping busy, the stripping is a bit annoying so I'm going to attack that properly tomorrow to give it a good soak. In the mean time I've started on another project as planned. I will be documenting it in the AdMech section as I promised to return when I got going, so you can follow my progress there :)