++Blood for the Blood God: Daemonkin community++

I would prob use the three Juggers, create two Lord's; one fist/claw, one magnetized for axe or sword (which mine is) and the last one I would build a Herald (for the bonuses). I say this, because without any hatred bonus re-rolls, I find the KDK Juggerlord kind of sucky vs Axe of Blind Fury w/VoLW - so much so that I have been allying him in with cultist tax. KDK ones just don't have enough attacks imho. I do like VoLW too.

For the record mine was built using the Herald juggernaut (metal), reposed raptor legs, FW berzerker torso, a possessed head converted to look like Urkrathos using DV Lord and greenstuff. Magnetized at the elbow, axe is from Vrosh Tattersoul.

I would prob use the three Juggers, create two Lord's; one fist/claw, one magnetized for axe or sword (which mine is) and the last one I would build a Herald (for the bonuses). I say this, because without any hatred bonus re-rolls, I find the KDK Juggerlord kind of sucky vs Axe of Blind Fury w/VoLW - so much so that I have been allying him in with cultist tax. KDK ones just don't have enough attacks imho. I do like VoLW too.

For the record mine was built using the Herald juggernaut (metal), reposed raptor legs, FW berzerker torso, a possessed head converted to look like Urkrathos using DV Lord and greenstuff. Magnetized at the elbow, axe is from Vrosh Tattersoul.

I agree. For me, an AoBF juggerlord joined to KDK destroys any HQ option we have other than the D-Thirster. Even then, in many situations he's still better. The ONLY time in this cussing game I roll 6's reliably is when I'm rolling for my daemon weapon attacks :biggrin.: . Inevitably wipe the unit, inevitably get shot to hell the next turn. Sunrise, sunset.

.....and Khorne is pleased at the blood shed ;)

atm I have been running the allied AoBF Lord and a KDK Daemon Prince as my Slaughtercult HQ (Warlord). He still wracks up blood points when in the Flesh Hound unit, though not in challenges. The Prince in fairness isn't great, but he does keep the heat off the 'Big D', who is getting less attention then wrecking absolute face. On his own the Bloodthirster is a fire magnet, but with the added incentive of a warlord point the Prince gets targeted. Sunrise, sunset, Khorne is pleased with the blood shed :D

Yeah I'm a full time student right now and my disposable income is down to like 50$ a month, so I am not really rolling in the models like I was back when I was working at the Caterpillar.  Oh well.   It definitely causes me to really look at something objectively before I buy it. 

-Brett

Yeah, if you just want the reavers I'd wait for the separate box (out for pre release this weekend I believe). They will probably be multiples and much more suitable for conversions.  With the Aos one you kind of have to put them together and then cut them apart.  Although you do get the whip guy (going to be a cultist champion), the banner guy (to be a berserker champion), the big beauty (chaos spawn?) and the fella with the flesh hound (might make a good lord).

Hey everyone!

With my second KDK game under my belt I thought I'd share my experience here in brief. I played a 1500 pt game vs Eldar and sure enough, much blood was shed! Unfortunately more Daemonkin blood than filthy Eldar fluid, as I got tabled in turn 6. Still, I did have a lot of fun and my opponent likewise, and I feel with an improved list and some pointers from you guys things could easily reverse in the rematch!

My opponent brought 3 units of 3 Cannonbikes, a farseer in a 10man unit of wraithguard with shields, a 5man unit of wraithguard with flamers, 2 serpents, a Vyper, and a big unit of guardians with a warlock, and a Wraithknight (D-Cannons)

I'll quickly go over my units and how I think they performed:

SLAUGHTERCULT:

Juggerlord with ClawFist and 4++ in a unit of 2 Spawn

To be honest I expected more of this unit. They killed the 5man wraithguard with flamers (after another unit ate overwatch), a 3man jetbike unit, and took 4 wounds off the Wraithknight, which ultimately stomped/beat them to death. As in my first game vs Necrons, I get the feeling that a Juggerlord is fairly squishy. I know 3+/4++ T5... but still. Either I stick Axe of Korlath on him, that Eternal Warrior armor (he got instagibbed by the WK), or I'll just field a stock Herald as my warlord and turn that one into a Blood Thirster asap.

2 units of Bloodletters

These seem decent value for being a troop choice. Their AP3 is ace, and the 5++ can be supported with FnP. The low toughness of 3 sucks though - no FnP vs Shuriken Cannons...

5 Possessed in a Rhino

These seemed pretty cool, but 5 die fast. I had them assault the Farseer in his Wraith Guard death star, because he was deployed dead center and I figured I had to deal with this unit sooner or later anyway.

GOREPACK

2x 4 Bikers with flamers.

The infamous Gorepack! Best formation out of the codex apparently. They did alright in this game. I gave them flamers because I expected more scatterbikes, but even then I think that would have been a mistake. Melters would have given me more AT to use against the Serpents or the Wraith Knight.

6 Flesh Hounds

I know I know, too few of them. But my friend, who I borrowed the demons from, didn't have any more :sad.: Again, they did alright. Like the bikes, I threw them against the Farseer "death star".

BRAZEN ONSLAUGHT

3 Terminators with Melters

I like the models and wanted some AT weapons. Unfortunately Khorne despises shooting and I missed 2 shots, with the last one being a pen that got jinked. Then they died vs the Farseer and his WG.

2x3 Juggernaughts 

Poor things! I really wanted to give them a chance! Then the 1st unit gets D-flamed by the Wraith Guard with flamers, and the 2nd I had to sacrifice to the same D-flamers to be able to charge them with my Lord afterwards.

WAR MACHINE

Soul Grinder with Torrent and Warp Sword

So last time I fielded that thing with Phlegm Bombardment and it ended up missing all its shots and swiftly getting bogged down by 3 Necron Wraiths in combat, slowly grinding them to dust over several turns.

Now this time I thought I'd grab the sword to get more attacks and speed up that process, and the torrent flamer to harass jetbikes. Unfortunately for some reason Eldar jetbikes seem to wear power armor whereas Dark Eldar jetbikes for instance only have a 5+ armor save. Huh. Anyway, my poor Soul Grinder takes a volley by the Wraith Knight and dies. He killed 1 jetbike before that.

So overall this might read pretty bleak but I have to repeat that I did enjoy the speed and mechanics of KDK. I most likely just didn't get my target priority and deployment right, as well as fielding a not perfectly optimized list.

Deployment wise I tried to overload a flank but got hampered by terrain and the amount of space my units required to set up. I just sent everything straight ahead to get into melee asap which was fun. I also only lost one unit in T1 and another before most everything was tied up in assault. I threw a lot of dice, especially when attacking, but the farseer unit proved too tough a nut to crack in the end. Those things have T6 and a 4++, which got boosted sometimes to 3++ thanks to the farseer. They also attack at I4, so at the same time as most of our units, which didn't help. In the end they weathered the assault of both biker units, the flesh hounds, the Possessed and the Terminator unit, and still had 2 Wraith Guard and a wounded Farseer standing. They also have rage, so if I ignore them and they get a charge off instead they hit pretty hard with 30 attacks.

The 2nd thing that really didn't go my way was the assault against the Wraith Knight. In the first round I took 4 of his 6 wounds, but in the second round 1 wound got past my lords invul which instagibbed him. From then on everything went downhill fast.

So I hope this wall of text was somewhat informative, and maybe you can offer some suggestions how to deal with Eldar a little better and what other mistakes I made. I'm happy to learn and I really like this army so far.

Thanks for reading and happy hunting!

Cool man.  I haven't played a KDK game yet, but I've played lots of CSM and Daemon games so I can relate.  Yeah you need that blood forged armor on the Jugger Lord to keep him going against ID stuff.  I think you're right about taking Melta's on the bikes, My CSM bike squads are all set up with Meltas.

As for the Bloodcrushers, they are totally a glass canon right now, and I have been successful keeping them in terrain (where the game allows) and then using the 12" move to close the gap quick and a banner of blood to ensure I get the charge off, and then profit as they run the train on whatever you charged. 

Cool report man, thanks for sharing.

-Brett

Hehe, yeah they would get owned pretty quick against melta bikes.   I still like them quite a bit, and in fact.. here's some pictures of my done Bloodcrusher squad(s) 8 dudes strong.

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae25/brettnephew/DSCN16771.jpg

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae25/brettnephew/DSCN16781.jpg

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae25/brettnephew/DSCN16791.jpg

And this dude, I magnetized his sword and a banner (ran out of magnets but I have an instrument for him too)  I did this to once guy in each squad.

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae25/brettnephew/DSCN16801.jpg

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae25/brettnephew/DSCN16811.jpg

So yeah those guys are done as I'm going to get them.  Now I'm working on the 9th model which I magnetized a marine rider and a Herald rider (from the skull-canon model)

I'm also working on these two fine fellows

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae25/brettnephew/DSCN16821.jpg

And

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae25/brettnephew/DSCN16831.jpg

More later :)

-Brett

So i had a nice game today, 2Vs2 3000pts each.

my KDK, my Chaos Buddy with his Tsons and Tzeentch deamons allies Vs a Dark Angel and a Grey Knight.

Now it was a long time since i faced a GK, and i din't play it with the new codex so i was nervous, but things went pretty darn well for us and we won 14 to 6.

Now both players had a lot of their armies coming in DS, we had enough luck that only some units came per turn and the GK player is pretty cool, so even if he had 2 paladin units( one of 10 models and one of 5), the rest was 4 PA GK a Raider and something else that i can't remember.

i simply added to my list a Plasma Dread, 2x Termicids, 3 Spawns,a BT of Insensate Rage and a Herald on Jugger.

So we did go to turn 3, then it was allready like 23;30 so we ended it( we started at 19h), i had an enormous amount of luck with all my FnP rolls, i was succeding 4 rolls on 6, one of my Cultists unit was lucky enough to kill off the 4 last GK's of a PA squad with their sheer number of attacks, while my Jugger Goredrinker Lord+Herald on Jugger+Hounds made a huge dent in the 10 man paladin squad, with the help of my TS buddy Soul crusher and 3 of his Slaanesh fiends.

What also greatly helped mitigate the GK power was the amount of Warp charges from my friend who helped me DtW on every attempt to cast Bannishement on my Hounds and D-engines with of course Adamentium will from my Blood Tithe.

In the end i lost 4 bikes, 8 hounds, 2 CSM, 3 Termies, 3 Spawns, 1 Skull cannon, 1 Rhino and one Mauler.

While the GK player still had 4PA GK's, 6 Paladins and the DA player, 2 RHinos with 5man squads, 4 DW termies 2 Dreads and 1 Vengeance Speeder, don't remember what my Friend was left with, i only remember that he lost 5 Oblits a few Rubrics a Rhino and a few Pink horrors and a screamer unit.

But all in all, the game was really fun and we enjoyed it.

So tried a blood host today and while I loved the slaughter cult buffs the blood host command benefits feel kinda weak. Chosen of khorne for example the slaughter cult has it. Yes +1 tithe point a turn is nice but I should be hitting combat by turn 2/3 so it seems rather redundant. I think I'm going to go unbound and include a slaughter cult

Cool man.  Are those Blood angels in the background? or Khorne badasses?  I like the models so far, though I would suggest drilling the barrels.  I got a pretty solid hobby drill bit set for like $12 at a hobbytown and It drills everything from lowly cultists lasguns up to Knight barrels. 

Though the picture is not too stellar I can tell from some of the bright parts of the backpack on your champ there that your control looks really solid.  Well played sir.

-Brett

Cool man.  Are those Blood angels in the background? or Khorne badasses?  I like the models so far, though I would suggest drilling the barrels.  I got a pretty solid hobby drill bit set for like $12 at a hobbytown and It drills everything from lowly cultists lasguns up to Knight barrels. 

Though the picture is not too stellar I can tell from some of the bright parts of the backpack on your champ there that your control looks really solid.  Well played sir.

-Brett

Thank you! My dad's blood angels are in the background yes! We sometimes paint at the table together, he is working on getting an army hes had for longer than I've been alive actually painted while im steadily working on having 28 models for 500 points :D i take the pics with my terrible iPhone Camera, i may attempt better pictures in the future :D

Thanks

~Sapphon

I'm debating getting Demonkin to cover book costs and was wondering if it would be worth making a marine focused army using the rules, or if I should just stick to Crimson Laughter/Vanilla?

That also means I'll need help with list building as I don't want to run certain things, but I have to take my nap before my day shift.

I've been reading and re-reading the book quite a bit, and one of the things that I've noticed is that It seems fairly limiting to not use Daemons.  The formations are the bread and butter of the Slaugthercult detachment, and to get the benefits you need to include at least BloodLetters and KhorneDogs.  The Gorepack seems to be a very strong choice in this book where both power and cost are concerned, so you'd need to have a pack or two of dogs.   The book doesn't require anything though.  You can go unbound and build whatever you want, you just miss out on some of the cool bonuses.  The tithe points can be spent spawning things as well, so having a sack full of Daemons at your beck and call is always a plus. 

Just my 2 cents, but the book is really cool, and the lists can be very strong and fast.  I'd pick it up and build your list however you like.  :)

-Brett

Archived