++Blood for the Blood God: Daemonkin community++

It was just a scenario special rule that my brother came up with.

Just for the record, I lost the last game hard. Completely tabled and he had loads left. I was, I felt, really unlucky. Axe of Khorne berserker champion failed to hit once (needed 3s). A Maulerfiend missed all it's attacks needed 4s. Lord and 2 bikes caught a long range change off a dreadnought and all got killed at I4. Rolled 2 Melta bombs and failed to hit. A unit of 16 bloodletters and herald failed in a 5" charge (should have used the banner rule).

The only good thing was the Soul Grinder. It didn't do much but it lasted ages with Armour 13 and 5+ save. I just couldn't hit a thing. I think the end was 11 to 3 VP.

Yeah somedays are worse then others.

So today played a 2Vs2 (did a lot of these, these last few weeks...) my Iron Slaugther KDK and Necrons vs UM and Eldars.

The Eldar player wanted to play a "soft and fluff" list..., yeah call me an idiot if you want but 20 bikes with scatter lasers and 2x3 of the FW Hornets+3 Fireprisme and 3 of those Eldar Flyers..., dunno if that is fluffy, but hey, i'm not judging.

So we got the deployement that i though would be our doom, the one that you deploy and play in the length of the table.

Also eldar player and UM player though with reasons that with the Eldar mobility they would be the ones to come to our side, but they where quite surprised at how fast KDK can be...

So by the end of the Game we won 11-4, with 8 of those points was done by me, was lucky enough to have the right Objectives cards to give us lots of D3 rolls, namely Khorne's Care not, Murder-call, Blood God Scorn's( killed the Eldar WArseer), and forgot the others.

I took the brunt of the 20 scatter lasers shots per turn of each squads, my Hounds with Jugger lord once i gave them FnP, resisted exceptionally well, losing only 2 wounds per turn, to the dismay of the Eldar player.

My Soul crusher downed one the of the Eldar flyers, 2 hits, 2 penetrations, double immobilized, well that was a good day for him.

By that moment the Eldar player went a bit on a rant, he's a nice guy to hang out with, really, but he's the kind of guy that get not really angry, but miffed if things don't go according to plan.

Like when i DtW on the Mental War he sent to my Lord and only lost 2 wounds with his Psy power, Psy Tempest??, while he did 10 hits,( succeded 5 invul saves, succeded 3 FnPs).

He also was miffed about my bikes from my Gorepack, since the Marine player told him to not worry about them, they will die quickly, excepte that one bike survived in one unit, an tarpitted a TAC squad and the others 2 who was a Melta and the Champ, charged and destroyed one of the Marine tank, and 2 of the Hornets, and all of thise while going the long way, driving like crazy by the side of the table( so like 40"-ish of terrain to cover), wich was really epic if you ask me.

He kinda trhowed a tantrum, that for once that he brings a fluffy list, we play things that can kill him or that has AV 13-14 everywhere( my LR and Soul crusher, and the Necron 4 vehicles, 2 Arcs and 2 Tesla consols, so yeah a total of 6 vehicles in a 4000pts army...).

So my Necron buddy was kinda impressed with how my army had done things, soaking in hits and hits, and still dishing out the pain like candies, the Marine player was amazed that my units who where assaulting had 5A per models( thanks to the +1 from the Blood tithe), and in the following turn when he assaults my units and that i still have 4A per models, and i Murder his squads, man what a laugh i had.

But even after all this, the game was still fun, there is no side that was overwhelming to the other, just had real luck wiht the Victory points and the Cards.

Of course when my Jugger Lord decapitated the Eldar Warseer, i let out a mighty BftBG!, since well it was the Eldar Warlord and also a Psyker.

When life gives you lemons... Blood For the Blood God!

Sounds like a really fun game boss :)  I'm pretty jealous.  I haven't gotten a chance to play in quite a while because of my school schedule and wife and kid and all that.  I'm planning a 1850 Daemonkin game coming up in a few weeks and I'm super pumped to see if I can enjoy some of this glory (gore/blood) you were basking in for this game!

-Brett

Check out the rules I made for this codex for three units we are missing, I feel one of them is pretty innovative while the other ones are more copy paste, sadly.

Let me know what you guys think

~Sapphon

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/313023-khorne-daemonkin-apothecary-warpsmith-sorcerer/

Hey all, been a while!

I played a game today, Daemonkin vs Eldar, 3000pts. 

Neither of the armies were optomised, but it was fun! My army was marine heavy (2x CSM min units, 1x Berserker unit) with lots of hounds (20), and some other bits and pieces. My army was a Bloodhost (Slaughtercult, Gorepack, War Engine), and a CAD. I'll talk about my units:

*Juggerlord w/ Sigil, AoK, Powerfist, Bloodforged Armour

This guy was a beast. Killed 10 Banshees and Decapitating struck a Avatar of Khaine. Really like this build, tough, killy, but expensive. He was Mind War'ed off the field by Eldrad, but he did his job.

*Chaos Space Marines: 7x Marines, Icon of Wrath, CC Weapons and Bolters, Meltagun, Champ w/ Power Weapon. Rhino.

These units were good. Feel No Pain is great for keeping them alive, and were versatile, adding some fire-power to the army.

*Berserkers: Min size with Power Weapon and Melta Bombs. Rhino. 

Killed the Wraithguard D-Scythes and Spiritseer. I mis-played them, but I can see potential.

*5 Spawn

These guys are good. Meatshields. Misplayed them, ran into some D-Scythes though which was a poor idea...

*Gorepack: 2x10 Hounds, 2x 3 Bikers, 2 Meltas, Combi-Melta.

Incredible, and essential. Meatshields, and the Bikers were tough. Thinking about making the Bikers 8 man and making them into a dedicated combat unit. Hounds were great bullet sponges for my lord and transports, took a lot of firepower.

*Bloodletters: Min size.

Great. Deep struck into position, were annoying, and 1 dude wiped out an entire Fire Dragon squad, and a summoned unit killed a Wave Serpent and a Falcon. Feel No Pain essential. Really nice, I think they are better and cheaper than marines, but you can't do Chaos without Traitor Astartes! 

*Possessed: Min size.

Surprisingly, really, really good. Khorne Daemon and MoK make them surprisingly killy. Killed tons of guardians and Dire Avengers, and took a lot of fire. Looked after a Kor'Lath lord, got murdered by Reapers in the end. I stuck them into a Land Raider. Land Raider may be too many points, but got these guys into position. Not a bad tax.

*Helbrute: Heavy Flamer, Multimelta.

Always an iconic Astartes unit, a dread. Was fun, I think its better as part of a mayhem pack, although it is a good anchor or support unit, although a Maulerfiend would be better (I don't have one yet!).

*Daemon Prince: Goredrinker, Warp Forged Armour, Wings.

Fluffed some challenges, but wrecked some War Walkers, died to Anti-Tank. I think he can be good, but needs other distractions/ better placement.

*Kor'lath Lord: What it says on the tin. Sigil and Melta Bombs too. 

I think the axe is a waste, it takes too long to get the Thirster to do anything, unless it ends up being FAQ'ed. Blade of Endless Bloodshed or Skull Helm would be better. Oh, and a Jugger. AoK and Powerfist with Skullhelm may be better. But I had a nice model, so oh well!

*Cultists: Min size.

Good at sitting on things, bad at holding them. I don't know if more Bloodletters would be better for 12 more points. 

*Land Raider: Legacy of the 1st War of Armageddon, Extra Armour.

Transported the Possessed. I liked it, nice to have some armour, and everyone likes the look of the beasts! Did well to say I was against Eldar with tons of Anti Tank (Lances, the nasty D, Melta etc). I think saturating the table with targets is good for its survival, but it only belongs in bigger games because of it. 

*2x 3 Melta Termies, (2x Power Maul, Axe) (1x Maul, 2 Axe)

Meltacides. One hit the target, Metla'ed poorly then died, and the other misshaped, and had to walk and kill a Wraithlord after 3 turns of walking. Decent, very little points, and good pressure and AT that the list sorely needed for a game this size. 

I lost overall, but it was a great game. Eldar are tough. But Feel No Pain is the only thing you need to concern yourself with, and summoning some bits and pieces for objectives and pressure when needed. Daemon Prince without wings is useful, but never bother with the Thirster, unless you get a good position with it, or it is early game.

I want to add 3 Maulerfiends, a Heldrake, and a pair of Soul Grinders. I need some more armour. Charnel Cohort may be an addition, with a large swell of Bloodletters, a Jugger Herald, and some other bits. Another Jugger, and possibly a D-Thirster/ Unfettered Fury may be added, because the model is sick. I may think about the larger units of bikes, they could be good for a fast force. 

But what is the lesson? Gorepack, and Feel No Pain. 

Based on discussions in other threads I came up with a homebrew HQ for KDK you guys may find interesting (or totally stupid :smile.:). Let me know what you think:

KHORNATE SPELLBREAKER

http://i.imgur.com/BfkP5uxl.jpg

A Khornate Spellbreaker may be taken as an HQ choice in a Khorne Daemonkin army, and may fill the HQ requirement of any formation found in Codex: Khorne Daemonkin.

Khornate Spellbreaker: 140 points

WS5 BS4 S4 T4 I4 W2 A3 Ld9 Sv3+

Wargear:
Power Armor
Bolt Pistol
Frag Grenades
Krak Grenades
Mark of Khorne
Bloodrune Collar
Witcheater Blade

Bloodrune Collar: +2 to Deny the Witch Rolls, +2 dice to the controlling player's warp charge pool for Deny the Witch attempts
Witcheater Blade: Range - S: User AP: 3 Type: Melee, Rending, Witcheater
Witcheater: To-wound rolls of 5+ against enemies with the Psyker special rule cause Instant Death.

Special Rules:
Independent Character (Infantry)
Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the Skull Throne!
Fearless
Preferred Enemy (Psykers)
Rancorous Aura
"Try it, witch"

Rancorous Aura: The Khornate Spellbreaker may attempt to Deny the Witch with full modification from the Bloodrune Collar (and Adamantium Will, if generated from the Blood Tithe table or the Brazen Rune artefact) for any and all enemy psychic powers manifested within 18". In addition, the Spellbreaker's controlling player receives double the d6 roll for warp charges generated during the opponent's psychic phase. A Spellbreaker may never join a unit with the Psyker special rule.

"Try it, witch": Any psychic power successfully cast on the Spellbreaker or his unit automatically causes the psyker who manifested the power to immediately roll on the Perils of the Warp table, re-rolling all Warp Surge results. Friendly psykers who attempt to manifest powers within 18" of the Spellbreaker must roll a 5+ instead of 4+ to utilize warp charges.

Options:
May take items from the Special Issue Wargear, Gifts of Khorne, Melee Weapons, and/or Artefacts of Slaughter lists.
The Khornate Spellbreaker may replace his Power Armor, grenades, and Bolt Pistol with Terminator Armor and a Combi-bolter for 25 points.

No idea about rules, don't play enough to judge balance, etc. But I prefer the idea over sorcerers (personal opinion only). What's the fluff behind them? Psyker who turns to Khorne and is collared would be good for me :)

Minor point, Rancorous Aura you reference the Collar of Khorne. Do you mean Bloodrune Collar?

No idea about rules, don't play enough to judge balance, etc. But I prefer the idea over sorcerers (personal opinion only). What's the fluff behind them? Psyker who turns to Khorne and is collared would be good for me :smile.:

Minor point, Rancorous Aura you reference the Collar of Khorne. Do you mean Bloodrune Collar?

Oops, yes. Forgot to edit that bit :). Thanks!

As for fluff, I haven't really come up with anything yet. 

Well for my alternate Legion (which falls to Khorne) I was having the Librarians collared and then they amplify the collar null zone so they could display powers.  This is based off the old Slaves to Darkness where wizards/psykers lost their powers and were able to display.  They're is something poetic about psykers becoming psyker killers.

mmh...maybe something like this.

Spellbreakers are wretched and Doomed creatures, before having such cruel destiny bestowned upon them, they where Psykers, Sorcerors and Alchemist of all kinds.

Usually Khorne Followers either sacrifice Psykers to their Dark Liege or enslave them so that they might do tasks unaccesible for Khorne's followers, like Navigating in the Warp, making contracts with Deamons or imbuing Deamonic essence into Machines and Wargear.

Their liefe are miserable, used has tools, and regarded as lower then filth, Psykers despite their powers learn to fear Khorne's Champions, because of their rage and bloodlust, but there is one fate they fear the Most, to become a Spellbreaker.

This fate is usually reserved to those that Khorne's followers particularly like to torment and torture, and for a Psyker its a fate worse then death, yes..., death would be a far more kinder fate.

Spellbreakers are "equipped" with Bloodrunes Collars, those heavy brass Collars, denies a Psyker acces to his Knowledge of the Warp, thanks to the Runes of Domination inscribed on it, spiked chains that hangs from the collar is jammed into the Psyker skull, wich drive them insane, because the Collar is not of this world, its existance is fading from our world into the Realm of Chaos, rendering it non-lethal to the Bearer, but he still feels the Pain, a pain that comes from the depths of the soul, a never ending pain that drives them mad with agony.

The function of the Collars is not to only, negate the Psyker acces to the Warp, but also to turn him into a Living scar into reality, Spellbreakers let a dark aura seep through the Collar and their brain, an aura filled with hatred and Madness, the Psyker still feels the Warp coursing through him, excersing an never ceasing pressure into his skull, wich fills him with contempte and jealousy towards other Psykers, his desire to gain once again his Powers, is then changed in some sort of leeching force, wich will absorbe and engulf others Psykers powers and essence, the Only way Spellbreakers can alliviate the pain, even momentarly is if they "feed" on others Psykers, turning them against their own "kind", for the greater amusment of the Khorne Champions.

Just like the saying goes, "Fight fire with fire".

mmh...maybe something like this.

Spellbreakers are wretched and Doomed creatures, before having such cruel destiny bestowned upon them, they where Psykers, Sorcerors and Alchemist of all kinds.

Usually Khorne Followers either sacrifice Psykers to their Dark Liege or enslave them so that they might do tasks unaccesible for Khorne's followers, like Navigating in the Warp, making contracts with Deamons or imbuing Deamonic essence into Machines and Wargear.

Their liefe are miserable, used has tools, and regarded as lower then filth, Psykers despite their powers learn to fear Khorne's Champions, because of their rage and bloodlust, but there is one fate they fear the Most, to become a Spellbreaker.

This fate is usually reserved to those that Khorne's followers particularly like to torment and torture, and for a Psyker its a fate worse then death, yes..., death would be a far more kinder fate.

Spellbreakers are "equipped" with Bloodrunes Collars, those heavy brass Collars, denies a Psyker acces to his Knowledge of the Warp, thanks to the Runes of Domination inscribed on it, spiked chains that hangs from the collar is jammed into the Psyker skull, wich drive them insane, because the Collar is not of this world, its existance is fading from our world into the Realm of Chaos, rendering it non-lethal to the Bearer, but he still feels the Pain, a pain that comes from the depths of the soul, a never ending pain that drives them mad with agony.

The function of the Collars is not to only, negate the Psyker acces to the Warp, but also to turn him into a Living scar into reality, Spellbreakers let a dark aura seep through the Collar and their brain, an aura filled with hatred and Madness, the Psyker still feels the Warp coursing through him, excersing an never ceasing pressure into his skull, wich fills him with contempte and jealousy towards other Psykers, his desire to gain once again his Powers, is then changed in some sort of leeching force, wich will absorbe and engulf others Psykers powers and essence, the Only way Spellbreakers can alliviate the pain, even momentarly is if they "feed" on others Psykers, turning them against their own "kind", for the greater amusment of the Khorne Champions.

Just like the saying goes, "Fight fire with fire".

Very cool stuff. The bold portion is my favorite.

I've edited the Spellbreaker's entry.

1.) Increased points cost by 10 to 140

2.) Removed Adamantium Will

3.) Reduced range of Rancorous Aura to 18"

4.) Reduced range of "Try it, witch" to 18"

5.) Changed Witcheater to only cause Instant Death to psykers on a 5+ to wound

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/313022-kill-maim-burn/?do=findComment&comment=4164506

this is a forum thread I created for tactics, playing wise I am very new to the game but research and viewingwise not so much, I would love everyone's input on anything khornate :D

Thanks

~Sapphon

So played last night versio my buddy who plays Sentinels of Terra.

A really "Castel rock" like formation and play style, 3 Vindis with their formation that allows them to make a Blast 10" shot, a Suppression formation, the one with the Speeder and the 2 Whirlwinds, 1 Ven dread, 2 Libririans in termi armor, 3 Tac squads, 1 razorback, 1 rhino, 3Centurions,1Lascan pred and an Aigis def line with autocanon turret.

The large portion of his army deployed waaaaay deep in his zone, the 3 vindis, with marines next to it, with centurions on the other side and all that behind the aegis, while the rest is on the sides.

i win the roll for deployement, and let him deploy first, once he have everything set up, i deploy with nearly all i can cram on each sides to avoid the combined fire of the 3 vindis, juste put 2 Hounds units and the Soul crusher in front but if i loose the hounds it sno big deal and the Soul crusher can stay out of the vindis effective range, since i know giving his setup that he doesn't plan to move them.

Makes my scout moves with the Hounds to put them in terrain and quickly put on some pressure, i manage to snatch the first turn.

Bikes on each sides and hounds +1 Mauler on each side go fast has Hell, the bikes on the left manage to be in range with their 2 meltas of the Speeder, hits it both and destroys it, making his WW formation useless.

On the Other side the bikes and LR take off a few HP's off the razor and the Rhino, Soul crusher manage to put a glancing and a penrtating hit on 2 of the vindis, i only manage to Stun the vindi, but thats enough to prevent him to use his super ammunition that ignores covers.

Long story short, i win 5 to 0, and we din't go any further then my 3rd turn, since all he add on the table at this time was 2x5 marines that where on the brink of death, a rhino, the AC turret from the aegis and 2 Vindis, while i only lost one Mauler, 1 bike here, 2 bikes there, 5 hounds.

At this point we both noticed that we had forgotten to deploy and play units, since we did go a bit fast to start the game, i forgot to deploy my 2 Cultists units, while he forgot to deploy and use 1x10 man Assault squad and 1x5 man vanguard vets.

But in all honesty, none of them would have mattered.

A fun moment of the game whas when one of his Libbys  got a Peril of the Warp, rolled the 6, tryed to activate next his Force weapon, and with the only 2 dices left i had, still DtW it, and then he assaulted me, and my Lord absolutly murdered him, without a chance of retribution, since he had an Axe, and i had a Khorne's Axe.

And all of this under the gaze of the Eldar guy from last week, with whom me and another KDK had an argument because he puts KDK in the top 4 codexes with Eldars, Crones and Taus...

We argued for an hour that while the book is nice and fun to play, its basiccaly the same has CSM, with a bit less options, only 2 on the 6 formations that works and a nice army wide rule.

For him thats enough to call the codex cheesy, and that we are full of cheese..., i was kinda dumbfounded with my jaw gaping...

So when i rolled over the poor IF guy, he was looking at me and said" ...and you dare tell me that your codex isn't strong..."...what ever buddy, i'm not the one with Cheap Gargantuan creatures and STR6 assault4 on freakin Jetbikes...

The old "if you win, you must have been cheating/cheesy" argument. Classic. 

Surely it's impossible the opponent took crappy units, had lousy dice rolls, made tactical errors, etc. IMPOSSIBLE, I SAY!

Yeah i know right?

Anyway this eldar player on the other hand really likes my conversions and models, and since i'm a louzy painter, and he's pretty good, he nagged me for quite sometimes to let him do it.

So i gave him my Mauler and Soul grinder friday, he sent me pics today of the PiPs.

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/735509SAM4354.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/260079SAM4361.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/435798SAM4367.jpg

Still some work to do, i asked him to paint all the mecanical claws in metal so that the BftBG paint comes out better, to also add faint blue or green glow to the exhausts pipes and in the big skull on the SG orbits and to dirty them a bit more and paint scratches, ditchs, and bullets impacts, because right now they are a bit too clean imo.

I think it will come out great.

If you're gonna use Khorne Daemonkin, use the CSM's there. Army wide FNP is just too good for everything to miss out on. Also, as part of a slaughtercult, they can have the secondary bonus too, making them even better. If you want Troop tax for CSM stuff, use cultists in my opinion in a Khorne list. 

Just a couple pics of some stuff I've been working on.  :)

Very early pic of my Juggernaut Lord conversion, magnetzing the arms is kind of a pain in the ass because you have to do it at the elbow.  So I've got an axe, a LC, a PF, and then I need to magnetize the other claw there.

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae25/brettnephew/DSCN16841.jpg

Second Juggernaut Lord, his knees are magnetized so I can swap him out for the Bloodletter Herald, he's also go Magnetized weapons

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae25/brettnephew/DSCN16851.jpg

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae25/brettnephew/DSCN16861.jpg

And then my latest prince.  I chopped these wings off a toy from HobbyLobby and magnetized the weapon hand

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae25/brettnephew/DSCN16871.jpg

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae25/brettnephew/DSCN16881.jpg

Lots of painting to do and some more modeling on the Juggernaut Lords, but It's all coming along slowly but surely!

-Brett

Ok so got a 1k game vs Daemons either tonight or tomorrow night I'm anticipating psykers so I'm thinking of taking this as I would of taken my Nurgle force but I'm finding Nurgle boring thoughts

HQ

Chaos Lord aura of dark glory Axe of Khorne the Brazen Rune warlord 135 points

Troops

10 Chaos Marines 2 plasma guns power fist 215 points

Rhino 35 points

8 x Cultists 56 points

Elites

4 X Chaos Terminators 160 points

Chain fist combi melta Combi Flamer

Land raider 230 points

Fast Attack

Rhino 35 points

Heavy Support

Hellbrute 100 points

Plan is as u know outside of a GuO and plague bearers he Dosent have alot of anti tank I'm going to spam vehicles. He also goes psyker heavy so the Brazen Rune will be useful

Archived