Initial kit-bash for a female champion.

gallery_83859_14386_417199.jpeg

It's going to take a bit of green-stuffing but I think the pose works: like she's just shucked open/off the jacket and whipped out the grenade launcher. I've used a storm trooper great coat over a mix of GSC and Escher body parts. The head is a female DE hellion one with the braids filed away and a Cadian respirator added.

• 3 weeks later...

Meet Nadia:

gallery_83859_14386_596546.jpeg

Very happy with how the conversion turned out but, between the great coat and the grenade launcher, most of the detail is covered up.

gallery_83859_14386_300711.jpeg

As with the gang leader, I trimmed down a GSC abdominal plate and GS'd it in with an Escher upper body. Don't think it turned out too bad at all.

gallery_83859_14386_921598.jpeg

As opposed to the Alpha Legion inspired scheme for the gang leader, I fancied something a little closer to the classic GSC scheme whilst keeping the same palette; again it hints there might be more to House Delaque than meets the eye. I think it also helps highlight they're a gang and not a uniform military outfit.

With these done, I'll hopefully finish the first ganger this week and then start work on a champion with a lascannon.

First ganger done.

gallery_83859_14386_149577.jpeg

I went for a colour scheme that split the difference between the gang leader and the champion that, in unison, I think ties the group together. For future gangers, I'll probably keep a similar scheme but vary the colour of the jacket. Speaking of the jacket, I like how it's shorter cut; I imagine in a Delaque gang bigger jackets (or other bits like wrist computers etc) are status symbols.

On the note of bigger jackets:

gallery_83859_14386_330862.jpeg

Very early work on the next gang champion. I was trying to capture a bit of the look of the Oldmunda bounty hunter with a trench coat and two pistols. Again, it's a GSC lower body but this time with a clipped down Death Jester body and jacket. He's going to be armed with a lascannon which I want to look like a big-boy sniper rifle which will take some tweaking to get right, I think.

So...

It's been a while. A combination of the pace of real life and Forgeworld's slowdown on the Heresy caused me a bit of a hobby dip. I probably won't return to the Heresy until the First Legion gets its Black Book in the mid-future but, that said, inspiration has struck us with the return of Necromunda. You can't have a gang fight in the depths of the Underhive without some suitable terrain, so I've started tinkering with:

gallery_83859_14386_793592.jpeg

Servitor Sally's Surplus Shooting Supplies.

More to come soon.

That's a great conversion of the cargo crate, might have to try that one myself. :tu:

Cheers. Since I threw it together I've seen some very clever conversions on a Yak Tribe in a similar vein, particularly 'Hive Guys' burger and fries joints. I'm going to finish it off when FW release Belladonna who I'm going to convert into the proprietoress, Servitor Sally.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sally's is finally finished:

gallery_83859_14386_205227.jpeg

gallery_83859_14386_493887.jpeg

I painted up a servitor in similar colours to Sally, although the pale flesh is the same cold scheme as my Delaques. I used a mix of third ed, N17, and the Munitorium crates for a bit of suitable scatter terrain around the shop.

gallery_83859_14386_360605.jpeg

I pinned the floor and sides so the roof is removable. Very happy with how the various bits of merchandise came out. Not everything advertised on the posters is on the shelf; the Van Saar clearance sale has obviously done well.

gallery_83859_14386_482644.jpeg

And with that, the shop is open for business.

Next up, a female Delaque ganger along with some hive scum and a cyborg assassin

So I got sidetracked...

Whilst working on my hive scum, I got to wondering what a scummer's little hole-stead would look like. Perhaps it might look like:

gallery_83859_14386_17699.jpeg

I imagine smaller Underhive settlements or trading posts clinging to the walkways between towering machinery. So, to fit on those gantries the hole-steady would have to be pretty small. Ideally, it should also be able to be moved if a spore seam dries up etc. A cut-down ubiquitous munitorium container fits that bill.

But who lives behind a Zinge Industries door like this?

gallery_83859_14386_234190.jpeg

Let's take a look.

gallery_83859_14386_470605.jpeg

I took some inspiration from Ripley's claustrophobic 'apartment' in Aliens. I cut down a Rhino terminal and stuck it on the same wall as the exterior satellite dish. Across from that I put a plasticard bed/sofa. On the back wall is a curtained ablution and a shelf above the bed. That leaves just enough room for the scummer to stand up! Whilst I'll have to add some detailing, as a proof of concept I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out.

The hive scum living quarters are an interesting and original work. I'm giving it a Like despite the fact it's incomplete (unpainted)- even in this state, your efforts are noticeable.

Is the toilet in the shower stall, like those in an Amtrak Superliner? Or does the occupant step outside to defecate in a nearby alley?

Thanks for the kind comments.

Bjorn - just out of shot behind the scummer is a small toilet. I'm going to drill through the back wall and run a disposable straw in from it to represent the plumbing.

Ash - it's a Voss pattern lasgun with an Anvil Industries sight on top. You can find them as an accessory in IG tanks I believe. Otherwise, they're quite plentiful on eBay.

In fact, here it is with paint:

gallery_83859_14386_340288.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Underhive holestead:

gallery_83859_14386_1221885.jpeg

Went with some Zinge wriggly tin for the awning for the porch, the door, and the rivet strips either side of it. Some posters from Yaktribe also decorate the side of the hovel.

gallery_83859_14386_740366.jpeg

The back of the hovel isn't California compliant as I used a drinking straw to be the piping for the interior shower.

gallery_83859_14386_470290.jpeg

Speaking of which, you can see the ablutions cubicle from the inside here, complete with toilet in the corner.

gallery_83859_14386_727971.jpeg

Looking at this angle, you can see the hovel's only real stick of furniture. I used greenstuff and cutting of plastic to make the sheet and pillow for the bed. A couple of posters on the wall and a slightly kitbashed shotgun propped up by the bed act as a little decoration. Annoyingly I've just noticed a bottle of beer on the top shelf is hidden from view in this phot!

gallery_83859_14386_81584.jpeg

'Oh boy! Here I go scumming again!'

Archived