++Blood for the Blood God: Daemonkin community++

Yeah, I've looked into it, it seems like a pretty decent artefact. I play Eldar a lot, so I may try it out in my next game.

How do people use their mortal followers in their force (Marines, Beserkers, Cultists)? All I see is Daemons for the core of most armies, yet I think that there is a place for them.

Also, how do people use Possessed in their armies? I currently use 5 in a Rhino/ Land Raider, they do work. Will probably expand them to eight for Fluff purposes!

Also, Charnel Cohorts: Good idea? I'm thinking of making one: 8x8 Bloodletters, 5 hounds, Skulltaker, 3 Bloodcrushers and a Skull Cannon. Thoughts?

I use Zerkers and CSM in my KDK.

usually the Hounds from the gorepack are tying down or at least try to do it, as much ennemy units as they can as quickly they can, while the Zerkers in the LR and the CSM in support in the Rhino comes to the party.

I don't sink more points in my Possesed, i run them as they are, they are following the rhino or the LR for LOSB and help with a difficult combat if i need more bodies in it.

Or i send them towards some light support vehicle, with their Str 6 they usually get the job done.

A mate of mine runs a CHarnel cohort with :cussloads of Letters, since their cheap but still are AP3, its quite difficult to take care off, its a bit like a SwarmNid lite list, but without the good things that Nids are good at, but with Deamon things instead.

So from the 30th September my local GW is holding a 5 week challenge 1000 points games with a few restrictions at the start

No vehicles

No AP or AP2

No psykers

As it goes on these restrictions will be lifted and we have to use this force or

1 hq

3 troops

1 elite

1 fast Attack

1 heavy Support

No Low no fortifications

Really tempted to use the daemonkin in this

So from the 30th September my local GW is holding a 5 week challenge 1000 points games with a few restrictions at the start

No vehicles

No AP or AP2

No psykers

As it goes on these restrictions will be lifted and we have to use this force or

1 hq

3 troops

1 elite

1 fast Attack

1 heavy Support

No Low no fortifications

No Ap2 is kind of stupid as a restriction, since a lot of HQ's can take/have 2+ save..., what do you do with them?, you try to scratch their paint off?...

For the rest it lt might be interresting, you should ask if there is any restrictions on formations, if not you can always include a gorepack and a slaugthercult, shame that there is no none-vehicle HS in KDK, but then again you can always summon a Skull cannon during the game, since you don't break the restriction, since you din't take it as part of your FoC.

No vehicles

No AP or AP2

No psykers

1 hq

3 troops

1 elite

1 fast Attack

1 heavy Support

No Low no fortifications

No Ap2 is kind of stupid as a restriction, since a lot of HQ's can take/have 2+ save..., what do you do with them?, you try to scratch their paint off?...

For the rest it lt might be interresting, you should ask if there is any restrictions on formations, if not you can always include a gorepack and a slaugthercult, shame that there is no none-vehicle HS in KDK, but then again you can always summon a Skull cannon during the game, since you don't break the restriction, since you din't take it as part of your FoC.

From what I understand we are not allowed to summon mcs or vehicles and no formations

Brothers, I have a painting conundrum. Where the hell do I put bone on a Rhino? Other than freehanding the Harvest symbol, nothing springs to mind, but I'd like to do something else if I can.

Dragonlover

Hmmm. I'm going to have the same issue with mine. I think you'll have to pick some parts to be red and some bone. Perhaps invert the normal ratio to make it start out or minimise it.

Oh hey I just remembered, is this KDK community ever going to get our own little graphic for our sigs, the way World Eaters, Night Lords, etc. do?  I realize that's time and effort, but it would be much appreciated. I would lavish praises upon you! HEAP them, even!

I could potentially knock something simple up (see my sig for the Bloodgorged symbol). Just need an icon and some text on a different layer. I struggle to upload anything to the gallery though so I use my Picasa/Google thing.

Just finished the flesh hounds from the barghest fiends. The quality of the detail wasn't great. A lot of claws and chains pretty much falling apart but the general theme is good.

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-TrTPMdm8aB8/VgBzpPlWckI/AAAAAAAAAws/WWLPrzQ0Gcw/s2048-no/IMG_1884.JPG

So coming back on my issue with the Goredrinker combo i was using and that a few of the guys made a lot of efforts to make it like its not legal.

To refresh the memories, i was using the Goredrinker+Axe of Khorne combos, by reading the rules of Goredrinker it was( and still is) my understanding that, when you make unsaved wounds with your melee attacks( not wounds made with goredrinker), the bearer(model) gets buffs( not Goredrinker, unlike CS Blade of the relentless), even if he uses another weapon.

Now they told me that since the Bloodfeast rule of Goredrinker, is in the profil of a weapon, i cannot claim the bonuses it gives the model if i strike with another weapon then goredrinker and gave exemple such as Blind and Soulblaze from the Sm Fiery Sword etc.

I've reread the rules of Goredrinker with them, and showed them the flaw in their logic, since Blind/Shred/etc rules are indeed in the appropriate weapon profil, but its not because of that, that you cannot use it with others weapons equipped, its because the Blind/shred rule says that hits with a weapon that as the blind rule, blind, or that roll to wounds made with a weapon that as shred can be rerolled, Goredrinker' Bloodfeast rule, doesn't say anything about hitting/wounding/or using Goredrinker itselfs.

To spell it out, Bloodfeast rule says" Keep a count of all the unsaved Wounds caused by the Bearer's melee attacks. At the start of each of your turns, consult the table below to see what effects Goredrinker will have on its bearer; These effects are cumulative."

So in their exemple Shred happens when you wounds, Blind when you Hit etc, When does Blood Feast triggers?, at the start of your turn, so not when you are hitting with it, or wounding with it, so in short NOT when you're using it.

The rule also says"... the effetcs that Goredrinker will have on its Bearer...", so still nothing to do with the Weapon in itself, since its the Bearer aka Model, to further this the Chart says " 1-2 wounds; Add1 to the bearer's Strength characteristic", NOT the Weapon Profile, or when you USE the Weapon, but the BEARER'S ( Model) CHARATERISTIC.

i have to admit that i've found the mention of Bearer's characteristic only in the english version of the codex that i have bought with the collector edition, since in the french codex it only says " +1 to the Bearer's Str".

If i was to apply their logic and method, even if the Model had the 2xStr characteristic bonus, and would like to use another weapon, i would only be able to use my Lord's Str4.

Not only that but i would never been able to use any of the bonuses, simply because in their mind i can only use the Bloodfeast rule when i use the weapon aka when i strike with it, but the rule for Bloodfeast triggers at the start of YOUR turn, so not when you strike wiht it ( roll for hits, roll for wounds).

And most of all i would have my bonuses, even if i used only Goredrinker to strike, only 1 turn on 2, since the rule says " At the Start of YOUR turn", not " at the start of a player turn".

So i'm been stuborn here or i'm right in how i was using Goredrinker and they are wrong?

-snip-

Have you tried the official rules forum?

As for the members of Daemonkin...

I was wondering if any of you would mind taking a look at my homebrew Khorne dex, as it is strongly in your field.

Couple of important caveats though:

a. this is not Daemonkin, although some of the design decisions may seem similar

b. this is based off of a larger Chaos codex project I am working on

c. this is designed with the idea that summoning being a manner of creating new units is generally unbalancing in a point driven system and is therefore not a central theme. (This will eventually extend to a rewrite of the malefic discipline, so that Khorne isn't left out of the getting-daemons-to-the-board game)

Thread here.

Archived